Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 01:14 AM   #1  

Default new to 3 chicks

I am new to 3 chicks & am glad I found this group so quick. Everyone is friendly & very supportive & that is exactly what I need.
I have some health challenges & need to lose this weight. I just don't understand why I continue with this unhealthy way of eating when I know how damaging it is to my body & my emotional health. I have just bought Dr. Phil's new book & know there will be an enlightening moment here. He sure does tell it like it is & that's exactly what I need to hear right now.

On a more positive note....I am ready to start again & tomorrow is a brand new day. I am looking forward to getting to know you all & will be thankful for your support on this long journey. I will also be here to support all my new friends.

I better get to bed now....I have been reading all the posts & can barely keep my eyes open. Its after 1:00 here. Nite everyone
Old 10-08-2003, 06:13 AM   #2  

Hi Carol Ann!

I looked at your profile and see you live at the other end of the state! I live in Memphis! We have a lot in common, I am 50, have been married almost 31 years and have a GRANDSON, named Thomas who is 3, instead of a granddaughter. My son is getting married next Sept so I sure hope he gives me some more down the line somewhere as dd and sil are not having any more! I am not currently working, though would like to go back to work. We have one dog, a Yorkie named Fortune and a cat named Butterscotch. Come visit us at Time for Serious Fun here on Support. I started the thread to have a totally postive place to come for losing weight. We have lots of things going on you can participate in and lots of different weight loss journeys, programs and lifestyles!

Welcome to 3fc!!!!

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 10-08-2003 at 06:18 AM.
Old 10-08-2003, 09:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2"

Hi Carol Ann,

You mentioned that you just got Dr Phils book.... we have been reading this book in the book club forum.... come join us over there.... there is lots of inspiration there....

Good Luck in your journey!
Old 10-08-2003, 09:40 AM   #4  
Dancing those pounds away

Just wanted to welcome you to 3FC and wish you luck in your weight loss journey. I am going to check out that book club forum myself... maybe I will see you there.
Old 10-08-2003, 09:28 PM   #5  

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Faye you are right we are 400 miles apart. I do have an aunt & cousins in Memphis, & every once in a while we go to Tunica for fun. Not too often though.
My sister has a Yorkie....Bennigan. He's a sweet sweet dog &
very smart too. Isn't it great being a grandma? I honestly don't know what I did before she got here....she has completely changed our lives. Like you, I am anxiously awaiting the next one. My oldest daughter is 31 & has been in the Air Force 10 years. All this time she has said she does not want children. She is very career oriented so I just figured they didn't have the time . She was divorced last Dec. after 8 yrs of marriage & now she tells me she wanted a baby all along, but he didn't want children. So.....she has a new man in her life & they are very serious & both want babies. Imagine that!

Angel.....I definitely will check out the book club forum. I really need to get into Dr. Phil's book, but have been so busy this last couple of days getting ready for a community yard sale.
I sure would have liked being one of the 12 picked for the 10 month program, although I couldn't imagine being under serveillance in my own home.

thanks for the welcome 2 cute.....love the name.
Closed Thread