Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Old 03-12-2013, 03:39 PM   #1  
Rachel

S/C/G: 295ish/278.4/145

Height: 5'5"

Talking Can I just say how great I feel?

I've been transitioning to a clean-eating lifestyle over the last few weeks, and already I feel so great! I have so much more energy, and I'm not suffering from the mood swings that artificial sweeteners gave me. I don't crave junky food nearly as much as I did before, and I really look forward to buying, preparing and eating my healthier foods. Anyone else loving clean-eating?
Keep Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:04 PM   #2  
love machine!

S/C/G: 167/130.2/120

Height: 5'6"

I transitioned over 5 months ago (wow!!) and I feel so good. I don't have grease cravings, or salt cravings. No chocolate cravings, no chips. The way I've explained it to people in the past is that... you don't ever get that FULL feeling you do from over-eating crap. It's that kind of painful, bloated feeling. But at the same time, I don't get NEARLY as hungry/cravey. Anyone experienced this? It kind of like taking the two extremes and drawing both feelings (hunger and fullness) into the middle.
There is also a mental/emotional side of it. Beyond not putting tons of toxins into your body and starving it of the nutrients it needs (which is why we crave crap anyway-- misinterpreting the signals for nutrition), I just feel so proud of myself when I eat natural and unprocessed foods. And I feel EXTRA proud when it's raw food!
om namah shivaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 145/144/98

Height: 5'1''

Thanks for sharing!

This is extra motivating for me because I am finding it hard to stop eating crap...
Tinnykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:05 PM   #4  
Rachel

Om Namah: I have noticed that I don't get that awful, bloaty fullness from eating good, whole foods. I just feel satisfied, which is like a whole new thing for me.

Tinnykins: Unfortunately, my hormones can still make me crave chocolate, especially in the form of brownies. But most of the time, the crappy foods aren't really all that appealing. I think it's mostly because, mentally, I want healthier foods now. It's fun for me to find recipes that are healthier, cleaner versions of my favorite foods and it helps keep me motivated to eat healthier & cleaner.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:42 PM   #5  
Just watch me ...

Yup, it's pretty amazing what a difference clean eating makes. It's as if the body wants to be balanced and free from cravings. Eating clean foods lets the body go into its natural healthy state. I think that, with time, even the chocolate cravings decrease substantially - especially if you eat fruits and veggies (esp leafy greens, mushrooms and onions) every day.
Exhale15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:51 PM   #6  
Rachel

I'm more and more convinced every day that everything our bodies need to stay healthy and prevent disease can be found in nature. Don't know why this never occurred to me until now, but before now I also never realized how many chemicals I was eating, so there ya go. New mindset brings new revelations.