Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2003, 07:09 PM   #1  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Default Kid Chat: Week of 10/05

Hi guys!! Well we are going to try sleeping in the crib tonight. I am so not looking forward to this. The past two nights he has woken himself up trying to turn himself over and crashing into the side of the bassinette. I *like* having him right beside me. I'm probably not going to sleep a wink tonight. UGH!! My baby is growing up.

Hope everyone is having a great day!!
Old 10-06-2003, 02:07 AM   #2  

OK, it's 2am and I am still awake. I should be sleeping, taking advantage of being baby free, but NO. I'M STILL AWAKE!! I've only been in to check on him twice. I will get through this night...I will get through this night...I will get through this night. Gosh, what am I going to be like on the first time he's out at night without me???? LOL.

Night!!
Old 10-06-2003, 12:17 PM   #3  

Transitioning a baby from bassinet to crib is not easy on mommy, lol. I've been through it too. Even did two at once, boy was that not easy.

I hope that as each night passes, you find it easier to fall asleep.
Old 10-06-2003, 12:38 PM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hey!

How'd it go Karen? Hope you got some sleep!
Old 10-06-2003, 03:31 PM   #5  

Hey guys,

Well, I went to bed at 2:30, finally went to sleep and he woke me up at 4 something. He came into bed with us and slept til 8:30. So, 5 or so hours in the crib and 4 or so with us. Not bad I guess. He rooted himself all the way into the top R corner. He looks SO small in that crib!! I'm used to seeing him take up almost the whole bassinette.

Alex and I went to see Under The Tuscan Sun. VERY good movie. He watched it some, fussed a little and nursed ALOT!! I didn't feel too bad about the fussing. I picked a spot without anybody around and all the people who came in late sat around us. They could see I had a baby. There were also two women who talked through the whole thing. They made more noise than Alex did.

OK, I'm being paged. Lauren, we should get together again before you go back to work. Good luck on the job interview.
Old 10-08-2003, 12:55 AM   #6  

OK, this is ridiculous. For three nights now I have not been sleeping. Little Guy is doing great but for some reason I'm not. I have not been napping during the day and I have not been drinking caffeine. My brain is tired. My body is tired. My eyes just refuse to shut. We are staying home tomorrow so I'll probably nap when Alex does.

We had playgroup today. There is an 8 month old little girl there. She was lying on her tummy playing so I put Alex down on his tummy too. He played for awhile (much longer than he will stay on his tummy at home!) then he rolled over onto his back and was chewing on a toy. The little girl crawled over and took the toy away from him. He had the strangest look on his face, like "Hey, didn't I just have a toy?" I felt bad for him but I told him he better get used to it.

OK, gonna go try to make myself sleep. Hope ya'll had a super great day.
Old 10-08-2003, 09:40 PM   #7  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello all!!! Karen--good luck on the transition!!! I will never be able to do that cuz of #2..Oh well..Kaylee will grow up and be rotten!!!!

I see tooth #3 comming up in the top!! Just the little white tip..She has been soo drooling and cranky soo I guess that is why!!
Well..off to bed!!!
Vicki
Old 10-09-2003, 10:44 PM   #8  

Hi guys,

Well, I'm going 4 nights with very little sleep. I'm beat. It's not Little Guy's fault. Well, not totally. Last night I tried from 8 -12 to get him to sleep. Then I just made him lay his head on my chest and go to sleep. Ugh. He screamed and I cried. He was so sleepy he was practically falling over. It took 5 min. They were the longest 5 min!! Tonight I started at 7. It's 10:45 and I just put him down for the third time. I hope he stays now. I'm getting mean now from lack of sleep. I had to give him to DH last night because I was getting so frustrated.

Hope everyone is having a good day/evening!!
Closed Thread