South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 07:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default Weekend on the Beach 3/16-17

Good morning sleepy heads! I see Ruth is in here, maybe we'll cross post!

I was disappointed that I could've slept later, and of course....I didn't. I'm off to a full day of work, then watching a friend's kids tonight so they can have a parent's night out. Sounds horribly exciting right?!?!

Until it gets going, I'm enjoying a cup of coffee and a chatty little girl with me .
Old 03-16-2013, 08:09 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning!

I'm disappointed that I could have gotten up earlier and slept in. lol We had a nice mini vaca now back to reality. I have to be out the door in 7 minutes...time to chug my smoothie and get going.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 03-16-2013, 08:14 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Wow, flying start. Yes, I was here earlier but got distracted by my gardening website. Nice to see folks up and about.

Looks like Spring has retreated for a while. It was a horribly cold and snowy day yesterday. I decided not to go to town and it probably was wise as driving was bad. There was a huge accident on the 401 involving four huge trucks and about 20 cars. Lots of injuries. If anyone had needed emergency service in Delta yesterday, they'd have had quite a wait as they were all down on the 401. I was glad I stayed home.

Today is a beautiful sunny day but the temperature is only 15ºF and will not go above freezing until Tuesday. There are also rumours circulating about a big dump of snow on Monday- 40 cm or 15". Let's hope they are lying.

I am off to The Vineyard this morning - sounds good doesn't it? However, it's a new wine making place in Smiths Falls that's having an Open House. I may get some of my big shopping stuff done while I'm there although Wally world on Saturday is not my place - not my favourite shopping place any day but shopping is very limited here in the boonies. I may have to force myself because next week looks pretty busy. I've got to talk to my Admin Assistant about overbooking me!

Have a fun Saturday!
Old 03-16-2013, 08:25 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning. I have a crowd sitting around my kitchen table so I'll get back to chat later.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:15 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. Our little taste of Spring has quickly left I work both afternoons this weekend. DH is back to the basketball tournament yet again tonight so I'm really making a dent in my reading. Not much else going on.

Have a great weekend.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:24 AM   #6  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning! It's rainy and sullen here, too. Today is my first day of spring break. I have 9 days off!!! Much to do with nonschool projects, but still, 9 days without an alarm clock.

The board is quite slow. I'm going to start a restarters thread.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 03-16-2013, 09:36 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Cold, a little snow, windy but I slept in so all is well with my world.

Ruth - gardening website? I'm addicted to Grow Food, Not Lawns and keep finding new projects there. the latest is cold frames that tuck up to the house. Now I just need to find some time! A winery sounds lovely, could use one of those on my agenda.

Cottage

Twynn - I don't think my DD was ever a morning person. Enjoy your exciting day

Debbie - Hope it's a good post vacation day

Karen - any good books?

Xan - 9 days sounds like heaven!

Today is a slow, relaxing day. I'll plan my menu for the next few, do some seed planting, and maybe a little decluttering. Other than that nothing on the agenda. Maybe I'll take a peek at the scale and see if there's progress. Slowly, very slowly but steadily making my way back to good habits.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:38 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyndiM View Post
Karen - any good books?
The two best ones have been Ghostman, by Roger Hobbs, and Jodi Picoult's latest, The Storyteller.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:08 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good afternoon spring checks. I was up and out by 5:30 for a 6:00 start at work. I must be getting old because I have no tolerance for young, obnoxious rebel rousers so early in the morning. Their return trip will only be worse after fueling themselves with alcohol all day. I feel for the families that just want to go to the parade.

Breakfast was OP lunch somewhat. Egg drop soup and garlic chicken (no rice). CyndiM I made the taco pizza so yummy. Ditched the corn for zucchini and yellow squash. Also, made a spicy Thai peanut sauce. Tossed in with spaghetti squash, zucchini and shrimp. Not being too successful with water today. Bathroom time is limited and have to share one with my male counterparts.

Ok back to the beat
Old 03-17-2013, 07:12 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

HAPPY ST. PADDY'S DAY!

Jake and I are going over to New Jersey to spend the day. My GD, Carley, has two Irish dance performances at a popular Irish restaurant near them. I remember last year it was 74* and we sat at a table on the patio, but that sure won't be the case this year. It's barely supposed to get in the 30s!

I must get going, though, since I want to spend a little time with Dad this morning before we leave.

Have a good day, and beware of the Leprechauns!
Old 03-17-2013, 07:44 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

:luck:Top o' the mornin' to yez!:luck:

The corned beef is about to go into the crock pot. I soaked some of the salt out of it overnight but will still be whining about water weight tomorrow. Donna and her GD Grace are coming for dinner and I may send the leftovers home with them.

Yesterday did not go as planned because I got involved in tracking down an accounting bug. (I'm like a beagle with financial anomalies.) Found it but it was too late in the day to drive to town. I'll pull up my socks, turn off the calculator and just do it today. It's a beautiful cold but sunny day although three days of snow are coming.

May those who love us, love us;
And for those who don't love us,
May God turn their hearts;
And if He doesn't turn their hearts,
May He turn their ankles,
So we will know them by their limping!
Old 03-17-2013, 07:52 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Have a great day, Linda! Irish dance performances sound wonderful!

everyone!

I've been up taking care of business stuff since I won't have internet once ski traffic starts. Kirk just came back from his shop so I'm headed down for coffee.

Cyndi, I've been loving the growfoodnotlawn pics. I'd really like to create something in my front yard.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-17-2013, 08:16 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! Ruth, you made me chuckle with the poem!

Linda, you reminded me I would LOVE to get my DD into irish step. Our friend's daughter does it. Couldn't you see my tall skinny red head doing that?!?!? (she wears a women's size 6 shoe at 8 years old...good Lord...)

Debbie, thanks for the reminder on that website. I was babysitting last night, and she had cute little starter plants going . I need to do that this year!

So I was up past midnight babysitting, and I am soooo tired today! (hey, but I did sleep until 8!!) I get to plan out the week's menu, church, and if I'm lucky a nap . I'm quite excited too that yankeeinthesouth called me yesterday, her family will have supper with me tomorrow night! Mmmm...I'll have to ask her if she eats greens, living in the south .

Have a great day, y'all!
Old 03-17-2013, 09:44 AM   #14  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning! Happy St. Patrick's day AND Rudolf Nureyev's birthday

I'm going back to Phase I today. I'm psyched for it. One thing I did get from Weight Watchers is to think of this as the way I'm supposed to eat, and will for the rest of my life, not a "diet."

I spent a bit of yesterday looking back at my last "failures" and remembered that around New Year's in 2009, I was dealing with cancer, major surgery, and my mother's final illness. Those took up the first six months of that year, and I think I'm just coming out of it. I know I lost a lot of strength and stamina after the surgery. I've been very, very tired. About two weeks ago, I began to feel more energy, and that's when the "GET this weight off now!" thoughts came to the fore. So I think I'm ready. Today is cooking, and taxes!

Linda, I'd love to see the step dancing. I hope you enjoy it -- and that everyone has a good day.
Closed Thread