Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 03-03-2013, 10:06 PM   #1  
Where is Onederland???

S/C/G: 301/295/148

Height: 5'9

Default You know what feels better than eating?

Frickin' SHOPPING, dude!

I dragged my husband to the mall of America, and spent about 800, I got 5 pairs of shoes, four pairs of earrings, an awesome pair of clear-lensed glasses with glitter and rhinestones, 4 pairs of pants, 6 shirts, and an awesome pair of gauchos!

I will admit, I was a little bit sad about some of the sizes I had to buy, but the clothes looked so damn awesome on me! And the shoes...OMG the shoes...one pair was a pink polka dot pair of sky high stilettos...I am wearing them to bed, I swear...And I finally found the perfect pair of pearls!

My husband is not excited about the amount spent, but he is supportive of me trying to improve my self image so he went along and carried the bags. I felt so fricking rock star! I ate at the food court and got grilled chicken cause I felt too beautiful to mess it up!

Thanks for listening. But if I replace overeating with overspending, I'm going to end up in the poorhouse!

Love you all!
MrsYoung0601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 145 / 102 / ?

Height: 5'

How fun!!! It rocks when you feel good about yourself!!
HungryHungryHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:47 AM   #3  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

I'm probably going to sound like a jerk but I can't help but wonder why, if you're planning on losing a bunch of weight, you would spend a bunch of money on clothes that very soon aren't going to fit?
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:18 AM   #4  

Leave her be, the point is she is making herself feel better now. Why wait to feel beautiful?

A lot of us dieting chicks struggle to maintain good self image because we feel our bodies are very disgusting so why bother? I am only 23, yet my entire life i haven't bothered wearing nice clothes because i feel too ugly or disgusting.

It takes a lot for a chick to get the courage to start dressing nice and feeling good about herself.

Congrats about the shopping spree btw, it is awesome that you're hubby was soo supportive and i bet all you're clothes will look lovely on you
irishcanary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:19 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8.5"

I've spent a lot of money on clothes that already don't fit and I am giving away a lot of almost new stuff. To me it was worth it, as most of what I had was old and worn out. I do wish I had bought a bit less of it, as it just did not "soak in" how quickly they would be too big, but I feel a lot better having clothing that fits me properly and looks nice on me, even though I still have a lot to lose. I don't intend to buy any more for a while, as I am now into the smallest of the sizes I bought, so will just let these get too big.

But hey, if it helps you, it is worth it!! You can always bless someone else with it when it gets to big!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:06 AM   #6  
LRH

S/C/G: 152/132/127

Height: 5'5"

I think it's important to reward yourself along the way. JohnP is being practical, but sometimes you just have to be a little impractical (if you can afford it)! Congratulations and I hope you need some more new things, soon!!!
LRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:09 AM   #7  
Where is Onederland???

John,

No worries, not jerkish at all. Actually, probably quite practical...

I am planning on losing a bunch, but it is pretty demeaning to try to squeeze into clothes that don't fit properly. I just felt that much worse. Plus, like another poster mentioned, I hope to gift these clothes to someone who needs them on this board (maybe someone who come down from 400 to 300, for example).

And the shoes and whatnot, I'll be able to wear for much longer. Plus I feel great today!

Much Love!
Old 03-04-2013, 09:13 AM   #8  
Where is Onederland???

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
I'm probably going to sound like a jerk but I can't help but wonder why, if you're planning on losing a bunch of weight, you would spend a bunch of money on clothes that very soon aren't going to fit?
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishcanary View Post
Leave her be, the point is she is making herself feel better now. Why wait to feel beautiful?

A lot of us dieting chicks struggle to maintain good self image because we feel our bodies are very disgusting so why bother? I am only 23, yet my entire life i haven't bothered wearing nice clothes because i feel too ugly or disgusting.

It takes a lot for a chick to get the courage to start dressing nice and feeling good about herself.

Congrats about the shopping spree btw, it is awesome that you're hubby was soo supportive and i bet all you're clothes will look lovely on you
Thanks, that was an awesome reply, and yes, that's exactly how I felt for a while!
Old 03-04-2013, 10:03 AM   #9  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

I just took a trunk-full of my fat clothes to goodwill last week. I had to get them out of my closet to make room for the new clothes. As I thought about it, I probably spent thousands of dollars on those clothes over the years. (Big & Tall clothes are so darn expensive!) Anyway, I didn't feel the least bit bad about the money previously spent on them because all that matters now is that I don't need to wear them anymore... and hopefully never will again.

I have to admit that when I was taking the clothes out of my closet, for a very brief moment I thought about putting them in my garage for storage -- in case I needed them later if I gained weight back. But I immediately put a stop to that kind of thinking and put them in my trunk and drove to goodwill. In doing this I thought about a quote from the movie "The Hunt For Red October" where Captain Ramius (played by Sean Connery) explains to his officers why he sent a letter to the Russian admiral notifying him of his intent to defect to the U.S. He told them that "When he reached the New World, Cortez burned his ships. As a result his men were well motivated." In other words, he insured that there was no going back. For me, giving my larger sized clothes away was akin to the burning of the ships. There will be no going back to fat!

Enjoy your new clothes, Mrs. Young. But hopefully you'll only enjoy them for a brief time!

Last edited by joefla70; 03-04-2013 at 10:18 AM.
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:39 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsYoung0601 View Post
Frickin' SHOPPING, dude! .....But if I replace overeating with overspending, I'm going to end up in the poorhouse!
Ha ha. Great post. After losing 50 pounds in 2011 I went a little nuts with clothes shopping. I overhauled my entire wardrobe and bought some really funky numbers -- the kind of clothes that prompt my teenagers to say, "Mom, you're too old for that." I probably spent about $10,000 in total, but I got some excellent deals from my favourite boutiques in Toronto. (I almost never do chain stores.) I've eased up a little and know I have to ease up still more, but I honestly believe that the clothes are a big part of what motivates me to stay on the wagon.

Freelanec
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:07 PM   #11  

awww, that is awesome! it's wonderful to feel that way and yes, women usually don't allow themselves to because they put everyone else first. Sometimes practicality needs to go out the window!

i'm pretty much at goal but woefully broke so i can't spend any $$ right now on clothes, i would sure love to!!

Enjoy those heels!
3fcuser291505109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:13 PM   #12  

I'm so jealous!! Everything you got sounds awesome!!

My budget right now is the Goodwill and I have been getting awesome deals there so I can't complain, esp. when I get $2.50 Levis and $2.50 Jones New York clothes on a good day! I scored a nice spring barn jacket for $4 the other day so I was really happy. My sizes are changing quicker now so it's a good thing. And then I will donate it all back so it's really just renting clothes!

I just live vicariously through people like you!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:26 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 245/161/140

Height: 5'3"

Personally I spent 300 this past weekend on new things from Victoria Secret and Old Navy. I am taking about 100 worth of product back today, but the overall feeling of trying on something new in a new size is exhilarating! It helps keep the motivation going that's for sure. I still clung on to my small clothes from college and I'm starting to inch back into them. Also my old cheerleader shorts from high school. Oye vay. Never thought that'd be possible!

When you are 200+ clothing sizes seem to last longer, but don't give up hope or the hard work! Congratulations. If I can do this I know you can!
Scondy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:55 PM   #14  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

My biggest excitement came from my recent revelation that I do not have to buy my clothes at the big and tall stores anymore! I still have a way to go to get to my goal weight, but until now I had to buy most of my clothes from the big and tall store. And they are EXPENSIVE!!! Recently I went to Walmart and found jeans and shorts for $15 and less. The SAME exact items would have been $45 and up at the big and tall store. Its nice to be able to buy clothes at a regular store at 1/3 the price. Its like I was paying a fat surtax all these years!
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:07 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 164/--/--

Height: 5'7"

I think that's great. I am way more motivated when i feel good about myself. Thinking about how fat and ugly i am has never motivated me to lose weight. I also recently bought some clothes while i was at my highest weight. I figure if that money goes to waste...it's a good thing, because it means i've lost weight.

Last edited by surfergirl2; 03-04-2013 at 04:08 PM.
surfergirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote