Old 03-05-2013, 10:27 AM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Smile Thursday Chatters Blowing Away Pounds

Hi all,

Okay a corny title to the thread, I know.

If new here, we are a fun group who give encouragement and friendship on our weight loss journey.

I'm still recovering from the cyst removal. I called the nurse to see when I could resume exercising.....not until all symptoms are gone.
Now I'm itchy and the stitches are pulling. It is so small to cause so much discomfort!

Susan, how is your health?

Jeanne, so sorry about Bob's grandmother.

Tammy, I guess you will be packing up soon. keep losing those pounds!!!!!

Maureen, did you go out and celebrate selling your condo? You keep up your exercising!!!
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:35 PM   #2  

Love the title!! I came on here to start a new thread. Great minds think alike.

Tina, sorry about your itching! I know after my surgery, I kept wanting to scratch. I won't start packing for a couple weeks yet. Leave 3 weeks from this Thursday.

Went to an Italian restaurant for lunch. Splurged on lasagna and breadstick. Eating half for dinner, so I thought that was pretty good. Went to an outlet mall & did lots of walking while I was there. Very few stores, so I had to walk alot to get to the next store. lol
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:45 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

good morning all

hope everyone's good - I managed to get in between 30-35 minutes of a Richard Simmons' dvd of cardio and toning last night after work. I'm going to do it again tonight - I'm so uncoordinated!! but I guess if we just keep moving we're dong some good -

I'm really trying hard to watch what I'm eating - like I said I think I have to get the fat out of my head first

well let's all have a great day on program we deserve it

maureen
maureen kempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:19 PM   #4  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
We all seem to be so busy lately. .
I have really been drinking all my water lately. I will weigh tomorrow. I hope this has helped.

Anyone have weekend plans? Remember that it is Daylight Savings Time!

Last edited by Tina; 03-07-2013 at 10:20 PM.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:46 AM   #5  

good morning
It's funny Tina, I never seem to have any problems drinking my water - I have a water bottle that holds 4 cups and I usually have 2 finished before noon - the problem is I don't have any problem eating either!!!!

no plans for the weekend- I had to get an extra key for my car because I think I threw my extra one out in an old purse!! it's going to cost about $130. they have to program it!!!! So I'll be at the dealership early and then go have breakfast with a brother and his wife. I'm also going bowling after work with a group from the office - just a fun get together - it should be fun - will try and get lots of pictures - I haven't bowled in years - this is 5 pin not the big balls(10 pin)

I'll let you know if I survive!!LOL

have a great day
Old 03-08-2013, 10:19 AM   #6  
Thursday Lady

Bowling! Wow, it's been forever since I did that.
Good luck, Maureen.
Replacing keys can really cost. And spending time at a dealership is really a drag.

Group, have a great Friday!

Last edited by Tina; 03-08-2013 at 10:20 AM.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:51 PM   #7  

I don't have any plans for the weekend either. It is supposed to be nice, so I'm sure Maurice and I will be out walking. My weight loss has stalled for now. Still watching what I eat, drinking the water, walking, tracking what I eat and drink.

Wow to the cost of that car key! I better be careful.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:17 AM   #8  

Well, I went bowling on friday evening we played 2 games - my thighs are still sore but it really was fun - everyone was dressed weirdly - it was black light- and it was just a good laugh-I really do work with a nice bunch-
I've got a concoction in my slow cooker - can of mixed beans, diced tomatoes, mushrooms and a bag of mixed veggies some spices. This will probably be my supper and lunch for the week!!!
Today I'll go see my mom - and really try to get in a half hour workout and stick to program - it's starting to get milder so maybe some of the snow will melt-
I heard yesterday that my husband's sister's in an induced coma-she apparently got double pneumonia and her heart started beating way too fast-hope she'll be okay
That's my next project - I have to start and get a divorce- I don't know if I told you - but when I sold my condo in Alberta - because I'm still legally married even though we've been living apart for 7 years- I had to have Geoff sign a consent form allowing me to sell the place - his name's not on any of my accounts or was it on the mortgage! so that is probably the shove I needed to get started on it.

let's all have a great day we deserve it

Last edited by maureen kempster; 03-10-2013 at 09:19 AM.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:46 PM   #9  

Glad you had fun bowling! I haven't bowled in years. What you have in the slow cooker sounds like something that I would do. Sounds good. You know, I don't think I even thought about you still being married. I hope his sister will be ok.

Maurice and I took a walk for 1 1/2 hours today. One of us had to carry the other one though. lol He was doing great, then he just sat down. He has toned up while we have been here. He looks good!

Rain is supposed to start later tonight and be here all day tomorrow. I may go to the mall and walk or get out one of the dvds I brought along. (finally!)
Old 03-14-2013, 10:30 PM   #10  
Thursday Lady

Hi,
How is everyone?
Maureen, that is so strange about Geoff having to sign a form. Glad you had fun bowling. It did look like a fun group.
Tammy, it's almost time to go home. I know you've had fun.

I have a pattern and fabric for an Easter jacket. I don't know if I have it in me to make it. I used to sew all the time. Now, it's too much trouble. But I cannot find much I like at stores.

Have a good Friday!!!
Old 03-15-2013, 06:40 AM   #11  

good morning all

Tina, I bought a sewing machine in the summer and it's still in the box!! I used to sew for my sons when they were small - sweats, shorts etc but haven't sewn in ages - my brother's bringing me over a table that I'll be able to use in my spare room and hopefully I can start a few things. I did manage to find an afghan pattern that I've started.
Well, I've decided that I want to aim to work part time by next year!! that's my goal so I've put myself on a budget because I want to have my line of credit(it's really not that much) and my car paid off. As of April 1 I'm starting to take the bus to work again - I've gotten lazy the last few months and started taking my car to work - parking downtown is $95 a month - now this is cheap for downtown! plus the extra gas that I use by taking it every day - because I'm 65 my bus pass is only $35 - so right there it's a huge savings. Also with the nice weather coming I'll be able to walk at least part way home - if I decided to walk the whole way it's 5 miles and according to google would take 1.5 hrs!!

So that's my plan!!
Well, let's all have a great day we deserve it

Maureen
Old 03-15-2013, 09:23 PM   #12  

I made an apron and a nightgown, but that is the extent of my sewing experience. Both of my sisters-in-law sew, and they have made beautiful things.

Maureen, that is great about the savings by taking the bus.

I have started going through a few things that I have collected while I have been here (brochures, magazines, newspapers), and I have gotten rid of most of it. I have started packing a few things that I don't think I'll be needing in the next couple of weeks. I know that I could pack up quite a few things in one of the suitcases, but when Maurice sees a suitcase open, he gets nervous. He thinks I'll be leaving him. I'll just wait for that.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:17 AM   #13  

Tammy, there's a few perks for getting old & I take them if I can!!!lol
have a great day ladies we deserve it
Old 03-16-2013, 03:27 PM   #14  

Agree Maureen!

Maurice and I just returned from a nice walk. It has been a beautiful day. I had to go buy batteries for my scales. Yesterday when I got on, I had lost 5 pounds. Stepped on again, gained 5. Again, lost 7. lol Today after putting in the new batteries, I was down another pound. I got back on two more times to make sure.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:14 PM   #15  

Happy St. Patrick's Day!