View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 07:23 PM   #71
ladylunk

S/C/G: 216/209.6/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
Lots of IPers sweeten black coffee with an EAS vanilla shake (or chocolate for a mocha effect.) My husband, son, and I go to Starbucks every Saturday and get a treat. Mine has become a plain black coffee, and I add part of an EAS shake to it that I bring, plus top it off with some cinnamon at the Starbucks store and sometimes nutmeg. Occassionally I tell them to add a touch of FF or 2% milk as we are allowed 1oz of milk on IP with our coffee. I am in maintenance, and this is still how I prefer to drink my coffee, with an EAS shake. If you really are concerned about the barista getting the order correct, you can always bring your own SF syrup to sweeten it. Early on in IP, I started bringing my own salad dressings (made with olive oil), spices, and coffee sweetener (EAS shake) when I go out to meals so I wouldn't have to worry about mistakes like you are concerned about.

eta: I've never used IP's RTD vanilla, only the dry drink packets, but it may work just as well as EAS. Maybe someone can chime in and let you know how it works. EAS is fairly cheap by comparison but you may be doing only IP products, so I wanted to mention it.
Thanks for all your tips. I do use ip drinks for coffee at home and have syrup as well but like trying syrups I wouldn't buy for Home when I go to starbucks, but I see your point about taking control so mistakes don't happen. I wish we had easadvantage but can't find. I did find chocolate muscle milk light and it is yummy. I like that it has a screw on cap, but still 4 dollars at safeway. A bit bigger bottle though and I just use as creamer.