Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 03-14-2013, 06:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 153/146/115 (HW of 198)

Height: 5'2

Default Taking measurements

Ok, tell me the truth

who "sucks in" when taking their measurements?

Obvs you can't with your thighs and arms etc...but stomach, I always do! Is that cheating? Should I not? I feel like I'm not even really sucking in as much as I really am...standing up straight?

Its such a difference! but in terms of health waist/height ratios...am i fooling myself?
Bex1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 228/213.8/150

Height: 5'7

I definitely stand up straight lol. But I try to remind myself to not "suck in" I do make sure that I'm not totally relaxed though lol.

I haven't measured myself in 2 months, but my trainer was suggesting on monday that we do it soon... I'm not ready. I may have lost 11 lbs so far, but I don't know that I've lost any inches. my pants are a little more loose... so probably. We shall see!
Skinnygirldreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 246/246/135

Height: 5'6

I don't suck it in but I do tense my stomach muscles a bit, not a whole lot, and make sure my posture is good. But I do walk around most of the day like that. I also measure about mid exhalation.
Daki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:12 PM   #4  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

I stand up straight but I don't suck in or tighten up any of my muscles because I try to be as real and honest with myself as possible so I really know where I am at!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:06 AM   #5  
L J

S/C/G: 159/138/135 (HW 200)

Height: 5'4"

I am way more addicted to my measuring tape than I am the scale. I always try to stand exactly the same way when I measure. I relax my belly but neither suck it in or stick it out. I think as long as you do it the same way every time you are good to go!
I lose pounds so very slowly, I LOVE taking measurements - they show success so much faster!
L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:53 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 169.75/125/125

Height: 5'2.75"

I'm another one who stands up straight but doesn't suck it in. No point in lying to myself about my measurements, especially as I use them to buy vintage clothes! It's no good if I've taken inaccurate measurements & then use them to buy clothing that I can't get into or sit down/eat/breath in!
d130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:00 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

I don't suck it in... but then again I'm not sure I'm measuring correctly at all.
For example:

Hips: Where do you measure?
Waist: this is the smallest part of me, but right below where I measure is my pooch - should I be measuring the pooch?
Thigh: Which part of the thigh?
Chest: bra or no bra? Under boobs of over nipple?

Totatlly confused!
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:09 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 96/83.2/75

Height: 5'7"/170cm

I don't suck in either. In fact when I'm doing my thighs and calves I'll measure in a couple places and I use the largest number.

Wannabeskinny- I don't know what is proper but for my 'hips' I measure both around my bum and at my hip bones. As for my stomach I measure where I'm my smallest, right under the ribs and around my belly button. As for the chest, I found for me there really isn't a difference if I've got a bra on or not, I usually measure with one on right over the nipples.

Last edited by Changergirl; 03-17-2013 at 02:11 AM.
Changergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:32 AM   #9  
Restart 11/2012 at 153lbs

S/C/G: Hw194/Sw160/Cw120/gw125

Height: 5'2" on the dot!

I stand straight even though I am guilty of being a sloucher, started when I got big boobs in hs. They r so small now, I feel like I have to stand straight for them to be noticeable. I love measuring because I have this fantasy that my waist will magically become 10-11 inches smaller than my hips and cheat. I think 9 inches is all I am going to get.
chubbiegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:34 PM   #10  
L J

S/C/G: 159/138/135 (HW 200)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeskinny View Post
I don't suck it in... but then again I'm not sure I'm measuring correctly at all.
For example:

Hips: Where do you measure?
Waist: this is the smallest part of me, but right below where I measure is my pooch - should I be measuring the pooch?
Thigh: Which part of the thigh?
Chest: bra or no bra? Under boobs of over nipple?

Totatlly confused!
I measure:

Neck
Upper arm
Forearm
Bust to me = bra band size, so where the band sits
Waist = natural waist
Belly = biggest part, across my belly button
Hips = under my belly, across the top of my butt and the widest part of my upper thighs
Upper thigh, largest part
Calf, the largest part

I have freckles that I use as my guide to measure my upper arm, forearm and thigh in the same place every time. Lol.

I take so many different measurements because seeing the loss in inches is what really keeps me motivated. I was absolutely blown away to see that I lost 1.25 inches off my NECK in a month! When I initially too my neck measurement I kind of rolled my eyes, thinking, "My neck isn't fat..." Ha! I had no idea!

I keep mine in a simple Note on my iPhone, since I couldn't find a tracker or App that allowed me to enter so many different measurements.
L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:49 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 335/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7 -171ish cm

My bust is across my nipples, my band size is well my band. waist is smallest part of my trunk and belly is at belly button, hips are across widest part of my butt which is pretty much same as hip bones I guess. Thighs -upper like near your girl parts (or boy parts if youre a boy), calf the largest part. I usually dont do official measurements until every 5-10lbs XD
CherryQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:44 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Hey thanks for the help, I guess we should all take measurements at our widest plumpiest parts right? The parts we want to shrink hehe!
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:52 PM   #13  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

I don't suck it in, but I fully exhale
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote