Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-15-2013, 04:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/ticker/133

Height: 5'5"

Angry Darn Impatience!

After getting my weight right down to around 133lbs almost 2 years ago I've put back on most of what I lost.

I think the reason for this is because I lost all the weight by crash dieting (taking my calories down to between 1000 and 1200). I've been through this pattern of loss and gain (as many people have) for a fair few years now (since I was about 13), repeatedly crashing my metabolism and gaining as soon as I slip a bit and start binging again.

This time, I'm determined to lose the weight SLOWLY - about 0.5 - 1lbs per week on far more calories than I have ever tried before.

However, I'm only about 2 weeks in and, although my weight is coming down (probably some water weight in there too), I'm just so daunted at how long it's going to take to get back down to a weight that I am happy with!

I'm so used to the idea of losing in the region of 2lbs a week...but it's different this time. I've recovered my metabolism from years of abuse so I'm starting from fresh. There's no way I want to go back to being stuck again like I was, barely able to eat anything without gaining weight.

So...I reckon it's going to take me at least a year to get the next 24lbs off...and that's if I don't really have any major setbacks. Just feels like SUCH a long time.

Sorry for such a long rant, just feel like this is a good place to get some encouragement and support really!

Any thoughts?
jynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:19 AM   #2  
Updating my software ;)

S/C/G: KGs: 82 / ?? / 55

Height: 5ft

Good on you for turning over a new leaf! Your new weight loss program is a great way to go!
When it comes to impatience, I know exactly how you feel! I don't like the thought of weight loss taking ages, but if it keeps the weight off and is healthy in the long run then it must be a good thing

Keep with it and enjoy watching the weight come off
Rhiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 335/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7 -171ish cm

I wouldn't call 1200 calories crash dieting. I've done 1200 my whole diet and I have periods where I am lower than that (for medical reasons of course) and I then go on maitenance for months at a time when I'm too wrapped up in other things and I do not regain on maitenance due to having been on 1200 calories, I actually tend to lose a little on maitenance just from being more active in the things Ive gotten wrapped up in. But that being said you have to do whats right for your body and if you feel your calories are so low thatll youll crash and burn and start eating past your maitenance calories and gaining again, definetly stick with losing on more calories, not everyone can do 1200. We're not all made the same
CherryQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote