Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 06:35 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Thursday 2/7/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 03-07-2013, 07:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 395/241.5/250

Height: 6'4"

Offically WI for the week was done this morning - another -2 pounds for a grand total of -20 pounds for the week. Extremely happy with the results thus far.

Wifey has her WI this afternoon with her coach. She has been losing more inches than poundage in the last three weeks - still continues to look good in all regards.

Other than that it's work as usual and one step closer to the weekend. Have a great day everyone.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 171.4/160.9/145

Height: 5"6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritman View Post
Offically WI for the week was done this morning - another -2 pounds for a grand total of -20 pounds for the week. Extremely happy with the results thus far.

Wifey has her WI this afternoon with her coach. She has been losing more inches than poundage in the last three weeks - still continues to look good in all regards.

Other than that it's work as usual and one step closer to the weekend. Have a great day everyone.
Congratulations ~ that's great!
Old 03-07-2013, 08:07 AM   #4  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:

That's great! And I thought 18 lbs was a record!! And your wife is doing this with you! You are so fortunate to be doing this together! Fingers crossed for her WI!!

WI this morning and after a slow down for the last few weeks and a slight gain last week...-4.4 LBS!!!!!!

Holy Toledo Batman!!! I thought losses like that were only in the beginning! I know I don't have as much to lose so I expected to fight for every pound...but this week the Whoosh fairy was generous!!!

Last night I made tofu Alfredo...it was great! DH doesn't like tofu but he really liked the Alfredo. I used 1/4 cup of quality parm cheese in the sauce but I figured that since I wasn't using any meat that would count as fat content. The recipe made 4 servings so I ate about 1/16th of a cup of the cheese. I added mushrooms, scallions and a whole bunch of swiss chard (instead of spinach) and I had it over roasted cauliflower (DH had pasta but it doesn't even bother me to cook that for him). Very yummy!!!

Last edited by mrskuby; 03-07-2013 at 08:08 AM.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:21 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/177/160

Height: 5.6

Quote:

Wow -20 lbs in a week ! Congrats
Old 03-07-2013, 09:07 AM   #6  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Morning, All -- I was thrown off by the incorrect date on today's post. Anyone else feel like they were having a Groundhog-Day moment?

Spiritman -- Fantastic! Wishing your wife good success as well!

MrsKuby -- Wow, 4.4!!?? I know you had a pretty unfair weigh-in last week, so this is so nice to see. Congrats!

I plan to do a bunch of cooking today to try to get ahead some. It will be nice to have some food on hand that is "grabbable."

Have a good day, all!
Old 03-07-2013, 09:16 AM   #7  
Started IP 4/4/2012

S/C/G: 267.8/150/150

Height: 5'5'

101 Pounds Gone Forever !!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-07-2013, 09:21 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 167/152/145

Height: 5'4

Good Morning Lovely IP Folks!! I have to say I made some Chinese Fried "Rice" last night and it was soooo yummo!! I highly recommend it. I added mushrooms and used shrimp as my protein. Very, very good! Here's a link to a recipe but I think I've seen a recipe in the stickies for this before...

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/chinese_fried_rice.html

Also, if you navigate around this website, it has a bunch of low carb recipes, but make sure you pay attention to some of the ingredients. One of my favorite things to do is read a recipe and then alter it to the way it will fit into my lifestyle!

NSV for today.. the pants I have on are almost falling off of me and are dragging the floor because I've lost so many inches in my hips. Guess I need to go shopping!!

Awesome Lynnie! Wow is all I can say!!

And way to geaux Spiritman! You are rocking this lifestyle change!

Congrats mrskuby.. I know how you feel right now.. no loss last week, so I'm hoping for a little whoosh of some kind this week! ANd the tofu alfredo sounds yum.. I might have to try this and see if my boys will like it.

I hope you all have an amazing skinny-feeling day!! Keep Geauxing!!

Last edited by DontGiveUp17; 03-07-2013 at 09:22 AM.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:40 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Height: 5'1"

Good morning everyone. Congrats to Lynnie63! Amazing accomplishment.

I'm back in the office today for less than an hour--kid #2 is now sick. So I have been at work for less than 3 hours total this week. Why am I so tired :-)

Last night I spent time going through all of the alternative threads. After 6 months of just IP products, I'm thinking about weaving in a few alternative products to mix things up and lower my costs.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:45 AM   #10  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie63 View Post
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
Morning, All -- I was thrown off by the incorrect date on today's post. Anyone else feel like they were having a Groundhog-Day moment?

Spiritman -- Fantastic! Wishing your wife good success as well!

MrsKuby -- Wow, 4.4!!?? I know you had a pretty unfair weigh-in last week, so this is so nice to see. Congrats!

I plan to do a bunch of cooking today to try to get ahead some. It will be nice to have some food on hand that is "grabbable."

Have a good day, all!
Thanks! I'm pretty excited!

IDK if you like hummus but I made a batch of cauliflower hummus on Sunday and it's really good! You can eat it with celery or crisps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontGiveUp17 View Post
Good Morning Lovely IP Folks!! I have to say I made some Chinese Fried "Rice" last night and it was soooo yummo!! I highly recommend it. I added mushrooms and used shrimp as my protein. Very, very good! Here's a link to a recipe but I think I've seen a recipe in the stickies for this before...

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/chinese_fried_rice.html

Also, if you navigate around this website, it has a bunch of low carb recipes, but make sure you pay attention to some of the ingredients. One of my favorite things to do is read a recipe and then alter it to the way it will fit into my lifestyle!

NSV for today.. the pants I have on are almost falling off of me and are dragging the floor because I've lost so many inches in my hips. Guess I need to go shopping!!

Awesome Lynnie! Wow is all I can say!!

And way to geaux Spiritman! You are rocking this lifestyle change!

Congrats mrskuby.. I know how you feel right now.. no loss last week, so I'm hoping for a little whoosh of some kind this week! ANd the tofu alfredo sounds yum.. I might have to try this and see if my boys will like it.

I hope you all have an amazing skinny-feeling day!! Keep Geauxing!!
Mmm, fried rice! I continue to be amazed at all of the things I can do with cauliflower! Now my latest thing is tofu! I'll be looking for new and exciting options for that too!

I am sending the whoosh fairy your way! Hopefully she makes it there in time for your WI!!!
Old 03-07-2013, 09:58 AM   #11  
Started IP 02/25/13

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
WI this morning and after a slow down for the last few weeks and a slight gain last week...-4.4 LBS!!!!!!

Holy Toledo Batman!!! I thought losses like that were only in the beginning! I know I don't have as much to lose so I expected to fight for every pound...but this week the Whoosh fairy was generous!!!

Last night I made tofu Alfredo...it was great! DH doesn't like tofu but he really liked the Alfredo. I used 1/4 cup of quality parm cheese in the sauce but I figured that since I wasn't using any meat that would count as fat content. The recipe made 4 servings so I ate about 1/16th of a cup of the cheese. I added mushrooms, scallions and a whole bunch of swiss chard (instead of spinach) and I had it over roasted cauliflower (DH had pasta but it doesn't even bother me to cook that for him). Very yummy!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie63 View Post
Holy crap Spiritman!!! That is astounding!!! You must be on cloud 9

Mrskuby that Alfredo sounds sooooo good right now. I might have to have that for lunch this weekend on the Proti-Thin Protein Fusilli (of course since it is just me I will use way less than 1/4c cheese)

Congrats Lynnie63!! I can't wait till I get there

I am soooo excited. My Nashua order with the liquid concentrated grape, fruit punch and orange drink comes today along with my IP brand cal/mag and potassium from that online place that sells them a little cheaper. Darned if I can remember the name off the top of my head??? I have a few bottles of Perrier unflavored water and can't wait to use them with the liquids. I miss fizzy flavor!! I would take grape juice or orange juice and mix with Perrier unflavored to get a yummy drink before IP.

Have a wonderful day everyone
Old 03-07-2013, 10:10 AM   #12  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

Spiritman, MrsKuby and Lynnie63 just awesome work and well done to all of you!

Starting to feel a little bit sick here with a sore throat and ears that hurt, but its a beautiful day outside so I will be staying as positive as I can and drink lots of water.
I hope everyone has an awesome OP day!
Old 03-07-2013, 10:36 AM   #13  
IP diet initiation 3/4/13

S/C/G: 203.4/196/160-size 10

Height: 5'10"

CONGRATS Spiritman & Lynnie!!!

I've been grumpy that first three days OP. Today being day four am feeling better! Not so grumpy and without headache. I didn't realize how addicted to carbs/sugar I was.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:44 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 174/174/125

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrasb View Post
Good morning everyone. Congrats to Lynnie63! Amazing accomplishment.

I'm back in the office today for less than an hour--kid #2 is now sick. So I have been at work for less than 3 hours total this week. Why am I so tired :-)

Last night I spent time going through all of the alternative threads. After 6 months of just IP products, I'm thinking about weaving in a few alternative products to mix things up and lower my costs.
I read thru the alternative threads and took notes. I ended up ordering from Nashuanutrition.com and the blueberry pancake I had this morning was a wonderful change!! Also, the peanut butter crunch by health smart is to die for!!
Old 03-07-2013, 10:57 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 395/241.5/250

Height: 6'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by funstaffordmom View Post
CONGRATS Spiritman & Lynnie!!!

I've been grumpy that first three days OP. Today being day four am feeling better! Not so grumpy and without headache. I didn't realize how addicted to carbs/sugar I was.
My wife was grumpy too the first 4-5 days but has improved. She is still grumpy about not having chocolate and isn't liking the IP psuedo chocolate but she's a good sport.
Closed Thread