Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 06:41 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday 3/6/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 03-06-2013, 06:55 AM   #2  

Lightbulb Happy Wednesday

Lets keep our little corner positive today.

If you're new please read the stickies before opening a new thread- lots of duplicates lately!

Reframe! Find a way to talk about what is going on without offering a complaint.
You might want to spend some time on the forum searching for a solution, rather than typing the complaint or starting yet another duplicate negative thread.

Lets talk about how good we feel, what we are doing to overcome adversity or frustration, or how our plans are working!

Lots of good stuff is happening here. We need to talk about how we persevere DESPITE what life throws at us! If you are having a rough day, there is lots of advise in existing threads. Just read. No need to start another. It really isn't a new phenomenon. It's called life. We all have trials. Lets talk about pressing through ours and coming out stronger!

And for everyone already doing this, go team!

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-06-2013 at 06:58 AM.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:46 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 395/241.5/250

Height: 6'4"

Default I have met the enemy...And Stomped him

Not my usual weigh in day today but I couldn't wait until tomorrow. I faced my nemesis square on and loudly proclaimed - "I fear thee not, you shall be conquered".

Okay, okay maybe I wasn't that dramatic but in layman's terms I got on the scale this morning and was surprised to say the least. After not losing anything last week this week has been a big wooooooosh week.

18 pounds lost this week is what the scale is telling me, for a total of 33 pounds in 3 weeks.

Quite happy in all regards - I'm totally on plan - not a single cheat - all my water is being consumed - all supplements being taking - I'm not feeling tired, dizzy, or having headaches - clothes are fitting so much better.

A darn fine day so far, and its just started.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:51 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/177/160

Height: 5.6

Spiritman
That is awesome ! Wow actually that is more than awesome

Everyone have a great day
Old 03-06-2013, 08:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 219/141/130

Height: 5'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritman View Post
Not my usual weigh in day today but I couldn't wait until tomorrow. I faced my nemesis square on and loudly proclaimed - "I fear thee not, you shall be conquered".

Okay, okay maybe I wasn't that dramatic but in layman's terms I got on the scale this morning and was surprised to say the least. After not losing anything last week this week has been a big wooooooosh week.

18 pounds lost this week is what the scale is telling me, for a total of 33 pounds in 3 weeks.

Quite happy in all regards - I'm totally on plan - not a single cheat - all my water is being consumed - all supplements being taking - I'm not feeling tired, dizzy, or having headaches - clothes are fitting so much better.

Fantastic!!! Keep up the great work! I'm looking forward to my next weigh-in...Happy Wednesday to all!
Old 03-06-2013, 08:43 AM   #6  

S/C/G: (Reboot) 297/See Ticker/220

Height: 6' 2"

Quote:

Dude, that is awesome - 33lbs in 3 WEEKS!! That is crazy. Keep it up...you'll be at goal in no time!!
Old 03-06-2013, 08:53 AM   #7  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:

OMG!!! That is incredible!!! It might possibly be the biggest whoosh in history!!!
Old 03-06-2013, 08:54 AM   #8  

S/C/G: (Reboot) 297/See Ticker/220

Height: 6' 2"

Funny thing happened this morning - and I think I'm going to call it the "weight loss effect".

I have been doing IP P1 for 6 weeks and just loving it. My day starts with a shower, stand on the scale and smile to myself. This diet has been working great for me so far. The problem: I leave on Friday for a 9 day cruise. My coaches started me on a modified 2 day P2 on Mon/Tues and a modified P3 Wed/Thurs. So this morning I had my first real "carb" (2 pieces of whole wheat toast) in 6wks. I basically choked them back!! Weird thing is, I thought I'd enjoy them but getting to my goal has been my life for the past 6 weeks and I'm treating this toast like something that will hold me back!!

This is going to be one interesting vacation! I have a plan in my head and if I can stay within 5 lbs of my "leaving weight" I'll be happy. Don't tell my family but if I was doing IP when we booked this trip, I would never have wanted to do a cruise!! For those who haven't been on a cruise ship - It is basically a 9 day feeding frenzy! The goal is to take advantage of all the exercise equipment and facilities and try and stick to a "modified" P3 diet.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:59 AM   #9  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:

Amazing!!!
Old 03-06-2013, 09:00 AM   #10  
Starting over: 7/29/2015

S/C/G: 257/251/150

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!
It's a snow day here in Maryland for me. They are predicting totals of close to 12 inches here--that's the most snow we've had for over 2 years. My dogs, who are about 2-3 years old (we don't really know, since they were rescue dogs) don't quite know what to make of this much snow!

I went in for my WI last night because they were already planning to not open the satellite clinic in my town today. They called me to reschedule, and I was able go in at about 7:00 yesterday evening. I thought that was nice of them to call everyone, but they must have run themselves ragged trying to get all the Wednesday evening appointments done yesterday evening. I lost 1.8 pounds last week, so it was a good weigh in.

Have a great day everyone! I think I will just stay in my Hello Kitty fuzzy pajama pants all day--until I go out to play in the snow with my boy.

Last edited by tam67green; 03-06-2013 at 09:02 AM.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:00 AM   #11  
IP start date 2/4/13

Height: 5'10"

Feeling good this week OP.

It's almost 6am here in rainy California. I didn't sleep well all last night anticipating an important meeting I have today with a potential client and ride along with my boss. I have to capture the account as its the best one in my territory

Going to start my day with a bath and meditation to get into the zone. Practice my gratefulness and get focused on the goal.

Hoping everyone else has a successful day today!
Old 03-06-2013, 09:02 AM   #12  
Starting over: 7/29/2015

S/C/G: 257/251/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:

Wow, that is amazing! Way to go!
Old 03-06-2013, 09:02 AM   #13  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadedge View Post
This is going to be one interesting vacation! I have a plan in my head and if I can stay within 5 lbs of my "leaving weight" I'll be happy. Don't tell my family but if I was doing IP when we booked this trip, I would never have wanted to do a cruise!! For those who haven't been on a cruise ship - It is basically a 9 day feeding frenzy! The goal is to take advantage of all the exercise equipment and facilities and try and stick to a "modified" P3 diet.
Don't forget to enjoy yourself on the cruise. That doesn't always mean eating to do it. Just be happy it's not an all inclusive resort where you'd feel like you weren't getting your money's worth without drinking non-stop. This way you're not only saving calories but saving money. Fair Winds and Following Seas my Friend!
Old 03-06-2013, 09:07 AM   #14  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

OK so I officially entered maintenance on Monday, but I didn't have it in me to actually take an "After" picture - got up the courage last night So here's the "officially official" before and after, April 2012 to March 2013.

This is 7 months on IP (alternative products), no cheats, no excuses.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 399428_10151474681674916_1936846039_n.jpg (38.6 KB, 121 views)
Old 03-06-2013, 09:08 AM   #15  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

That's an awesome whoosh!!! Good for you!

I had a great NSV this morning. My twin sister who has always been much much smaller then me gave me a bunch of clothes. There was this one pair of jeans that I've been trying on every week or so and could never button them up. Well....this morning not only did they button I've actually got room to spare!
Closed Thread