Old 03-08-2013, 01:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 326/SEE TRACKER/163

Height: 5'7"

Unhappy I'm getting sick.........

It started with a sore throat, now my ears hurt, little coughing, no congestion. Just wanted to know if there is anything OTC I could take that wouldn't intefere with IP.
MSDEEDEE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:48 PM   #2  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSDEEDEE23 View Post
It started with a sore throat, now my ears hurt, little coughing, no congestion. Just wanted to know if there is anything OTC I could take that wouldn't intefere with IP.
Anything made for diabetics. Talk to the pharmacist and find out what they recommend that they carry for OTC cold relief for diabetics. They are sugar free and should be fine on IP.

Get better soon!
leannekarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: HW207/SWIP190/CW134.6/GW138

Height: 5'4"

I'm just getting over a similar situation...mine started like that and ended up with sinus congestion and a cough. I got sugar free halls (I actually like them better than the regular) and alka seltzer. Be warned! 1) you will retain water with a cold, so you'll feel bloated, but it'll drop off easily. 2) **alka seltzer and the halls are both 0 carb, 0 sugar, BUT 5 calories per serving. I discussed this with my doctor and he said it'd be okay. I limited myself, and still got a dizzy feeling after a few days, so might have been messing with ketosis a bit, but I had a small loss (even with all the water weight) for the week and seem to be on the mend. Hope you feel better soon!!
Thirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: H253/219/177.4/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
I'm just getting over a similar situation...mine started like that and ended up with sinus congestion and a cough. I got sugar free halls (I actually like them better than the regular) and alka seltzer. Be warned! 1) you will retain water with a cold, so you'll feel bloated, but it'll drop off easily. 2) **alka seltzer and the halls are both 0 carb, 0 sugar, BUT 5 calories per serving. I discussed this with my doctor and he said it'd be okay. I limited myself, and still got a dizzy feeling after a few days, so might have been messing with ketosis a bit, but I had a small loss (even with all the water weight) for the week and seem to be on the mend. Hope you feel better soon!!
I too am sick I am up now trying a cup of tea to help with my sore throat. I bought cough drops thinking they were sugar free and they weren't. I am not touching those!!! So tea will have to do!!! I am supposed to be on the pool deck this morning but I don't think that will be happening
bellasamimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:22 AM   #5  
Reboot Jan 2018

I'm sorry you're getting sick. I've been lucky and haven't been sick since starting IP so don't have any advice but I hope you feel better soon.
Cheekyskeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:27 AM   #6  

0/0/0 = fat/carbs/sugar (not calories)
The zero sugar items won't mess with ketosis.

Be sure to make yourself some good homemade chicken/veggie soup. I use book choy, celery, leeks, mushrooms. I roast a chicken first and use the carcass to make the broth. (Remove skin)
A rotisserie chicken could work in a pinch but don't forget they're injected with sugar solutions.
This is a great lunch and dinner when sick (split your meat protein)
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:42 AM   #7  

S/C/G: H253/219/177.4/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekyskeeter View Post
I'm sorry you're getting sick. I've been lucky and haven't been sick since starting IP so don't have any advice but I hope you feel better soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
0/0/0 = fat/carbs/sugar (not calories)
The zero sugar items won't mess with ketosis.

Be sure to make yourself some good homemade chicken/veggie soup. I use book choy, celery, leeks, mushrooms. I roast a chicken first and use the carcass to make the broth. (Remove skin)
A rotisserie chicken could work in a pinch but don't forget they're injected with sugar solutions.
This is a great lunch and dinner when sick (split your meat protein)
Thanks!! This has been the worst year for our family for colds... I think all the changes in weather we have had has made it a weird year. Both my girls keep getting colds not the best thing for swimmers
bellasamimom is offline   Reply With Quote