Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 03-19-2013, 06:00 PM   #1  
Fit Chick Summer 2013

S/C/G: 380/190/120

Height: 5'6

Default Is anyone doing Gluten Free here? Any good snack ideas?

I'm doing gluten free right now I do true gluten free with no beans or rice or any kind of grains though so it is very limited >.< anyone have any good ideas for snacks that is doing this also?
going2bskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 189.4/173.8/150

Height: 6'

I do gluten free! I eat a lot of string cheese and almonds, or apples and peanut butter, or like some beef jerky and a fruit leather, I just keep it simple and small because I'm usually out on the run! I try to get 15 grams of protein in each snack, and 30 grams at each meal and it helps me gluten free but not feel like I'm being totally deprived. Hope this helps!
KatieBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:05 PM   #3  
Fit Chick Summer 2013

S/C/G: 380/190/120

Height: 5'6

Those are good snacks thanks katie it gets harder for me because I am also dairy free and trying to be meat free as well and egg free aaah lol this is rough. And I don't have soy >.<
going2bskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:05 PM   #4  
is a persistent thistle

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/133

Height: 5'6"

Have you ever checked out Your Lighter Side? It's an excellent blog with lots of gluten-free recipes of all sorts. I'm not gluten-free myself but I like to pick up interesting recipes and I just love some of the ideas I find here.
Thistleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:57 PM   #5  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by going2bskinny View Post
Those are good snacks thanks katie it gets harder for me because I am also dairy free and trying to be meat free as well and egg free aaah lol this is rough. And I don't have soy >.<

I think you've limited yourself to veggies and nuts
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:39 PM   #6  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I know some gluten free vegans and actually a lot of commercial products that are vegan are also gluten free, much to my dismay (as I like gluten). I know a lot of the gluten free/vegan cookbooks on Amazon focus on baked goods but if you are also rice free, that'd eliminate some stuff. You might want to look into a raw 'cookbook' or website for other ideas.

How about Chia Seed pumpkin pudding, something like this: (or google for similar recipes)
http://www.delightedmomma.com/2012/1...d-pudding.html

A quick google came up with this quick list which reminds me, I really like sweet potatoes as a snack but you can also make baked sweet potato chips/fries
http://thesunnyrawkitchen.blogspot.c...aw-snacks.html

This forum might also help but most people there probably eat beans and rice. This is a vegan forums gluten-free sub forum.
http://forum.theppk.com/viewforum.ph...246468dc440a41

People on Goneraw tend to use dehydrators which you may not have but a lot of similar items can be created in your oven, here is their recipe index
http://goneraw.com/recipes

And is there a reason you are cutting out beans? I can tell you if you are cutting out meat, dairy, beans, eggs then you will probably get most guidance from the raw vegan community. I personally wouldn't do it and there are a lot of benefits to beans. I've only heard of one medical condition that recommends cutting out beans, possibly low potassium diet? Again, there are vegans that do it but I wish them lots of luck, I love my beans.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:28 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 199/159/135

Height: 5'4.5"

I am gluten free and vegan. I usually eat fruit or nuts as my snacks. No beans makes things a lot harder. Have you tried quinoa? Even though they stick it in with grains, it is technically not a grain. It is the seed of a plant related to spinach. A lot of people who have problems with other grains do well on quinoa. And it is a complete protein, so it might work well for you since you don't eat beans. I make a porridge with it for the morning with some cocoa powder and almond milk and sweetened with stevia, it is really good! Or sometimes I make it with apples, cinnamon, and a sprinkling of walnuts.
chocolatecoveredkatie.com has amazing recipes if you love chocolate and want something healthy-ish (although some are quite high in calories). Oh and sweet potato fries are amazing! You could also do raw veggies (carrots, celery, etc) plain or with guacamole. Someone else mentioned apple and peanut butter, so yummy, or you could use almond butter if you are avoiding peanuts (bean family). Also I have discovered tons of amazing recipes on pinterest, so you might want to check there.
Seashell84 is offline   Reply With Quote