Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 06:26 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default March Chat

Good morning to March and farewell to February.

The day started off well with an email from Riemontana. She is fine but has been taking a breather from 3FC for a while. She says Hi to us all and will say it in person one of these days.

New month and new resolve! I am getting more and more disgusted with my weight gain and am worried about what my next HA1C will show. This has to be the month when I get it together. A shocking 193.4 this morning and FBGL is creeping up a bit.

Off to the gym for sure this morning and I will stick to my plan today.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:29 AM   #2  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

ok Ruth, you and me together.
I do find that breakfast is the gateway to problems. I seldom want to spend time making breakfast, deciding what to have etc. Started today with a shake. Have done that before. SO this weekend will be spent stocking in appropriate foods, and maybe freezing a few things for microwaving. anyone have advice about freezing omelets etc? If I can get breakfast together, the rest of the day will follow on plan.

Have a good day friends happy Friday!
Old 03-01-2013, 08:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Ruth- I am so happy that you heard from Rie and she is OK. That made my day. I was worried about her.

Trish - Can you tell me how you make the beef jerky? That is something I could eat that my husband would also like.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:57 PM   #4  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Thank Heavens all is ok with Rie. Well since my son has moved out I took over his room it adjoins with mine So I took the board down that was between the two rooms and make it back into one. So now I have a place to workout in the warms cool air and heated room. My 15 year old has said she wants to work out with me and she wants me to teach her how to eat better ! My 18 year old stay with her boyfriend alot they are talking about marriage so .

Tomorrow we are going grocery shopping and I will be getting some different things for us to eat I hope to even get a work out in too....
Old 03-02-2013, 12:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Well, I guess we are all starting over with the new month. I'm trying to get my act together as well. We can do this.

Ruthie - So glad you heard from Rie and she is okay.

Bonnie - Glad you have more space to work out and teaching your daughter how to eat right and her working out together will be fun and productive for the 2 of you plus a great mother/daughter relationship builder.

slmn - I'll post the Beef Jerky recipe in the recipe section.

Madeleine - I thought you posted a cheesecake recipe in the recipe section but couldn't find it. Do you still have it? I would like to get it if you do.

Snow is everywhere here. So beautiful. Guess the what a lady at church told her daughter is true. 2 weeks ago she heard thurnder when it was snowing and she said "If you hear thunder when it snows, you'll have snow again in 14 days. Go figure.

Y'all have a nice week end.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:52 PM   #6  
NeNe

S/C/G: 200/187/165

Height: 5'6"

Hope it's Ok to join in with you gals. I too suffer with type 2 diabetes. I have had it under control for about a year, but at the end of last year, I recognized (or admitted) that I had put 38 lbs on and my sugars were on the rise again. My eyes were giving me some trouble as well. I am also very concerned about diabetic neuropathy as I have had three neurolysis surgeries on my feet and knees just get some feeling back so I really want to keep my sugars in the Ok range. They won't ever be great, but as long as my mornings are in the 120-130's I am satisfied and so is the doc. Thus my reason for getting those stubborn 38 lbs back off.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:13 AM   #7  

Welcome Firegirl. Glad to have you join us. Look forward to getting to know you.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:04 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

Pouring Newman's own coffee for us all. I even have some SF Irish Cream syrup so we can celebrate St. P. Day a tad early.

Firegirl. Here's your mug.

Been offline a bit. On Friday night I managed to slice the side off my middle finger, left hand and have been dealing with that and feeling a tad sorry for myself. Never try to take the cork out of a wine bottle with a knife when you've mislaid the corkscrew. I really should have gone to the ER for stitches but didn't since it was late. It's pretty sore but the bleeding has stopped. Sure was scary for a while though.

Food has not been good although I've avoided sugar. Claire brought me a roasted chicken from the grocery store which is doing me along with some salad greens. I'm just poking along doing my best.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:23 PM   #9  

Ruthie Sorry to hear about your finger. When I worked at a sewing factory years ago, they trained me on the surger machine which I loved using. However, I had to really watch what I was doing because as my speed improved, I sliced the midde finger of my left hand a few times. I didn't go for stitches either, but it healed nicely.

I've not been really great with OP either, kind of easing back into the way I ate when growing up. I've read all the ideas "everybody" has about eating and decided that while I didn't have a name for it growing up, "my normal" was eating either 2 meals or 1 meal and a snack each day. I ate more like a combination of Intermittent Fasting and Intuitive Eating. The only thing I'm doing different is that I'm doing it healthier now by adding low carb/low calorie to it. I am fasting 16 hrs and eat during an 8 hr window.

I have a batch of beef jerky in the oven. I read where some people make it with hamburger meat, but not sure how that would work. However, I saw some cubed steaks in the store yesterday and decided to try making jerky with it. I'll let y'all know how it turns out.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:33 PM   #10  
NeNe

Thanks for the warm welcome! I have been eating OP but still not it ketosis. I guess I got to go back to measuring and weighing everything. I went to the pool and worked out for an hour. I feel much more energetic now. Hope everyone else had a good Monday.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:30 PM   #11  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Welcome to the Family Firegirl441.

Well I have not been able to get on plan or get any workout done have been running our butt off went to the store sunday and come home to find the main water line under the concrete floor is broke and then water started filling in the living room and closets in hallway. Now we have to come up with the moolah to get it fixed and believe me it isnt cheap. So we have been busy on the phone and doing doing doing . I jest hope we get it fixed . Have no water been taking showers over at the uncles house .We need to get it fixed. But we will soon .

I hope you all have had a better day then me...
Old 03-05-2013, 07:10 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

Butterfly, so sorry you had such a sucky day. Raising my coffee mug to a better Tuesday for you.

Skipped gym yesterday because my darned finger was bleeding a bit but did go to quilters meeting since it was in the Clinic boardroom. I had Nurse Jane look at my finger and change the bandage. She debated stitching it but decided it was already healing. I guess I'll live.

Weight has really been bothering me so I am going to go as low carb as possible, monitoring my blood to be sure it doesn't get too low. I also need to be more faithful with taking my meds. I'm a tad scared lately as my weight seems to be climbing and I dread ever seeing 200 on my scale. I seem to have been on a diet for the past 60 years with very poor results.

Enough griping! I have a contractor coming at 8 so need to get dressed and put on the coffee before he gets here. (It's my cousin Paul so we always have a family visit first.)
Old 03-05-2013, 07:31 PM   #13  

Ruthie I was having a difficult time with weight and fbs too, but I think I have finally found a way of eating (not calling it a diet) that is becoming a lifestyle for me. I just suddenly realized that the way I am choosing to eat now with a few adjustments is exactly the way I ate when I as growing up and was thin and pretty healthy. Since this is the way I ate whenever people left me alone and let me do my own thing, I've decided that it is the way my body likes me to eat and in the past it rewarded me with a thinner and healthier me. And I was much happier. LOL So that is the way I'm eating.

Bonnie I sure hope today was much nicer to you tha yesterday.

We went out to eat today at Golden Corral. I ate what I wanted but I only ate few bites and actually left food on my plate. Even left about half of my dessert that I always eat when I go there. I heard someone say that we only "really" enjoy the 1st few bites of what we want. I'm beginning to believe that is true because when we left I told DH, "I shouldn't have eaten the last few bites of the dessert because I didn't like the way it made me feel". Funny thing is that I only got what I thought was just a few bites of the foods to start with, but it was too much. I realize that I like feeling "lite" after eating a meal and I felt like I had something heavy in my gut when we got in the car. When I was a teen, I hated dates who took me out to a restaurant to eat. I would rather just go somewhere for just a cold drink and maybe steak basket. I just didn't like going somewhere where I thought I had to order a whole meal and eat all of it. I would actually get so nervous I would get sick at my stomach just thinking about it. Boy did that change somewhere. LOL
Old 03-05-2013, 10:58 PM   #14  
NeNe

Butterfly: sorry to hear about the water problems at your house. I hope all went well with the contractor.

Ruthie: I hope that finger starts healing and quits bleeding. That is no fun.

patty: sounds like you did well controlling your eating at Golden Corral. DH and I agreed to not do any buffet eating until I reach my goal weight.

I stayed OP today and exercised at the pool again. I am up to 150 stomach crunchies today.

Last edited by firegirl441; 03-05-2013 at 10:58 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-06-2013, 07:02 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

I am most impressed by the crunches, Firegirl! (I almost called you Firefly.) I try to do some at the gym but getting down onto the floor is pretty hard as I have a limited-bending artificial knee. I am hoping I can manage to get down there today and maybe even do a couple of longer planks.

Day 1 of Atkins induction went well. I ended the day with 1121 calories and 23 carbs, 6 or them fiber. I'm a tad worried over the low fiber and may poop up the veggies - bad word choice but you get my drift? My FBGL this morning was 5.6 or 100.8, a bit high for me so I'll keep a close eye on it.

Happy Hump Day, Chickies!
Closed Thread