View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 10:14 AM   #21
toastedsmoke
Mini Goal 2- 179lbs

S/C/G: 275/182.5/165

Height: 5'7

I have to admit, I don't have anyone in my real life that's lost a considerable amount of weight only to regain it, but I do have tons of people who have started a healthy eating plan, stuck to it for a short time, make some progress only to give it up for a variety of reasons. One of these people and the one that hurts the most, is my mom. She is like the healthy eating oracle of the world. If there's a book or article on diet or exercise, she's read it. She has all the theory down. She says she wants me to help and I try but there's just a gap between knowing what to do and doing it. And this is even for me, who's been doing this for 4 years now.

It definitely hurts and I feel bad because I know how much she wants it and I want as much for her to succeed, but at the same time, I know what it took for me was more than "wanting it." It took being ready to commit no matter what and that's a hard point to come to everyday, when it's hard and you don't feel like it. But at the same time, as much as I want her to succeed, I can't do it for her or get to that point for her. So as much as I want to help, and drag her kicking and screaming to success, I can't. Most day's I can barely keep up with dragging myself over the "on-plan" line. The best I can do is keep hoping for her and praying for her and encouraging her when she's on plan, inviting her to go walking with me, and supporting her in every way I can. And I have to believe that's good enough.

Overall Weight Loss
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote