Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 11:43 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#423

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

We chat on Wednesday and Sunday at 8:30 EST, 7:30 CST.

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.
Old 10-07-2003, 11:45 PM   #2  
Michigan Old-Timer

Evening all! Sorry I haven't been here all day. I went to the eye Dr. and she dialated my eyes and I haven't been able to read since. I can barely make out the screen now, so I hope there aren't many typos in this post.

I hope I'll be able to see better in the morning. I'm going to bed.
Old 10-08-2003, 12:27 AM   #3  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Oh someone kick me! I had a nice post all done with replies and didn't do a copy before hitting back to look at the last thread. I know better, and you all know what happened!

Ummm... quick recreation...

Tina, way to get back into the 200's!

Congratulations to Thin, Joanne and J-ann!

Barb, I am so sorry about the car accident, and really happy your DH is ok! Sounds like you have a good attitude about the whole thing, especially in not letting it spoil your upcoming cruise.

2cute, you are the garage/yard sale queen! I'm glad you did well, and I hope it cleared out a whole ton more of your stuff. Sounds like you are having fun planning the spring meet. I was telling DH about it, and he said we should meet in Vegas the next time. Of course, all those buffets might not be such a good idea...

Terri, I still can't remember what it feels like to climb a flight of stairs without huffing and puffing. Thanks for the reminder. It gives me another milestone to look forward to.

I know I've missed a ton of people, but I just can't keep my eyes open to write another word. See you tomorrow!

Andria
Old 10-08-2003, 01:28 AM   #4  
Dancing those pounds away

Arrow

Hi ladies... sorry I was MIA this evening... I had to watch the Chicago Cubs play. You notice I said "play".. not win.

My dad was born and raised in Chicago. In fact I was born there too.
He was always a diehard fan. He always stood behind his Cubbies .
He watched faithfully. He even got cable tv just to watch them.
He waited his ENTIRE life to see them win a World Series.
Their success is like a two sided sword for our family.
We are happy they did so well this year... but very sad that dad is missing it.

I don't know if you watched the Cubs tonight but it was quite a game... that ended tragicly.
It started off great... 4-0 Cubs in the first inning.
But then the tide turned and the score was 4-6 Florida.
The Cubs tied it up... 6-6.
Next the Marlins took the lead 8-6.
Some guy got on base for the Cubs and good ole Sammy Sosa hit his first homerun for the post season. Tied game again in the bottom of the 9th. We went into extra innings.
Next inning some guy on the Marlins hit a single run homer.
Cubs came up for last bats... 3 up... 3 down.
Game ended 8-9 Marlins.
Tomorrow night is game 2.
Cross your fingers and toes in honor of my dad if you would.
Oh.. by the way.... The Marlins pitcher Tuesday night is from my home town.... Broken Arrow, OK His name is Brad Penny.
I am going to be very torned... cheering against a local.

Joanne... I see you are a Red Sox's fan.
I wish you luck.

Also... as long as I am talking sports... Please cheer for my beloved Oklahoma Sooners. They play at 2:30 against their NUMBER 1 rival.... TEXAS. We have won the last 3 years.... I sure hope we make it 4.

Andria... I have done pretty darn good on my garage sales.
But still have tons left. Luckily I can leave it set up in the garage to do again ... one more time. We need to clean out the attic now.

I have one major problem though... I keep going to garage sales too.
I find such great buys that I just can't pass up. LOL
My husband can't wait until garage sale season is over. Both selling and buying. LOL

And yes... I am enjoying the anticipation of our Spring Fling.
Well... most days. LOL When I am pigging out... I dread it.
I must admit... if I had not committed to this gathering... I may have disappeared out of shame for still being FAT. My food is not going well. Add that to the fact when I quit doing my water aerobics I started gaining inches back too. I am pretty down on myself right now... but I am working on that "POSITVE ATTITUDE" that is necessary for SUCCESS.
I miss that skinnier gal I was starting to get to know.
I pray you will all love me... FAT or less fat.
I know I love all of you unconditionally.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 10-08-2003 at 01:41 AM.
Old 10-08-2003, 07:51 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good morning!

Just wanted to jump back in here with a quick post; lest you all forget me! I'm trying to do better about posting.

I've been up and done my morning exercises. While its no fun at 5:30, my body sure does feel better with a few toning and stretching moves.

I've had two really good food days to make up for the weekend and I've been really working at getting in more exercise throughout the day. We had discipleship class last night so I didn't get as much as I had planned and have church class tonight. My plan is to get home early enough for some time on the spinner before class and then walk the dog afterwards. I have walked him both mornings as well this week but since he's upstairs snoring right now, I think we'll be passing this A.M.

Do we know what weekend in the Spring for the get together at 2Cutes? I want to get it on the calendar and get saving.

Congrats, Tina and J-Ann and if there was anyone else I'm missing! Good job ladies!

I've got to get moving and finish paying a couple of bills and get my butt out the door. I'm in class all day at work for required supervisor training on legal issues.

Have a great day and be strong!
Old 10-08-2003, 09:45 AM   #6  
BELIEVE!

Good Morning Ladies!
Here I am again, just stopping in for a second to say Hello and check on everyone! I am up to my ears in craziness right now - there just aren't enough hours in the day.

I will try sometime later today to catch up with everyone!

Barb

P.S. I am getting my first manicure/pedicure today!
Old 10-08-2003, 09:52 AM   #7  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Mornin',

Still OP and the scale this AM showed a big Woosh!!! I'm not saying how much cause I know the scale at home and the one at WW can vary 3-9 lbs. Now if it'll just STAY wooshed until next Monday I'll be joining ......

TINA IN TWOTERVILLE!

TINA: I am so PROUD of you. You go girl.

JOANNE: Onward and downward. You and Tina and I are pretty close in wgt. WE CAN ALL DO THIS AND DO IT WELL!

2cute: Don't you dare get down on yourself. Smile, and be proud of the lovely woman you are and proud that you have a goal that you are doing your best to accomplish. Of course we all love you!

Gotta get to work.
to everyone.
Old 10-08-2003, 11:46 AM   #8  
Progress..not perfection

Wink Good morning chickies!

Well, my son lost his game last night. The team he went up against was undefeated and they have already beaten them once, so we weren't hopful. Of course, I'm sure it didn't help that three of their boys were OVER the age limit (this is 9-10 year old league) and they were 11 AND they had two runners over 120 lbs. that were carrying the ball, which is against league rules. Even though we lost, I am VERY happy to report that one of the big boys.... #33, that everyone seemed to be intimidated by.....guess who took him down?! You got it! MY BOY. As a matter of a fact, not only did he take him down..... but he laid him out!! The crowd went wild.... it was pretty dang cool!

It rained like crazy half the game though and we got soaked, but that's ok..... I was there when it counted and Trey took the loss well, especially when the coach came up to him after the game and told him that even though they lost, that Trey was his one bright spot in the game. I liked that.

So..... onto replies:

Thin: Wow.... you actually type better with your eyes dialated. No typos at all. *running because she knows Thin is about to throw a shoe at her* Sorry lady... I just had to. What did you go to the eye Dr. for anyways?

Andria: Don't you hate it when that happens? I have lost way TOO many posts to the post fairy and know better than to not copy and paste... no way.

2cute: Yeah.... yeah. We watched the Cubs to the other night.....WHEN THEY BEAT OUR ATLANTA BRAVES! I have to say the game sounded like a nail biter last night..... of course, I was at a game of my own, so I missed it. I will be sure to tune in tonight though. Also.... on this subject:
Quote:
I pray you will all love me... FAT or less fat.
First of all.... don't be silly. YOU KNOW we all love you, overweight or not. That's not even a consideration. Your weight has NOTHING to do with the giving, loving person that reaches out to us with her heart and soul. HOWEVER...... having said that, I feel I MUST take a page out of Thin's book and say this as well. You and I both know that you feel better and better about yourself when you are eating well and exercising. I don't have to go back and feed your own words to you showing you how happy and excited you were as you were starting to feel so much better. Now..... having said that, if you are in a place right now where you feel you can't deal with staying OP, that's ok too. But don't give up on all of it..... try to keep some of the things that I know are important to you. Maybe continue drinking your water.... I know that helps alot. Part of me just wants to grab you up and hold you and tell you this will pass and that it will be ok. BUT, the part of me that loves you even more than that part.....is the one that is telling you still to strive, to not give up, to hold on for all you can, to not slip backwards, because I love the 2cute that is OP. BUT, I also love the 2cute that is not OP. You just have to ask yourself.....which one do YOU love best? {{{{{{2cute}}}}}} I love you my angel.

Terri: Sounds like you have been a busy bee here lately..... good job on working all that exercise in.

Barb: Sorry to hear about the car accident.... they are super scary. Glad he is alright though... that is the most important thing. Good for you having the manicure/pedicure done. You deserve it!

J-ann: Don't you just love the "whoosh" of weight loss? I do not keep a scale at home or I would weigh myself constantly (it's the Sandi in me) but I feel pretty confident that if I weighed myself today that I would have a loss too. Sometimes you can just "feel" it, you know?

Well chicky-doodles..... I'm out of here for now. I'm at work and they've been limiting our internet time, and I think I've already went over mine. It's hard to try and connect with my family here and answer the blame phone at the same time.

Have a lovely day and know I love you all!
Old 10-08-2003, 12:25 PM   #9  
a work in progress...

Question Pardon me, girl...Is this the TWOterville station???

Hey Tina! You go girl! J-ann...you're next! Great job, girls!

For that matter, congratulations to all of our losers!

I am doggedly staying the same despite all my efforts to GAIN. So that's a good thing...really

I haven't much to add...no words of inspiration, though I could use a few myself. I will just live vicariously through all of your losses.

I'll be back when I'm in a better frame of mind. I can't even blame PMS for this...
Old 10-08-2003, 12:32 PM   #10  
Walking by faith

Angry Good morning ladies!

Just checking in. Food is MUCH better so far!

2 Cute: Sounds like you're going through a hard time right now. Don't beat yourself up over what's happened in the past. You're working on getting back that positive attitude-so am I. Let's do it TOGETHER!
P.S. to 2 Cute: I saw I bit of the game too. I'm sorry your cubbies lost. I don't know how the Sox are going to do against the Yankees tonite. I'm sure it will be exciting. And, if the Sox don't make it, I'm praying for the Cubs to go ALL THE WAY!

Terri: It's good to see you. And good job w/the exercise!

J-ann: I'll see you in TWOterville soon!

Tina: Sorry to hear Trey's team lost-but WTG on the tackle!

Have a great day everyone!

P.S. My son made last night. He did such a good job that I ended up having 4. My stomach spent most of last night saying I TOLD YOU SO!
Old 10-08-2003, 01:10 PM   #11  
a work in progress...

Default sports short...

I just have to say for the record...as much as I have always liked those damn Yankees...I would love to see Boston break the "Curse of the Bambino!"

AND...I will root for the Cubbies to do it, once and for all...

Old 10-08-2003, 03:49 PM   #12  
Walking by faith

Thanks Katrina!!
Old 10-08-2003, 08:42 PM   #13  
BELIEVE!

Hi Everyone,
I am hoping that I have finally found a few minute to catch up with everyone. It's been a very hectic week trying to get ready for the trip and now juggling things with one car. Jeff's been working endless hours and I've been trying to take care of everything else. It's always like this before we go on a trip - he works ridiculous hours before taking anytime off. I am always fearful that he will come home the night before and say "I can't go". It hasn't happened yet.

Food and exercise have fallen off the wagon a bit this week. It is so easy to fall back into old habits. This is the first week since February that I haven't kept my food journal and I can feel my old self creeping back. I am going to allow myself a little slack next week, without going overboard. (literally )

I treated myself to a manicure and pedicure today. It was heavenly. It was the first pedicure I ever had - and it won't be the last, my feet feel so good.

I've been kind of behind on the boards the past few day and it will be very difficult to catch up with you all so I am not going to try....I have read all the posts and are thinking about all of you!

Congrats to the all the "losers"!

Hugs to anyone that needs one!

A "Get with the Program" to anyone that needs a tough hand!

Keep up the good work! You are all worth it!!!

I can't wait to hear more about the Spring Fling at 2cute's! I have to admit, I was also tempted by whoever mentioned Las Vegas!

We leave on Friday morning so I'll try to pop in tomorrow!

you all!
Barb
Old 10-08-2003, 09:24 PM   #14  
You and Me in 2003

Guess everyone is watching ballgames. No one at chat. Or maybe I have the plague
Old 10-08-2003, 09:33 PM   #15  
Dancing those pounds away

Well it is the bottom of the third inning and the CUBS are leading 5-0. But... last night they were leading 4-0 and still lost.... so I am not holding my breath. LOL

I have been busy busy busy today. I have neglected my car bad lately. I took it and caught everything up. New tires, oil change, gas, car wash, new tags, ... one more thing.. but I can't remember what. If the Cubs make it to the World Series my sister and I are going to go sit in the street outside of Wriggley Field and drink a beer in honor of my dad. HEY !!!! Cubs just hit another HOME RUN !!!!
Poor Brad... he is not doing too well. I think they are taking him out of the game.

I am headed to OKC in the morning. Spending the weekend with my daughter and we are going to just have FUN!!! Everytime she comes home... I put her to work. Moving, garage sales, the list goes on and on. We are just going garage sales, movies, watching the Oklahoma Sooners beat Texas. We are going out for a nice steak dinner Friday night. I can't wait !!!

I want to thanks everyone for your words of support and encouragement. You guys are the best. I don't plan on giving up... and I did not mean to sound so negative. In two weeks my friend and I are joining one of the gyms. She is visiting her son in Wisconsin and will be back in a couple of weeks. I know I should go NOW ... and maybe I will.
My daughter bought me a book with tons of water aerobic exercises. She also bought me a sitting exercise tape. I have NO EXCUSES.

WOW !!! Now it is 7-0 CUBS !!!!
Okay... I have got to go. My dh just got home and since I am leaving in the morning... I need to go spend some time with him.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 10-08-2003 at 09:37 PM.
Closed Thread