General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-03-2013, 10:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 365/287/140

Height: 5'4"

Question Weight loss of Men compared to Women

I have lost about 78lbs since July 5th, 2012.... I am very excited about that. My husband has lost 90lbs in that same time span and is within 20lbs of goal. I am very happy for him, but wonder why.. why am I doing the samethings he is doing and he's losing weight faster than me. Why is he losing clothing sizes faster? I know that men and women lose weight differently... but it's frustrating too. How can I help myself from becoming so discouraged?
sunflowerladykd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:43 PM   #2  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Congrats on your loss!
My advice is to stop comparing yourself to him.
Good luck with the rest of your journey!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:24 PM   #3  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

That's a fantasic weight loss. Well done! Being a man, I must admit that it is a little easier for us. We have far fewer "water" issues and less weight variability than women, which helps us keep more motivated. We often get to exercise more as part of our daily lives because we generally do more physical activities than women, be it around the house or at work (one of the reasons we live less long - we simply wear our poor selves out ).

So lucky him. But lucky you too with such great progress! As a guy, I hope I can match your loss some day.

Last edited by IanG; 03-04-2013 at 07:32 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote