Old 03-19-2013, 09:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: Peak 300/Restart 270/Goal 130

Height: 5'4.5'

Unhappy Made the mistake of

Looking in the mirror this morning before getting dressed. Everything is so loose and wobbly. It was just gross. My boobs looked like the after photo of a mountain that has just had a landslide. My neck is so wrinkled and I have a freaking turkey wattle that wobbles and wiggles. My gut ... well that is just so sad. old stretch marks that look like tire tracks across my midsection, it hangs down past where a stomach should be. But that isn't so bad now because it partially covers those lovely bubbled out pockets of fat on the inside of my thighs.

So I am doing all this weight loss to be healthy and happy with my body and all I can think is - wow - if this is how gross I look after loosing 90, what the heck is it all going to look like after losing another 70????

I really try to look at this as an adventure - I know that in the end I will have surgery for all the parts I possibly can. But how, in the meantime, do I not let something like this morning screw with the psyche?

I will never get undressed in front of another human being again.
Kat117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:23 AM   #2  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

Oh, Kat, I'm so sorry that you are feeling this way. I've read that it can take your skin up to a year to catch up with your weight loss. Also- of course there is that awkward terrible phase you hit between dropping big numbers where everything seems squishy and terrible, before things firm up again.

Maybe it would help to know that you are nourishing your body and doing something to help it along? I've read that a good bone broth (chicken broth) can help with skin quite a bit. I know that it helps with my knees too!
http://bodyecology.com/articles/bone-broth#.UUhmqCcp-8A
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/250/140

Height: 5' 3"

For a minute there I thought you saw me naked!

You'll be fine. The hardest part is losing the weight. You've obviously done an awesome job at that so far. When seeing yourself gets you down, just think of where you started and how far you've come. That will surely bring your spirits up. I cannot wait until the moment that I can do that.
emid78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:28 AM   #4  

S/C/G: Highest:266/T/Size 8

Height: 5'4

I sometimes have to deal with some of this type of thinking too. This is what I say to myself (when I remember to!): "This is a body in transition, and I am healthier than I was yesterday."

I also know that surgery is nearly certain in my case, so knowing that this state of my body is only temporary, helps. Its transitional. And if you look at some tummy tuck pictures, I think that really helps. What you cant do on your own, can really be improved upon if surgery is something you can/are willing to do.
SarahFairhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:44 AM   #5  

I had the same thing happen recently when I got so excited (??!!) to try on my bathing suits. What the heck was I thinking? I have a feeling I will be wearing some type of wetsuit into my pool this year covering everything up. And the worst part is, I always just wore my big bathing suits in the pool and enjoyed the pool. I mean, I knew I was big and that my suits were big but it was all about enjoying the pool, you know?

I don't have any advice as I am struggling with this myself. Just wanted you to know you aren't alone. And congrats on your weightloss!! We surely are healthier on the inside even if we don't look perfect on the outside.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:51 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 257/ticker/154

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
I had the same thing happen recently when I got so excited (??!!) to try on my bathing suits. What the heck was I thinking? I have a feeling I will be wearing some type of wetsuit into my pool this year covering everything up. And the worst part is, I always just wore my big bathing suits in the pool and enjoyed the pool. I mean, I knew I was big and that my suits were big but it was all about enjoying the pool, you know?

I don't have any advice as I am struggling with this myself. Just wanted you to know you aren't alone. And congrats on your weightloss!! We surely are healthier on the inside even if we don't look perfect on the outside.
I need a wetsuit too! your posts always crack me up
fadedbluejeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:15 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 277/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Oh man, I know how you feel. I'm down 90 lbs as well, and hope to lose another 50. I went clothes shopping over the weekend and had plenty of opportunities to examine my mostly naked body in full-length fitting room mirrors (cue shudder). I've clearly done some irreparable damage to myself, including a stretched-out lower belly that hangs down way too far, the little fat/skin pockets on my inner thighs, and deflating boobs -- oh, and stretch marks galore.

Some parts will eventually firm up (I've heard it takes time), and some things may never fully bounce back. We may never have perfect bikini bodies -- at least not without surgical intervention in my case -- but we will be HEALTHY. And hey, we can think of those stretch marks like battle scars, reminding us that we fought morbid obesity and eventually, against all odds, won.
allieballiebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:52 PM   #8  

The good thing is that not everyone is going to see us naked. (Unless you’re a Kardasian) There will even be people that say, “There goes those chicks with the hot bodies.” Ok, ok, so they’re blind, but it still counts. I’m planning ahead; I’m buying stock in Spandex!
Mantuagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:02 PM   #9  
the muse of memory

Quote:
Yeah. IIIII am feeling the same way. I need a new bathing suit and CRIMINEY I have ugly loose skin at the top of my thighs. I want a normal bathing suit, not a SKIRTED suit as those drag you down, but ugh. It is a struggle.

Kat - I know the feeling. I am... hmmm. Well, also on some level I am a bit perversely proud of the loose skin. That shows how much I've lost. I am shedding this old self, but she will never be gone. So I try to channel my amazement (and dislike) into that feeling of perverse pleasure and remind myself that I am a bada**. Seriously, Samuel Jackson and Bruce Willis have nothing on me. Neither of them have lost 130 lbs.

That's my only real advice, which does nothing for interpersonal self-conciousness. And may be a sign of delusional thinking (of the "I am a super-hero!" variety. Though really, losing 90 pounds, going from 280 to 190 as you have? That is pretty close to superhero status. IMO.)
mnemosyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:52 PM   #10  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

I'm definitely feeling more deflated and wobbly bits as I lose. But I've never been a looker when naked anyway. I really try to see the stretch marks and wrinkles and wobble as battle scars, and focus more on the fact that I can walk without a cane and without pain and my blood sugar is level and controlled.

But it's hard. I've never really been vain (I've had it drummed into me that fat women can't be pretty for far too long), but I know it's gonna get worse before I'm done. It's a little scary, but at this point I'm clinging to the health aspect and avoiding the aesthetic issues.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:56 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 223/130/126

Height: 5ft 5

I have these issues too.

The way I see it, is that I'd rather be slim and at a healthy weight with a few loose, saggy bits than obese, unhealthy and filled out!

As others have said, not many people have to see us naked. I look reasonably good in clothes now so I don't really worry about it too much.

Last edited by 1987; 03-19-2013 at 06:57 PM.
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:46 PM   #12  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Height: 5'6"

Default re:

I hear you. Boy do I hear you. I'm still annoyed I'll probably still wear one of those swimsuits with a skirt because my thighs are just so ...floppy?

What helps though at these times is to go back and look at all your before pictures. I'd take floppy over any one of those.
Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:57 PM   #13  
Big Miss Sunshine

S/C/G: 280/See Ticker/175

Height: 72.5"

BUT. . . there are so many WAY CUTE skirt type bathing suits now! I can't believe it. Even the catalogs from non-chubby-gal stores (like ll bean and land's end and such) have these darling skirt bathing suits. Maybe people are getting more modest? I don't know but I'd wear this one:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blackswimdress.jpg (3.0 KB, 7 views)
MissKoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:30 PM   #14  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

I get super proud of the squishier areas. My body changing makes it obvious that this is all working! My one friend even at her lowest weight has saggy skin but she is still rocking a 2 piece when exercising:

Someone on here said that it can firm up.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:34 PM   #15  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Hugs
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote