Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 03-02-2013, 03:39 AM   #1  

Default How am I suppose to loss weigh in a house who loves junk

Let me start off by saying I am 19yrsold so its not really everyone else's fault that I'm not working and not paying for my own food but no one is hiring anyways.

My house lives off fast food and refuses to buy anything healthy the only thing we have in this house with the least amount of calories is peanut butter any advice on what to do? I'm dying to be a size 9 by summer I'm a very tight 11 right now.
chasingperfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:14 PM   #2  

If you want to lose the weight and eat right, you can. Recognize that you'll have to cook for yourself. The Overnight Diet includes some delicious and very filling recipes that you'll find totally easy to make. Good luck!
ds291989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:32 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8.5"

If there is nothing else in the house and your family refuses to eat right the only thing you can do is do the best you can with what you have. You can't buy food if you don't have any money. I would get out there and pound the streets and find a job! Even if there are not many job out there right now, keep reminding yourself you need just ONE job!! My suggestion would be to stop saying no one is hiring and get out there and find a job!! You can do it!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:31 PM   #4  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

It may not be a job you want, but there are always jobs available. Its a temporary stepping stone to something better. Find a job and start buying your own food.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #5  
Starting over

S/C/G: 195/185/140

Height: 5'3"

Would you be willing to cook for your family? To go grocery shopping?

Make a menu of what is healthy for you. (breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks) Make a shopping list.

Talk to your parents...they might be thrilled to have someone take over the chore.

Start cooking. Some of your family might resist at first, but hey, if dinner is on the table and they are hungry, the running to fast food will stop. Or at least, slow down.

It would be a great experiment!

Good luck!
veggiedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:28 PM   #6  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

You can eat nothing but junk food and still lose weight. It depends on how much you eat. Create a calorie deficit and you will achieve fat loss.

Issues surrounding lack of employment and your family's attitude towards eating healthful, balanced, nutritive meals are a whole other conversation
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:51 AM   #7  
Aini Clive

Height: 5ft2in

Convince your family that there are many good chicken and fish recipes we can boiled some vegetables to make some coup or just stuff fry some veggies in olive oil with some salt and pepper. They will eventually love that . But first you have to cook and eat in front of them to show how delicious this is to achieve your goal.
ainiclive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:43 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 360/360/145

Height: 5"7'

Nothing more frustrating than the everyone in the house wants to go out for hamburgers and that is the last thing that is healthy. But I have come to realize, even the most unfortunate fast food places now have healthy alternatives worked in the menu board. I try to focus on what I can have rather than what I can't have. It's been hard, it's been annoying, and it's been stressful. . . but I have learned it is Do-able. Good luck with the job hunting, my daughter has been unemployed for several months.
NewBeginnings360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:06 PM   #9  
Battling Binge Eating

S/C/G: 228/179/150

Height: 5'5 1/2

Question, when you say your "house" you don't refer to your family, just your house. Do you live with parents, or roommates? You mention not having a job, have you applied> anything, I scrubbed hotel toilets in my teens and early 20's.

Are you a student, college? Living in a dorm an apartment etc. If you are a college student living in a dorm with a meal plan there are options, if you are unemployeed living with parents, there has to be some food somewhere in the house, or are you living with "room mates" who are carrying you until you work? If they are buying the food and you aren't pitching in you could have issues.

But, when you say there are no healthy food choices, what choices are there? There has to be something besides peanut butter, which is loaded with sugar. What do you consider healthy choices? I know depending on which type of diet you are following, there may be more choices than you know you have..such as low carb eating you would be fine with eggs which are cheap, some lower priced cuts of meat, salad items such as different lettuces, etc. instead of boxes of cereal, ramen noodles, etc. if you are eating just low calorie.

I understand the issue of being surrounded by a housefull of people who aren't eating the way you are. I lost 100 pounds, and have kept 80 of it off, in a household where everyone else ate whatever they wanted, cookies, ice cream, donuts, snack food, pasta, and I was and still am the cook for the family. It is difficult to do, but you can do it.

If you don't have any food choices, due to you not buying the food and others buying it, up your exercise until you can buy foods you need, and cut calories by drinking water instead of anything else. Just cutting a couple hundred calories a day can help you lose weight as well.

We just really need more info before answering what your asking.
mainecyn is offline   Reply With Quote