Old 03-03-2013, 11:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/195/190

Height: 5'11.5"

Default What would you have wanted to know?

I have been asked by my coach to be part of a presentation this week at my IP office. This is for people considering the IP program. I would like to have feedback on what you wish you would have known before you started.

Thanks in advance for your input.
Success is Messy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 216/209.6/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success is Messy View Post
I have been asked by my coach to be part of a presentation this week at my IP office. This is for people considering the IP program. I would like to have feedback on what you wish you would have known before you started.

Thanks in advance for your input.
I was surprised with all the artificial sweetners used in products. I guess I did ******** last year and that diet was so against them and I have never been a regular user of them. Anyway good news is even though I didn't like the taste at first I did get used to them. It was nice having people here let me know to give it a chance and tastes change.
ladylunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:38 PM   #3  
IP start date 2/4/13

Height: 5'10"

I would have like to have known the exact costs as I was caught off guard by their "estimation" process.

For instance.... It's $295 for you first appointment, meals, consultation but we knock off $30 if you came to this intro meeting. So $265 total for week one.

Then it's about $90 a week for your food thereafter.

The real truth? It's about $250 the 2nd week with the additional supplements that they "recommend" plus the extra packets they give you "just in case you need it."

I would have like to have heard point blank- The first month's investment is between $700 to $900, and weekly food cost can range between $90 to $120, so that I can plan out and budget for that.

I would also like to have known that the omega, anti oxy and enzymes are not essential to following the program. I also was unaware that you an be dropped for using alternatives even though they exist.

Now I know better.
SFNinerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:57 AM   #4  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

I was very excited to start IP along with my DH. The first day or two were really hard for me. I did NOT like the taste of the packets that were pre-arranged on the first week menu from my clinic. My DH was doing fine with the taste of things. I can be a picky eater, but I try not to be. I think it was a combination of getting off the sugar and having the packets taste a little different. Bottom line I was devestated. I thought there is NO way I can eat this food for months. I was really at a place in my life where I wanted and needed to lose weight. The good news is my coach said that there had been one person who experienced this and kept with it and had lost substantial weight. So, I stuck with it and found that having a small bite/taste of my DH's helped me to find the IP products I liked.

Many have said that we should go back and try products we initially didn't like because our tastebuds do change and we may like a product now.

Hope this makes sense. I'm so grateful that I stuck with it over those first few days (and didn't give up solely on taste) because now I love the program and the results. Jen
JenRem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:21 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/148.0/160

Height: 5'11"

There was a good thread a few weeks ago about things you wish your coach knew. I will try to find it and bump it up.
gazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:44 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFNinerGirl View Post
I would have like to have known the exact costs as I was caught off guard by their "estimation" process.

I would have like to have heard point blank- The first month's investment is between $700 to $900, and weekly food cost can range between $90 to $120, so that I can plan out and budget for that.

I would also like to have known that the omega, anti oxy and enzymes are not essential to following the program. I also was unaware that you an be dropped for using alternatives even though they exist.

Now I know better.
Ninergirl, thumbs up for this quote. I was also a little shocked.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:49 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenRem View Post
I was very excited to start IP along with my DH. The first day or two were really hard for me. I did NOT like the taste of the packets that were pre-arranged on the first week menu from my clinic.
So, I stuck with it and found that having a small bite/taste of my DH's helped me to find the IP products I liked.

Many have said that we should go back and try products we initially didn't like because our tastebuds do change and we may like a product now.

Hope this makes sense. I'm so grateful that I stuck with it over those first few days (and didn't give up solely on taste) because now I love the program and the results. Jen
Jen! So true. I taste things that I think are wonderful. My non dieting wife will taste and ask how I ever stomach them! I also wanted my Diet Coke about 2 weeks in to IP and so I decided to cheat and treat. It tasted so bad I was pissed off at my coach because this freaking program ruined my diet Cokes. Funny, now I don't even think twice about them...
Old 03-05-2013, 08:37 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 256/218/165

Height: 5'3

Definately the cost.

I was told it would be about $100 per week after the first week where you buy your supplements. (I won 4 weeks consultation, and bought a dicounted package for 6 more, so I don't take into account that)

Well, my first week, with supplements and 4 boxes cost me around $80. Good, I thought....I can hand that. Next week cost me closer to $200....ok, I bought a bunch of WF stuff that I couldn't find in the store, so I could handle that.

The last 3 weeks, buying 3 boxes each week, has typically cost me, on average $130.

I wish their 'average' was a bit higher so I could budget better....and I also wish that they would list their prices so if I'm having a tight week, I could go for the cheaper stuff.
countrychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:12 AM   #9  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

I think some of the things you're going to hear are clinic specific. For example my clinic doesn't charge anything for weekly visits. The only cost I've incurred was the initial consultation ($150 per person but our clinic let my wife and I do it together and only charged us the single person rate) and then the cost of food/vits. Our food is only sold in full boxes at a rate of $28 ($4 ea) for most things but the bars and RTDs come out to $5 ea (still sold in full box or package).

I've heard some clinics charge for WI, if they do measurements or BMI calculations, videos, and other things. You should make sure that the presentation includes any *extra* charges people should be aware of.

Will the new IPer have the same coach every week or will there be a revolving door of coaches seeing them? How much time do they have at the appt? Can they ask questions without being charged a fee? Has their coach been on IP and, if so, did they have a significant amount to lose or just a few pounds so they could say they did the program?

We lucked out with our clinic as it's been great but we had zero information before we went in and started. After hearing some of the challenges others have had here these are the things I wish I had known to ask in advance.

Last edited by M35A2; 03-05-2013 at 09:15 AM.
M35A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:18 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 395/241.5/250

Height: 6'4"

What I would have liked to have been told is information about the product line for those with food sensitivities. Nothing was mentioned about the soy content in most of the packets. It wasn't until I asked then I was informed that yes most had soy in them which is a big no-go for myself.

In the same vein have all the information available to your potential clients about what products contain what ingredients. In this way specific products can be recommended to use and what to stay away from. The dim bulb that I went to didn't have any of this.

Those of us who go into extreme intestinal duress when certain foods are consumed can't rely on the "I don't know - try it and see how you react." answer that I got.

This is where the differentiation between salesperson and "coach" - "consultant" comes into play.
Spiritman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:07 PM   #11  

Height: 5'2 1/2

That you do not lose 3-7 every week. I know its advertised like that on brochures and posters but remind people it varies from week to week and it depends on how much you weigh and how much you have to lose, among other factors. People freak out when they have small weigh ins.
IntheEvening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:05 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 144/138.0/118

Height: 5'0"

That I would lose allot of hair. And that I wouldn't lose at the end and would have to be on the diet for 2 months to lose the last 5 lbs that I will gain back my first week in Maintenance.
LexiChanel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:16 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

That sometimes fast weight loss can result in a mental struggle to really know what you look like, and that the lure to lose just a bit more would prevail in maintenance.
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:05 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 144/138.0/118

Height: 5'0"

I like your mom
LexiChanel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:45 PM   #15  

Well I feel great about my center after reading some of these posts. Just like anything else the people and the relationship makes all the difference. My coach has a degree in exercise science and nutrition, so no problem with the questions about diet needs and ingredients in each food. I do believe the pricing estimate is low so that is something to address. They also do a great job with covering the weekly weight loss questions.
Thanks for the feed back, it will definitely help those 20 people coming to hear about IP.