General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-18-2013, 07:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 226/Ticker/170

Height: 5'10

Default Daily or Weekly Weigh-in?

So I just wanted to know what's everyone prefernece.. a daily weigh-in or a weekly weigh-in.. and why?

Mine..
while I use to be a weekly weigh-in because I know some days i'll be up in weight and some days i'll be down in weight.. so i always just wanted the weekly result.. i read some where it can be better for your weight loss because if you weigh in daily you might get discouraged..

HOWEVER...

I have decided the BEST for me is a daily weigh-in... because lets say I do go up half a pound.. I can look back on yesterday and think what did i do wrong.. most of the time its because I ate a lil to much extra.. or I didn't work out as hard.. so seeing the daily weigh-in helps push myself a little harder so I do not see those up days!!
ajlee33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 228/213.8/150

Height: 5'7

I am kind of sporatic myself.... I will only weigh myself at work because I work in a hospital and know the scales are accurate. That being said, I work 3p-11p so I am the only weirdo who weighs theirself in the afternoon. lol

Some times I will weigh daily, then there will be times when I wait a few days between.. I usually don't last a whole week without weighing in.

I like to see the results, and even if the scale moves up it wouldn't put me in a funk. I just think- work harder, try and make better diet choices if I didnt the previous days.
Skinnygirldreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:27 PM   #3  

Height: 5'8.5"

Daily for me... often both morning and evening. I want to KNOW LOL
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:30 PM   #4  
dirty labour daughter

S/C/G: 318/301/155

Height: 5'10"

I weigh in daily, sometimes more than once a day, but I'm not depressed/bothered by normal fluctuations and I like to see the patterns in my weight loss.
merilung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:38 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 238/205.6/135

Height: 5'6"

I weigh in daily/several times a day, just because I think it's sort of interesting/fun to see how my weight fluctuates based on my exercise/food/water consumption. It doesn't discourage me to see numbers going up and down or make me feel bad or anything like that. I think that as long as I keep a healthy mentality about it, weighing myself frequently is just fine.

That said, I only "count" my Monday morning weigh-in as my official one, though.
Saga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:37 PM   #6  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Daily. Because as a man I get much less water weight. Phew. You won't believe how much easier that is on the psychology of weight loss. If I do twice daily I am about four pounds heavier in the evening due to clothing and drink. Naked in the morning with an empty bladder I am rather lighter and that's the one I pay attention to.

Last edited by IanG; 03-18-2013 at 10:39 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:24 AM   #7  

So far it seems like everyone is daily.. I want to hear some weekly weigh-ins.. like why do you like weekly weigh-ins.. have you ever tried daily?
Old 03-19-2013, 09:24 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saga View Post
I weigh in daily/several times a day, just because I think it's sort of interesting/fun to see how my weight fluctuates based on my exercise/food/water consumption. It doesn't discourage me to see numbers going up and down or make me feel bad or anything like that. I think that as long as I keep a healthy mentality about it, weighing myself frequently is just fine.

That said, I only "count" my Monday morning weigh-in as my official one, though.
I do the exact thing.. i weigh in every day... but I count my wednesday morning weigh-ins on my spreadsheet I made.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:13 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 165/137/120

Height: 4'11''

I weigh in every Wednesday and Sunday. I was weighing myself everyday but then I noticed I was going insane if I went up half a pound. Every couple days works better for me since I have more time for my weight to go down, etc. I will however, weigh myself if I feel like I'm gaining weight or just feel "heavier". It helps me keep it in perspective.
celigirl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:38 PM   #10  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
I was weighing myself everyday but then I noticed I was going insane if I went up half a pound.
Just found out what you mean! I jumped one pound on the scale today. Aargh. My stupid daily weigh ins!
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote