View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 03:49 PM   #26
berryblondeboys
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

How ironic for this thread to pop up. I wrote it nearly a year ago. At that time I was at or near my lowest weight ever which is around 165

In that year, I went up to 170, vacation weight up to 189, down to 170 after vacation, then with major stress and injury, up to 185 and then the holidays, up to 197. Then back on plan and down to 185.

So I have regained some and I did so extremely quickly. And I'm finding it very very hard to lose this latest gain. In the last 11 months I have lost a total of 32 pounds, but I'm 20 pounds over where I was when I wrote it.

In some ways, for others, it's good. They can see I'm human and that I make mistakes. That I struggle. But for me it's frustrating.

I have learned so much with the partial regain. My thought of being able to eat what I wanted within moderation isn't true for me. Carbs make me balloon up fast and create terrible cravings. I need to steer clear of them if I want to maintain my weight loss for life.

I am proud of myself for not giving up and proud of myself for maintaining the losses that I have maintained.

I'm also happy to say one of my real world friends is back at the weight loss thing and I'm cheering her on and she welcomes my support.

And I'm pushing myself to get back to where I was!!!!

berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote