Old 03-10-2013, 11:20 AM   #1  
Ideal protein user!

S/C/G: 179/158/145

Height: 5'6

Exclamation Some questions!

How are you all doing?
I just want to start off by saying thank you so much to everyone on this forum that has helped me, you guys are so awesome!
I just audition for Berklee last Saturday and I think I did ok! Now the wait begins (I found out on March 31st)
I have a few questions so I'll try to be concise

1) Are Stevie liquid sweeteners any good, are they worth the money? (the English toffee, or chocolate)

2) Tonic water, I found that If i add a cristal light packet to one it is amazing! Is it ok to drink one everyday, or should I alternate days?

3)I'm so anxious to move into phase 2 to even though I have about 15 pounds to loose, my clinic is moving away and I am worried I won't reach that by that time, plus I still have 3 more phases to go through! Are the other phases hard to do without a coach? Is it doable?

4)My school has an event called Multicultural where we have many kids representing a country (over 90 countries are represented), they each have a table with food from that specific culture, we also have performances. It is my FAVORITE day of the wholee year. I'm so bummed that I can't eat any of the food because it is my LAST year that I can do this. Any remedies? My coach said If I really wanted to I can taste some of the foods (very little), and that It might take me out of ketosis but to go straight into the diet the next day. I'm just scared because i've been 100% this whole time. I want to be 145 and weighed myself this morning at 160. ahhhh what do I do????
grazi393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Can't really comment on the first three things. I have heard the carbonated drinks are not good...can't remember why. As far as the tasting everything. I personally find it hard, once I allow a cheat to get right back on. Every diet I have ever done, once I cheat, it comes back over and over........well just this once...and it continues. I have restarted IP a few times and there is always "just this once" after the first cheat. When I first started I went like 26 weeks.........no cheating, it was easy but now it is tough to stay on. Just my opinion tho, maybe you are different. Good luck!
kellycg102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:02 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by grazi393 View Post
How are you all doing?
I just want to start off by saying thank you so much to everyone on this forum that has helped me, you guys are so awesome!
I just audition for Berklee last Saturday and I think I did ok! Now the wait begins (I found out on March 31st)

1) Are Stevie liquid sweeteners any good, are they worth the money? (the English toffee, or chocolate)

2) Tonic water, I found that If i add a cristal light packet to one it is amazing! Is it ok to drink one everyday, or should I alternate days?

3)I'm so anxious to move into phase 2 to even though I have about 15 pounds to loose, my clinic is moving away and I am worried I won't reach that by that time, plus I still have 3 more phases to go through! Are the other phases hard to do without a coach? Is it doable?

4)My school has an event called Multicultural where we have many kids representing a country (over 90 countries are represented), they each have a table with food from that specific culture, we also have performances. It is my FAVORITE day of the wholee year. I'm so bummed that I can't eat any of the food because it is my LAST year that I can do this. Any remedies? My coach said If I really wanted to I can taste some of the foods (very little), and that It might take me out of ketosis but to go straight into the diet the next day. I'm just scared because i've been 100% this whole time. I want to be 145 and weighed myself this morning at 160. ahhhh what do I do????
First make sure your tonic water is sugar free and meets all of the other requirements - 0/0/0 . Some people on here refuse to drink any kind of carbonated water and others drink it daily. A friend of mine lost 60 lbs and drank at least one diet coke every day. It didn't seem to effect her losses because it didn't take her long to lose the weight I don't advise doing that though. My point in bringing it up is that some people lose with a little bubbly in their life.
As far as the mutlicultural event, go and enjoy it but DONT GO OFF PROGRAM! Again that is my humble opinion. I had to skip the taste air at our school this year becuz I knew there would be nothing that fit IP. It is a social event but all of the talk is about the food served. Even though it is your last time with this event, there will always be other opportunities to eat various types of food. HEck ur from Boston! u can find it readily there. Losing is just too important to me to risk that "just a taste of this and that" but you have to make that decision for yourself.
AND good luck with BERKLEE!!! I sure hope that you get in!!!
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:10 PM   #4  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Tonic water is very acidic so it isn't recommended for IP since IP is an alkaline diet.

All the information on the other phases is here and you can always ask questions. There is a whole thread dedicated to phase 3 recipes and it has the worksheet on it too. You should be able to phase out without a coach.

You need to make the decision if those foods are worth the cheat. If you are nervous about not being able to recommit, then don't eat anything off plan. You are doing great so far and close to goal.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:28 PM   #5  
IP Start Date: 28Feb2013

S/C/G: 328.8/207.4/180

Height: 6'0"

I understand you wanting to partake in such a fun event, but like others have said before: one cheat turns into many others.
I have been DYING for some bean dip and I have had people say: "it's just ONE bite, go ahead, take it." But I know that one bite will turn into two etc.

Don't forget, if you go out of ketosis you will have to spend those first three troubling days going back into ketosis...something that I do not want to repeat! You are almost there! Don't derail your progress!
HillaryJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:13 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 249.4/see ticker/152

Height: 5'6"

Schweppes Tonic water has 23 grams of carbs! It contains High Fructose Corn Syrup or Sugar. That is NOT something you should be drinking on this diet! I'm surprised your coach has not told you this...or have you not checked with your coach about drinking the tonic water?

Find a sparkling water instead that uses Sucrolose to sweeten it. I have found a number of different brands that meet the criteria of 0 fat / 0 carbs / 0 sugar. Just make sure they don't use phosphoric acid (it will show up in the ingredients list if it is used). I will often add a little MIO or Crystal Light drops to enhance the flavor of them.

As far as tasting all the other foods. It's totally up to you but I would not recommend it. Once you start allowing exceptions to the protocol, there always seems to be what we think is a "good reason" to make another exception.

Good luck on whatever you decide to do!

Last edited by galpal445; 03-11-2013 at 08:25 AM.
galpal445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:33 AM   #7  
Started IP Feb 19, 2013

Quote:

Don't worry about P2, concentrate on P1. Of course it is doable without a coach, after all your coach isn't doing the work, you are. The ladies on the board here are super encouraging and have a wealth of knowledge, stick with them.

Quote:
DON'T CHEAT. You are half way to your goal, don't give up now.
Donna Gel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:37 AM   #8  
Started IP Feb 19, 2013

Perrier and Safeway brand Refresh has 0/0/0. Add a little lemon to either and it is great. I would still limit your consumption.

Last edited by Donna Gel; 03-11-2013 at 08:38 AM.
Donna Gel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:05 PM   #9  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
How are you all doing?

I agree with the others: don't cheat! This isn't a diet with a lot of wiggle room. It's very specific and for it to work we have to stay OP. There will ALWAYS be special occasions. My whole life is full of Special Occasions, but my new body is more important than the food at these occasions. The food will be there when you reach your goal weight. It really will be there. You may not desire it as much, though. It's really an illusion that the momentary taste of any food is of more value than the lasting experience of feeling great about yourself. Good luck!!

Oh - and keep us posted on the Berklee audition!! Sounds wonderful!

Last edited by joysh; 03-11-2013 at 03:06 PM.
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote