South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 07:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Thursday Beach Chat 3/7

Calling all chicks, where are you??? I have no one to share my coffee with. Hope the snow has not buried your Internet!

Staying put today as the weather forecast is all over the place. Going to get on the bike then make the apple tart and a salad for tomorrow. Later I need to clean, study for my CDL permit, figure out what I am going to wear Saturday night and lastly send out some fundraising letters.

What is on everyone's agenda?

Last edited by jekel383; 03-07-2013 at 07:30 AM.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:05 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning sleepy chicks I slept in until 6:30 which means I hit the computer running with work stuff. Still worth that extra hour sleep! We are in line for a little of that storm. I wouldn't object if it was just enough to cancel my staff meeting but not so much that it hangs around more than a couple of days. We are having an awful mud season so don't really need the extra moisture.

Jennifer - is that the tart recipe from Elana? Can't wait for the review. It's on my to make list soon

Time to get moving and out the door. Is it too soon to countdown to Friday
Old 03-07-2013, 08:12 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Jennifer. It's always nice to "hear" your perky voice first thing in the morning. I was up at 6:30 but got distracted by important things like dog cuddling.

I hope the chicks to the South of me on the east coast are not suffering too much from another Snowmageddon. We are basking in pre-Spring temperatures. My side walk is now clear of ice and snow and I'm waiting for my crazy snowdrops to push up through the snow on the flower beds. We are slowly moving into Mud Season. It's time to make an appointment to get the snow tires removed.

Thought I could hear my dogs moaning in the back room but it was a flock of Mourning Dives sitting on the deck rail doing their thing. Maybe it should be a "wake" of Mourning Doves? Another sign of spring when those birds are back. Robins, next please. This afternoon, I plan to shovel the snow off part of the back deck. It sure will be great to sit out there with coffee.

Have a super Thursday, Beachies.

I see that Cyndi just popped in. Sure hope the snow cancels your meeting and it's definitely not to early to start the TGIF countdown. "cofdate:
Old 03-07-2013, 08:44 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Another day of no cardio for me, still resting my foot. I think I'll give it a week. Must get to Costco today and probably Target or the grocery store while I'm out. Was supposed to have the house to myself this afternoon while DH visited his mom but he seems to have thrown his back out this morning so maybe my day will be spent waiting on him rather than napping in his absence.

No snow here today. Actually, finally, seasonable temps predicted so we'll be melting rather than adding to the piles of white stuff.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:56 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Pu$sywillows, cat-tails, soft winds and roses
Rainbows in the woodland, water to my knees
Shivering, quivering, the warm breath of spring
Pu$sywillows, cat-tails, soft winds and roses

Gotta love the censor!!
Old 03-07-2013, 09:56 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Thanks, Jennifer, for getting us started. Sorry...I slept in and wasn't here to join you for coffee.

It's always interesting to hear the differing weather from the different areas of our continent. It's sunny and wonderfully warm here. I mentioned I might do some watering today and DH reminded me we are supposed to have a big blizzard coming Fri-Sat. Ok, back to reality.

I'm off today and tomorrow. I have a big batch of paperwork and unfortunately my internet is now slowed because of ski traffic. I told DH I was going upstairs to the office "just like going to work". I hope that means he'll leave me space to get stuff done.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-07-2013, 10:01 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I love that verse, RUTH, and am glad the sensor didn't ruin the message it brought.

I took a personal day to spend the day with my mother. She sleeps most of the time but they just now took her down to physical therapy. We were spared all the snow that was predicted yesterday, and had lots of rain and wind instead, and this morning the roads were dry.

KAREN, I hope your foot is better and your DH's back eases up!
Old 03-07-2013, 10:47 AM   #8  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning all,

Jennifer - sounds yummy!
Ruth - cuddles are MUCH more important
Cyndi - I hope the storm is as much of a bust for you as it was for me
Karen - hope your foot heals quickly!
Cottage - have a good day with your mother

As for me, DW took the car so I am going to go get the mail (about a 1/2 mile trek) and hit the gym...maybe in the reverse order. And rehang the darn shamrock that keeps falling off the door. TOM is here so no weigh-ins until Saturday at the earliest. It's weird but I get to my lowest right before (as in the day before) TOM.

Cats are being snuggly, time to go before they start typing!
Old 03-07-2013, 11:52 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good evening (ermm, nearly midnight here), ladies!!! Today was the last day of my 2 days off this week and I got called in on overtime. It's funny, they keep telling me that my paycheck is going to be short b/c of this fiscal cliff stuff, but I have yet to have a paycheck w/o holiday pay or overtime on it since it went into effect, so I don't know how much it has affected me just yet, LOL

Not much going on in my world aside from that. Hope you ladies had a good night.
Closed Thread