Old 03-22-2013, 02:16 PM   #1  
Started IP 1/21/13

S/C/G: 213/213/213

Height: 5'5

Default Meal Replacement Drink...coming soon to IP!

I saw my coach today for my WI and she showed me the new meal replacement drinks IP is going to be coming out with soon. Not sure when but sounds like in a few weeks. Flavors are Vanilla, Chococate and Strawberry....

Last edited by Blessed900711; 03-22-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Blessed900711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:19 PM   #2  
knm

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

My coach has had these for a few months (in Canada). When I originally asked about them she said they were for maintenance and I wasn't there yet so never asked anymore questions. I'll ask again at my WI today.
knm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:21 PM   #3  
Started IP 1/21/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by knm View Post
My coach has had these for a few months (in Canada). When I originally asked about them she said they were for maintenance and I wasn't there yet so never asked anymore questions. I'll ask again at my WI today.
Thanks for checking, my coach didn't say anything about them being only for maintenance....
Old 03-22-2013, 02:57 PM   #4  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

They are meant for maintenance, as an emergency-backup kind of thing. IP is also coming out with Phase 4 prepackaged dinners (like Lean cuisine) for the same purpose. THey aren't meant to be used all the time but are an add-on product for situations where you may not be able to get in a proper meal.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:00 PM   #5  
Started IP 1/21/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
They are meant for maintenance, as an emergency-backup kind of thing. IP is also coming out with Phase 4 prepackaged dinners (like Lean cuisine) for the same purpose. THey aren't meant to be used all the time but are an add-on product for situations where you may not be able to get in a proper meal.
Thanks for the information, I do like the convenience factor of these types if products in a pinch....

Last edited by Blessed900711; 03-22-2013 at 03:01 PM.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:17 PM   #6  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

More overpriced products to purchase to help you maintain your weight.

Still no education about how fat loss/gain actually happens.

Excellent.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:31 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

I posted this awhile ago but IP is coming out with new non-restricted packets in May:

Garlic & Herb Potato Chips
Cornflakes
RTD Cappucino
Chocolate Brownie
Ready-to-Eat Chocolate Pudding (already available in Canada)

Last edited by IdealProteinNewbie; 03-22-2013 at 03:32 PM.
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:34 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post

Excellent.

My gained weight is because I didn't follow through with a maintenance plan. I was on my own. I can only blame myself. My insurance plan d/c the in-person dietitian coverage so they could save money. I was a hard core Type 2 diabetic back then. Cleveland Clinic helped me lose the weight by teaching me what to consume. I also used Syntrax Nectar shakes and gym work-outs. I had a great endo MD who I still see, my next appt is May.

When I last saw her this past October I weighed 146, she said I was good to know, but inside of me I knew I was in trouble. I got depressed and started eating and going to the gym less.

I know if I want to eat reasonable healthy, like 1500 cal a day I have to work out, or the fat comes back. Some say this is way too little to eat to maintain, but I found out I can't go over that amount, and still have to work out. Without workouts to maintain I drastically have to eat less.

We now have a 1-800 dietician, who I can barely understand as she has a heavy Southern accent. I once asked her to help me calculate my LBM...she did not know how and she is a RD? She then told me I was eating way too much protein. I should have less than 50g a day? I nearly lost it. I complained to my HR manager, noting came of it. So I am on my own again trying to figure everything out. I don't have the money to attend a "diet center program". I can't afford MF, so I am using Nectar and BW and WS. When I do eat food, it is healthy, not fried (Foreman grill) and proper veggies. I limit myself to less than 30g carbs a day.

I do this because I do not want to die from complications of diabetes.
CosmosHuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:58 PM   #9  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:

Excellent.
Since it's a company who's business plan is based on selling people products to help them lose weight why should you be surprised that they develop new products to do so?

IP isn't in business to "educate" people they're in business to make money. One of the ways they can do that is to hire "coaches" with limited training. If they were to hire professional dieticians that spent enough time to educate people better there would be considerable more expense involved.

Of course we could just have the government take over. I'm sure that'd bring the cost down for everyone /sarc.
M35A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:16 PM   #10  
Embracing the suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
Since it's a company who's business plan is based on selling people products to help them lose weight why should you be surprised that they develop new products to do so?

IP isn't in business to "educate" people they're in business to make money. One of the ways they can do that is to hire "coaches" with limited training. If they were to hire professional dieticians that spent enough time to educate people better there would be considerable more expense involved.

Of course we could just have the government take over. I'm sure that'd bring the cost down for everyone /sarc.
I'm not surprised and it appears we completely agree except on one point.

They could very easily supply material that accurately educates their dieters. Basic information is not difficult to teach. Instead, IP teaches rediculous notions like the pancreas needed to rest, and the magic of ketosis.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:23 PM   #11  

IP isn't the only one preaching "magic" of ketosis.

Drs. Volek & Phinney:
  • Low Carbohydrate Performance
  • The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living: An Expert Guide to Making the Life-Saving Benefits of Carbohydrate Restriction Sustainable and Enjoyable
Gary Taubes books:
  • Why We Get Fat
  • Good Calories, Bad Calories
Dr Michael Eades books
Dr Mary Vernon
Dr William Davis
Dr Johnny Bowden

To name a few.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:04 PM   #12  
Embracing the suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
IP isn't the only one preaching "magic" of ketosis.

Drs. Volek & Phinney:
  • Low Carbohydrate Performance
  • The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living: An Expert Guide to Making the Life-Saving Benefits of Carbohydrate Restriction Sustainable and Enjoyable
Gary Taubes books:
  • Why We Get Fat
  • Good Calories, Bad Calories
Dr Michael Eades books
Dr Mary Vernon
Dr William Davis
Dr Johnny Bowden

To name a few.
I have no idea why you listed a bunch of books/authors of low carb dieting. (Some of which are even decent) I'm not arguing that against low carb or even ketogenic dieting. In fact, I am a proponent of such. I'm just against disinformation. I'm against telling people information that is not true.

I like facts. Fact: you can gain fat in ketosis. Fact: Ketosis is not why you lose fat.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:08 PM   #13  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:

Excellent.
I agree with John, sounds like crap to me. I'd stay away. This is not the direction I'd like to see things going.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:45 PM   #14  
knm

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

Whether or not you agree with these new meal replacements, here's what my coach told me. As already mentioned, these are for maintenance. Flavors are vanilla, chocolate and strawberry. Although my clinic sells packs individually, these need to be bought by the box. 14 drinks for $48.
I didn't write down the exact nutrition info but from what I remember, from briefly looking at the chocolate one:
225 calories
8 g fat
23 g protein
17 g carbs
5 g fibre
Guessing the vanilla and strawberry would be similar.
knm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:07 PM   #15  
Embracing the suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by knm View Post
Whether or not you agree with these new meal replacements, here's what my coach told me. As already mentioned, these are for maintenance. Flavors are vanilla, chocolate and strawberry. Although my clinic sells packs individually, these need to be bought by the box. 14 drinks for $48.
I didn't write down the exact nutrition info but from what I remember, from briefly looking at the chocolate one:
225 calories
8 g fat
23 g protein
17 g carbs
5 g fibre
Guessing the vanilla and strawberry would be similar.
Sorry I was just feeling a bit snarky today. I understand that from time to time someone might want to drink their meal rather than eat it. That said - I'd much rather have a protein shake and a piece of fruit. Costs far less, more filling, and almost as convienient.