PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 03-15-2013, 10:05 AM   #1  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Article: Glucose Control Put in Double Jeopardy by PCOS

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/257614.php

For those of us with PCOS, we not only may have insulin resistance, but the non-insulin ways our bodies convert food into energy ALSO may be impaired.

No wonder it's so blasted difficult to keep blood glucose low, and to lose weight, when you have PCOS.

That being said, it IS do-able! It's just hard... much harder than it should be. And slow....
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'5''

Explains why coffee, meat, and dairy put fat on me despite being low-carb and low-calorie! Coffee was like eating a cake... my face would look chubbier the next day.

Last edited by Michelle125; 03-19-2013 at 12:21 PM.
Michelle125 is offline   Reply With Quote