Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 06:48 AM   #1  
burned out bus driver

Default Stay at home Mom's #91

Welcome!!!
Welcome to a thread full of laughter, encouragment and friendship as we raise families, regain health and lose weight together. All are welcome- newcomers and present friends.
Old 10-08-2003, 06:53 AM   #2  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!
Got off to an early start and all the big monsters are off for school already, so I thought I would stop in and say hi. I woke up a few minutes early this am, and got my walk in. But I felt kind of sluggish~ probably the pizza I had last night for dinner. (stayed within points range, though) Just all the salt is probably why I feel so s-l-o-w. This morning is my meeting and I am going . Can't wait for a little "me" time. I never got to have that chicken meatloaf last night (will do so for tonight) as I had to go pick up Ds from school and got back too late-we also had to pick up the car from the mechanic and there was just too much running around.
Well, I had better go get my funky hide in the shower.....have a great morning!
Ginny

(sorry for not getting personal this am, I am feeling so tired)
Old 10-08-2003, 09:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!
Ginny I can't wait to hear all about your meeting and your WI!!! Canyou tell me the point difference between extra lean ground beef and lean ground turkey breast? My food companion doesn't have pts for those and I am going to make that meatloaf tonight too but I'm out of ground turkey and forgot to buy some yesterday while I was out (got the egg beaters though) so I need to know if there is going to be a big pts difference.
Well I don't have anything planned today. Just cleaning up the kitchen and getting some bedding washed... other than that it's a lazy kind of day for me. I guess I'll get started on that kitchen. TTYL!
Old 10-08-2003, 09:31 AM   #4  

Hey gals,

I probably went way over my calorie limits yesterday. Oh, well, it really couldn't be helped. Money is extremely tight here for the next week or so and our cupboards are getting quite bare. So, we had thanksgiving dinner a little early this year, lol. We have had a turkey in the deep freeze for several months, so we took it out and cooked it. Of course, if I was cooking a turkey, I was gonna fix the stuff that went with it, LOL. I think I will just have to try not to worry about it and do the best I can with eating small portions until I have the money to go buy groceries and be able to buy lower in fat stuff.

Spryng: our kitchen needs cleaning too. It's a huge mess after cooking our turkey dinner last night. Both dh and I were very tired last night so we left it til this morning. In fact, I can hear dh in there unloading the dishwasher.

Melissa: Getting your pictures done at Wal-Mart here is a crapshoot. Sometimes they are really good and other times they are off center and really bad. I just had the boys' pics done there a month or so ago. They turned out ok. They would have been better if two of the little stinkers had smiled!

Nothing major planned here today. Dd is on fall break right now and I am keeping my nephew as well. A home interior lady is supposed to come over this afternoon and help me figure out some stuff to go in my living room (need accessories for my pictures). It's my Christmas present from my parents.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 10-08-2003, 09:43 AM   #5  
I Can and I Will

Good Morning Ladies!!! Well, dinner was just ok last night... i didnt really care for the nonfat sauce... it didnt taste right... altho everyone tried it...lol and the chicken would be better wrapped in foil so it stays moist. But live and learn... lol I am making meatloaf tonight...lol for some strange reason i have a craving for it...lol! Just have to figure out what to make with it. I will probably doctor up last nights pasta and serve that...lol its better than throwing it away. I did all my exercises yesterday and am feeling a bit sore today... but i will trudge on. Guess thatas all for now... I will check back in later... take care of u

Sandy
Old 10-08-2003, 10:05 AM   #6  

Julie how nice of your parents! I love home interior!! And about not being able to buy low fat items and such... boy have I been there a few times, lol. Just try to eat small portions and maximize your veggies, they are cheap too! That way you can still get satisfied from your meals. I can't wait until we have our turkey dinner. It's a family event here. Infact it will probably be a good idea to start looking for WW friendly recipes. Lastyear we made the turkey and it was wonderful! DH stuffed it with sliced apples, celery, and onion, and then basted it every 1/2 hour and it was amazing. Everyone couldn't get over how wonderful it was. Now that is the only way we make our chicken and turkeys! (you don't eat the stuffing it's just for flavoring) But anyway, thinking about it makes my mouth water. I know what I'll be using my flex points on that week! lol
Sandy, I guess it's meat loaf night for all us us!! Does sound good doesn't it? I'm making mashed potatoes and gravy and steamed broccoli with mine. Yum! Good for you for getting your exercise in. It's hard at first to make it a habit... but then one day you'll not do it and miss it... weird huh? At least that is what happens to me
Well, gotta go! TTYL!
Old 10-08-2003, 10:06 AM   #7  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Hi Gang!

Sorry I have been MIA. I caught DD's Cold and am miserable because all my cold meds in the house have WAY too many carbs in them! I am going to the store after I do the drop off at school to find some SF cold meds!

Spryng - Ok here is one pic for you!

That was taken Sunday. If you look at my face in the avitar and in that pic, you will see a huge difference! I am going to see if I can get some full figure shots later this week. We have been swamped!

MEL - YOU GO GIRL!! WTG on the Loss!!! I cant wait to see Myra's Pictures!!

Spryng - Do you have a Low Carb Recipe or link to a recipe around for Meatloaf? After Sandy's Post.. I am craving meatloaf too!

Sandy - did I welcome you? I dont think so! I am KAren, SAHM to 2, ds age 7 and dd age 5. I have battled my weight all my life but found that Atkins is the way to go for me these days. Doctors Orders! You will love posting here! These gals are the greatest!!

Ginny - I hope WI today goes GREAT! I am anxiously awaiting the results! ME time? What is that?? LOL!

Well, I need to run. Gotta drop the kids off at school then I am heading to the store for cold meds and tea!! I have to teach crochet tonight and I want to at least be able to breathe a bit! So much for the exercise! I might see if I can walk on the treadmill for 15-20 minutes! My body is craving the exercise!
Old 10-08-2003, 11:53 AM   #8  
hangin' in there...

Karen, what a HUGE difference in your face!!! The van ain't bad, either. One of the things I love about losing weight is having cheekbones again. Sorry about your cold... hope you are feeling better soon. Dd has a whopper of a cold right now....... I almost kept her home from school again today.

Spryng, that turkey sounds wonderful! I am going to try a similar recipe for thanksgiving this year, but you marinate the turkey in apple cider beforehand..... it sounds delish! Hope you finished the kitchen and are enjoying the rest of the day.

Ginny, Can't wait to hear about WI! Sorry you are so tired, though. I don't know why you would be..... not like you are busy and get up at the crack of dawn, or anything.

Sandy, sorry you didn't fully enjoy your dinner. I have a nice recipe for cheese sauce that does not use butter..... I will dig it up and pass it along. Of course, it could just be the same recipe!

Julie, have fun with the decorator! And don't worry too much about what you're eating, and more about how much you eat. Hopefully, you can combat things that way. I, personally, plan on eating a "regular" thanksgiving dinner this year, just in moderation. One day is not gonna break me!

Mel,I caught your updateon the previos thread.... can't wait to see those precious pics!!!!! Thanks for checking in, and big congrats on your loss.

Well, I have had a bit of a lazy morning, but I gotta get my butt in gear. I still have not had the tire fixed on my car (been driving on the spare) so ds and I are headed out to do that now. I can leave the car and walk next door to a little plaza and do some shopping to pass the time. Then, I need to get home and plant the GORGEOUS mums dh bought me for our anniversary. And work tonight...... so, better get moving....... have a good one!
Old 10-08-2003, 02:07 PM   #9  
I Can and I Will

Oh Jen that would be nice of u ... i would appreciate the recipe... Karen u look wonderful... there is a big difference in your face... u look more beautiful! I hope everyone is having a wonderful day...Its gorgeous here so i am going to go out wash the car... talk to u all later!

Sandy
Old 10-08-2003, 03:25 PM   #10  

Good afternoon all!!
Karen what a difference 18 lbs make huh?? And your new van is very sharp looking! You look so happy in that picture. It's great to "see" you, lol. I promise to post more pic of myself too... but after I get a scanner. I plan on buying one maybe next friday... we'll see. We have to buy Dh a tv, fridge, and microwave for his truck on the 17th and I think I may get me a scanner. So you will all get to see me and my family some day!! Oh and Karen about the meatloaf... I don't have a certain recipe but what I did was use ground beef, crushed pork rinds, egg, and then a little minced onion, and lots of seasonings for my meatloafs while I was on atkins... that mixture is also great to stuff into green bellpeppers too (only 5 carbs per large stuffed pepper)
Jen sounds like the rest of your day wil be very busy. Have fun planting those mums! I can't wait for spring to plant some flowers next year.
Sandy, washing the car is great exercise! lol. I forget we can do it ourselves and not drive through an automatic car wash I may have to wash mine too!
Well my day is going pretty well. I helped dd clean her room... it needed it. She got her first barbie yesterday (actually one of those brats barbies, a miniture one) and she was having a hard time keeping up with all the little things that came with it so I helped her clean her floor up so she can sit and play with her little doll. This friday I am officially buying her first Barbie. I think she is ready. She's excited. I was about 6 years old when I got my first barbie, she's only 3 (will be four in dec) but she has been playing well with that Brats doll so I think she is ready. (this is a big deal for me for some reason, lol.) But anyway, I got my kitchen cleaned up... bedding washed, I need to get it dried... and dd room cleaned so the day has been fruitful so far. I have my lean ground beef thawing out and everything is in order for my meatloaf dinner.
Ginny, still waiting on your results!! Did I tell you I called our local meetings here to get some info on them? I was reading on the WW site and alot of people who attend a meeting take their kids because there is an onsite day care for the meeting. So I called the one here in town to see if they had one too. She was very nice and said if my kids were quiet I could bring them with me... well, 3,2 and 3 month old aren't quiet, so I can't and I have no one to watch them so I can't go. If I can find one on fridays then I will be able to go in the future because I'm going to start paying my SIL to watch the kids for me on fridays so I can get errands done without them... so I'm looking around. I would really like to join a meeting. Just meeting people would be nice with the added benefit of weight loss. I'm stuck in this town and I'm all alone... my closet friend is 14 hours away. So I feel so isolated at times and I need to meet some women and have adult conversations every now and then, lol. Of course I have all of you which I thank my lucky stars for or I'd go crazy here alone with my thoughts!!
Well, I'm off to scour the net. TTYL!
Old 10-08-2003, 05:07 PM   #11  
I Can and I Will

I hear u on the adult conversations and such Spryng... where in Kansas are u? My brother(the one that passed away) was a DJ in Wichita( i can never spell that) lol just wondering. I also know the feeling of being stuck in a place... i want to go back ot school so i can meet some new people and get my paralegal degree. I am looking into starting in January, just depends on the availability and the cost. I will check back later... ttfn!

Sandy
Old 10-08-2003, 11:16 PM   #12  

Good evening all!
Sandy I would love to go back to school too someday. I plan to after all 3 kids start school, so I have to wait another 4 years, lol. And I live in a little town called Ft.Scott. It's a little farming town. Old fashioned and boring. I moved here a year ago so that my kids could be closer to their grandparents (my in laws) I have no family here but a cousin to whom I'm not very close to... she only calls when she needs something. So I'm alone. MIL and I get along ok but it's quite the effort. I'm actually glad that now that Dh is gone alot I don't have to see them very often. When Dh was home we were over there ALL the time. So now I have a break.
But anyway... my day went well. The meatloaf turned out great!! And I have two slices left over for a meal tomorrow too. I got my lower body workout in and now I am so tired.
Ginny, oh Ginny! Still anxiously waiting to hear from you!!! Hopefully it wasn't a bad WI that is keeping you away tonight. We are here for you!
Well gals, I need to go to bed but my Dh hasn't called me yet. He usually calls at 9 pm, right after I put the kids down but now it's 10:15 and still no phone call. I'm trying not to worry but he tells me about all these wrecks he sees constantly and most involving a semi. He probably is sleeping... He doesn't have a cell phone yet so I can't call him. I have to wait on him. So I think I'm going to give it until 11 pm and then I have to get some sleep. I'll talk to you all tomorrow!
Old 10-08-2003, 11:21 PM   #13  
I Can and I Will

Good Evening ladies!! Well, the meatloaf turned out excellent!! i even had 2 slices left over for tomorrow too Spryng...lol I had it with Veggies and cheese sauce. It was quite filling. Even managed to stay under my calories as well! Hope u all have a wonderful evening... sweet dreams...

Sandy
Old 10-09-2003, 12:09 AM   #14  
Domestic Engineer

Just checking in...I've been exhausted this week. Partly PMS I'm sure and partly catching up from our trip (drove all night Thursday- no sleep!) I'm afraid I gave into some chocolate and peanut butter cravings tonight (unfortuneatly on top of ice-cream-lol) I'm not very focused this week. I made a low- fat dinner though- the honey-mustard chicken I was going to do yesterday. It was great- very flavorful.

Sorry to not get personal tonight- but I have go to get some zzzzzzs. Talk to you tomorrow!
Old 10-09-2003, 09:56 AM   #15  
hangin' in there...

Morning

Well, I lucked out at work last night and got sent home at 4am because we were so slow..... I was able to get 3 hours of sleep before having to get up to see the kids off to school........ BONUS! Unfortunately, I have to take a ride back in today to pick up the tickets I purchased to the hockey game this weekend that the girl never left for me last night... oh well. It will be fun to bring ds, though, and show him off to my co-workers. And, I baked them an apple crisp.

I also need to call the doc this morn and try to get in to have my hand looked at. Monday night at work, a mysterious "bump" appeared on the back of my wrist, at the base of my thumb. It is very swollen, tender, and red around the area. I don't remember injuring it in any way.... it just appeared spontaneously. Of course, it could not have appeared BEFORE my physical on Monday morning! One of the nurse practitioners I work with thought it may be a ganglion cyst, but said I should have it checked to be sure...... so I am about to call the doc.

Well, gotta run.... sorry for not getting personal. I hope everyone is doing well. I am still OP and loving it! Have a great day!
Closed Thread