Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 03-10-2013, 08:43 PM   #1  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Question Opinions on Herbalife?

My friend's spouse became an Herbalife dealer which got me curious about the company and its products. I've since read some crazy stuff, including the fact that Belgium has filed a case against them for being a pyramid scheme.

I'm not at all interested in the products, but the friend has recently lost some on weight them and is really gung-ho about how healthy they supposedly are. I hate to be the cynic but I'm guessing the couple's information is based on a sales pitch, not on actual facts. After a quick glance at the nutrition info of one of the shakes I see fructose is the second ingredient . . . er, no thanks.

Am I totally off on getting a bad vibe over this? Does anyone here have any first-hand experience or knowledge over Herbalife?
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:12 PM   #2  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

I took that crap back in the 80s when they first started coming out. I had the runs morning, noon and night. Cramps were constant. I became dehydrated in spite of the fact that I drank (and still do) several quarts of water per day. They recommend that you drink a lot of water. After a week, I took 1 empty container and 1 full container back and got a refund.

I wouldn't waste my money on it if I were you. Good for you for doing some research on it.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:30 PM   #3  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

It's definitely a pyramid scheme of a sort - a multilevel marketing company. That means that the people who make a lot of money don't make it by selling a lot of the product themselves, they make it by signing other people up to sell it, and then they get a cut of everything those people sell.

As for the quality of the products, there have been a lot of law suits and complaints about various things but I also know people who have used it and been satisfied.
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote