Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 03-14-2013, 10:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 145 / 102 / ?

Height: 5'

Default Walden Farms 0 Calorie Products

I tried the chocolate dip, and it was realllly good. Just tried the caramel dip, and it is inSANEly good!! I haven't had any junk food in a very long time, so I'm sure I like it much more than someone who's had the real stuff, but I do recommend it!!

Reading up on it, although it says 0 calories, it's actually about 2 per serving, or 25-35 per container. I read that in their response to a reader on another board. The law allows anything under 5 calories per serving to be called 0 calorie. But still, even when you figure that in, it's pretty good.
HungryHungryHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:03 AM   #2  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Yea, I also read that tidbit about the 5 cals and under being labeled as 0. Sometimes I have to remind myself to take "0" cal stuff in moderation!

I think I want to try the caramel dip, it sounds good! I also saw the 0 cal cinnamon raisin whipped peanut spread but was scared to try it. Maybe I should just go ahead and do it! I can't have too much fatty food and if this is really good, might be worth the sub. They also have chocolate peanut and regular peanut spreads.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:56 AM   #3  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

Where are ya'll buying it from?
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:48 PM   #4  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMuchFattitude View Post
Where are ya'll buying it from?
It looks like they sell it online, but there's also a store locator on their site (which I can't seem to get to work for me, lol).

http://www.waldenfarms.com/index.html
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:31 PM   #5  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez View Post
I cannot stand any of their stuff. I do that dumb thing where I buy some, try it, it's terrible, toss it, then later read good reviews and do it all over again. ha! It's all just chemical sludge to me. :-/
i agree...I just bought the caramel dip and it's okayish with something and tastes like chemicals by itself...I put it on ice cream LOL kinda defeats the purpose of 0 calorie but I wanted to try it ON something and it wasn't too bad...but still, i'd rather have the calories and the real thing

I also tried their ranch dressing and thought it was just awful but their raspberry vinaigrette was okay

I found all of those at my local fred meyer store
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:34 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 145 / 102 / ?

Height: 5'

I've found it at pretty much every grocery store. Sometimes it's with the produce (as a fruit dip), sometimes with the salad dressing.
HungryHungryHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:48 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Height: 5'8"

My former boss swears by Walden Farms salad dressings.
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:13 AM   #8  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez View Post
I cannot stand any of their stuff. I do that dumb thing where I buy some, try it, it's terrible, toss it, then later read good reviews and do it all over again. ha! It's all just chemical sludge to me. :-/
Ditto...

I thought I was the only one that did this..

In fact I almost did it again the other day with something that they sell that's supposed to be "peanut butter".... it took me about 30 seconds to get a grip and put it back on the shelf... I thought to myself "Really? a zero calorie "peanut butter"? How is that even possible? And I realized it's not...
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:10 PM   #9  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

I'm interested in trying the Alfredo sauce, has anyone had it? I looked at Wal-Mart yesterday and didn't see any.
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:02 PM   #10  
is a persistent thistle

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/133

Height: 5'6"

Yeah, Tripswitch, I've read reviews that the peanut spread is pretty awful though I haven't tried it myself. I have a weakness for the cinnamon raisin peanut spread. I call it my alien food. It is the only Walden Farms product I allow myself because really the idea of it freaks me out.

I did also try the caramel dip. It's fine when you first put it in your mouth but within seconds you're accosted by a chemical nastiness that just no. No.
Thistleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:15 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 152/135/125

I've never heard of this before. That is really scary! Seriously, how could this possibly be NOT harmful to your body. I was curious which chemicals they've mixed together, but I can't find any ingredients on their website.
There can't be anything but chemicals in their products. Even the fruit spread.. if there was a single strawberry in that jar, it would already be more than 5 calories.
Amygdala is offline   Reply With Quote