Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-22-2013, 01:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 284/276/140

Height: 5,3

Default Just Starting

Hello everyone! This is my first day here and I am very excited for the support I know I will get. You probably think I'm in shape by my name, but I'm not. You see I have always wanted to do ballet. I never got too because I've always been overweight and felt self conscious to take any classes. My goal is to lose the weight and be able to dance like I have always wanted. I recently found God and I know that because I want to glorify his name, I must lose weight. I'm tired of being heavy and unhealthy! I want to go shopping and be able to buy nice clothing for once. I'm 23 years old and I'm afraid to get out of the house because of my weight. I feel really bad about it, but I live with my mom and she says it's fine as long as I go to school. I do classes online. I used to go in person but when I gained weight in the summer of 2012, I opted for online instead. Anyways there's my story. I just started changing my eating habits and working out again this Tuesday and I already lost 3 pounds! I know it's probably water weight but hey anything is better than nothing. I was weighing 284 last summer and now I'm weighing 260 exactly. So I have lost some weight this past fall, but I want to take it a step further. My goal is 140-120. I need to see how I look at those stats to decide if I want to stay that way or continue.
But yeah that's me and my intro. I hope I can continue to lose weight and get the support I need on here. I hope I can support anyone else too. Much love and God bless ya! < Yay for rabbit food!!!

Also I wanted to add that lately what is happening is that I try to diet and if I eat something I'm not supposed to (like a cookie) I go crazy and say "well I already ruined my diet so I might as well mess it up until next week!" then I go to the store and buy soda, cookies, candy, chips and pasta and I gobble it up! It's crazy! I have a food addiction. Then I will start on Monday and if I mess up, guess what happens? The same thing! I need to stop this! I've been praying about it and I think that God is helping me through it. Like I said I started this Tuesday and it's only Friday but I already feel better. I just hope and pray I can continue to be in control and not fall again.

Last edited by Balletlover; 03-22-2013 at 01:21 AM.
Balletlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:34 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hello and And on your new relationship with God! Very wise decision.

Glad you are getting started on your weight loss! Good for you.

If your eating plan is so strict that one cookie throws you into disarray, perhaps you are being too confining. What type of plan are you on? What about exercise?

There are a lot of diets out there if that is what you want... but I will say that you don't have to "diet" to lose weight and get in shape. I personally just eat healthful foods, mostly organic, eat very little meat (esp red meat), avoid most processed foods, chemicals, fake sugar, etc... lots of fresh fruit and veggies (but PLENTY of other yummy foods as well) and it not only works, but my meals are delicious!! And it WORKS. And yes, I eat a cookie or two now and then, and even usually buy a piece or two of gourmet chocolate when I am at the natural market.

Please share more about what you are doing and your plan. And some of us have a daily check in thread... please feel free to join us if you would like.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...elcome-12.html

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 03-22-2013 at 07:36 AM.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:58 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

Welcome! It's so awesome that you are getting yourself into the I-can-do-it weight loss mindset. You really need to hold onto that, even if you plateau or have an off week. I find that the support that I've gotten here has really helped me through a couple of those weeks where the needle wouldn't budge...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misti in Seattle View Post
If your eating plan is so strict that one cookie throws you into disarray, perhaps you are being too confining. What type of plan are you on? What about exercise?
I agree with Misti. In my personal experience, and from what I've read on the forums here, sometimes it is better to change one thing at a time, or at least try to find something that you can sustain without having an avalanche of junk food eating happening. I know that that is a simplistic approach to your particular situation, but it might help.

Also, for additional inspiration, you should check out the "Goal!" forum, where people post their great accomplishments. If they can do it, so can you!
RVAscreenwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 215/215/160

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

I can be the same way as you about a diet, I'll eat a piece of chocolate and then say that my diet is ruined for the day. I saw a saying a few weeks ago and it has really helped me when I do "cheat". "One good meal won't make you skinny just like one bad meal won't make you fat". It makes so much sense! Eating one salad a week isn't going to make you lose 50 lbs over night, just like eating a piece or two of pizza won't make you gain 50 lbs.
gracie1887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:09 PM   #5  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie1887 View Post
I can be the same way as you about a diet, I'll eat a piece of chocolate and then say that my diet is ruined for the day. I saw a saying a few weeks ago and it has really helped me when I do "cheat". "One good meal won't make you skinny just like one bad meal won't make you fat". It makes so much sense! Eating one salad a week isn't going to make you lose 50 lbs over night, just like eating a piece or two of pizza won't make you gain 50 lbs.
Great post!!

I used to be "all or nothing" -- because if I ate any chocolate, cookies, etc. at ALL I would end up totally pigging out on it. A while back I was seeing a nutritionist and she advised me that I needed to get into the "gray" areas instead of having it all to be black or white... on or off... and to learn to have a a little bit of such things. And finally I learned to do that! Now when I go to PCC (natural market) I buy one Oregon dark chocolate mint truffle... and a couple of their yummy gourmet cookies, etc. I've also learned to drink coffee (which I used to guzzle) ONLY when I am at church or someone's house, etc. I stopped drinking it totally for three months and never thought I'd be able to do this but I learned.

Bad habits can be broken... LOL I was the world's worst so if I can do it anyone can!!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:22 AM   #6  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote