South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 05:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Monday 3/18 Beach Chat

Good morning did not get a chance to post yesterday. Busy couple if days to say the least. Survived another crazy St. Paddy's weekend. Only 10 more to go until retirement lol.

Not much planned other than trying to stay OP. Was really hoping to get some outside work done on Thursday. However more snow is expected tonight and Wednesday. Grumble grumble

Wishing you all a great Monday.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:20 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Jekel. Glad you survived St. P. Day again. Our village was quiet but Elgin, the next town was in lockdown Saturday night. No idea what went on but will probably find out today when I go there for gym and then for coffee in their restaurant.

Donna was here for an Irish dinner last night and I seem to have put on over three pounds overnight from the corned beef! Sure was good though. Too bad there was lots left because it sure doesn't fit into my eating plan these days. I may freeze it for later on.

After gym and coffee I absolutely MUST get my financial report ready for the Mill Board meeting this afternoon. If I had a colour cartridge, I'd print it off in red ink to get their attention. It will not be a pleasant meeting as the renovation of the Town Hall is not going well. The kitchen and washrooms are done but the big hall is not started. It has a beautiful pressed tin ceiling that has to be restored, not a job to do in a weekend. Paul, our curator, is blazing mad.

This is the week I was going to get my snow tires removed but more snow is on the way. Enough already! I did spot a robin the other day but there is still lots of snow. My neighbour Rachel has two girls from Columbia visiting for 6 weeks. They have never seen snow and are absolutely astonished. I hope we get enough this week for them to go tobogganing.

On we go with the second last week of March. Spring must come here soon, right?
Old 03-18-2013, 06:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Monday morning, Jennifer and Ruth! Mind if I join you two with my coffee?

Jennifer, I'm glad you survived your crazy St. Patrick's Day weekend. We spent most of yesterday at an Irish pub, and although it was fun, it was so noisy and crazy! Have yourself a nice, quiet day today, and I hope you only get enough snow to make it pretty.

Ruth, it sounds like you're going to have quite a bit of snow up there for a while. I have to admit that I've never even tasted corned beef, but everyone was sure scarfing it up yesterday at the pub. I hope you make progress on that financial report and the mill construction workers get on the ball.

I was expecting to see it snowing this morning but it seems to have missed us. Just as well, since I have to leave shortly to give Jake a ride over to the train station. It's only a few blocks away, but he refuses to walk. Then I have to pick up Dad and run a few errands with him before heading off to the farm. I have tons of phone calls to take of and lots of thank you cards to write, but thank goodness I can squeeze some of it in during the day.

My coffee is gone already. Anyone need a refill while I'm up?
Old 03-18-2013, 07:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! You sound chipper for a Monday morning. Thanks for starting us off Jekel - glad you survived your green weekend!

Ruth - I love hearing your stories about all the different personalities in your town. I also considered making a corned beef, but we learned we just don't like it that much - so passed it up this year. It is quite salty, I'm not surprised the scale yelled at you this AM!

Cottage - sounds like you have a busy day to keep you out of trouble!! My coffee is low - do you mind topping mine off?

It was a pleasant weekend, and back to work today. However, we have a good snow storm coming, and the kids don't have school. I arranged for a friend to watch them so I can work and they won't play DSi for 4-6 hours. It's supposed to turn to ice this afternoon - hope I still get to see YankeeintheSouth tonight!! She's still beachin' it so, I think I'll make some yummy beachy food. (too bad I made the cauli cass last week - that's a favorite!)

Have a great day! Maybe I'll get to play in the snow later!
Old 03-18-2013, 08:17 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Quick fly-by because it's Monday morning and even though I was up at 5:30 I just cannot get it together

Ruth - I had an appt. Wed. morning for the tire exchange but I guess I should wait

Looks like I will have plenty of time to catch-up tomorrow morning.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:18 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Today I work out with my mom but our trainer is on vacation so we are trying out one of the new guys she hired. Poor guy doesn't know what he's in for with all our various "issues" that we have to work around. Gas and groceries must be bought today.

Is it just here and me or does this winter seem to be lasting longer than usual? I hope the snow is over before DH and I make our long drive to PA next week. No snow here but much below average temps still all week predicted.

Have a great day.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:35 AM   #7  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning everyone! Once again we've been cheated out of a snowstorm, at least so far. They PROMISED we'd "wake up to snow tomorrow!" and maybe there was some at 6, but when I got up at 8:30, it was just rain. (With apologies to those who live in places where the snow has been incessant.)

Even though this is my week off, I have work to do -- one piece to write, and three to edit. And yes, Karen, the winter IS lasting longer than usual! (even without snow)
Old 03-18-2013, 09:45 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!
Posting from work.... Food has been on plan and I'm pretty motivated since I bought the dress for the summer wedding yesterday.
Have a great Monday everyone!
Old 03-18-2013, 09:57 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Quick fly by for me got to run to a meeting in 3 minutes. Had a good weekend, braved the cold to watch the St. Patrick's day parade on Saturday.

I am tired of this crazy weather, Friday 60 degrees, Saturday and Sunday in the 30's all this week no high creater than 40 degrees. I want Spring lol

Have a great day everyone.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:23 AM   #10  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

Debbie, I just looked at your stats! Wow! You're just four pounds from your goal. That's fantastic.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:44 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Evening chicks work was uneventful which was great. Debbie so excited you found a dress already!!!! TwynnB love the new profile pic! Linda try not to over due it today. Xan I would gladly send you our snow! Another 3-6" coming overnight only phases me because my train leaves at 5 am. Who wants to deal with snow at that hour. I refuse to wear my heavy winter coat anymore lol

I cannot wait to get my Jammies on. Bedtime is becoming my favorite part of the day lately. Come on spring!!!!
Old 03-18-2013, 10:19 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 155/149/130

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone!!! We are having terrible storms here in the south with rain and strong thunderstorms and wind. We will take some of your snow!

I am so excited about how much better I feel. Slowly eating more carbs. I have enjoyed an occasional glass of red wine. i am close to my weight amount where I do not budge. I have teetered between 148 and 146 for a few years. It is a plateau that I struggle to break. I have not started exercising so hopefully that will make the difference.
goodnight ladies
Ashley
Old 03-18-2013, 11:32 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Evening, everybody. Just a quick flyby. Things have been hectic around here lately to say the least. Hope everybody is doing well.
Closed Thread