Old 03-03-2013, 09:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/144/135.

Height: 5'2"

Default Almost in tears, WI is tomorrow

So, today, at the same time I would have have my appointment tomorrow, i stood on the scale (new one I got yesteerday) with the clothes i wear every week and i have not lost a thing in TWO weeks. Last week we blamed it on TOM. Wednesday i came down with a cold but that can't be the reason. I did lose 3inches last week, of course won't know about inches until tomorrow. I have stuck to the protocal to the T, even over doing the water. Not even a taste of my son's birthday cake or a sip of wine at a card club get together. I cannot continue to pay $100 a week and stay platued.

And no, i am not constipated.

So frustrated.

Thanks for reading

Jac
Gonna really try is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonna really try View Post
So, today, at the same time I would have have my appointment tomorrow, i stood on the scale (new one I got yesteerday) with the clothes i wear every week and i have not lost a thing in TWO weeks. Last week we blamed it on TOM. Wednesday i came down with a cold but that can't be the reason. I did lose 3inches last week, of course won't know about inches until tomorrow. I have stuck to the protocal to the T, even over doing the water. Not even a taste of my son's birthday cake or a sip of wine at a card club get together. I cannot continue to pay $100 a week and stay platued.

So frustrated.

Thanks for reading

Jac
Look at what I highlighted...colds cause inflamation which is water retention. That definitely causes a "gain."

I just wrapped up a true plateau (4 weeks with zero pounds and zero inches lost). This past week I had 4 non-restricted packets each day and finally lost 1.5 pounds at my weigh-in.

Stick with it!
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:51 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Talk to your coach when you go in and see if anything can be tweaked. I had three weeks of very low losses then we talked it over, she made some suggestions and poof - it really really helped.

Hang in there. I know it can be so frustrating but please don't give up!!
IPdivajen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:52 AM   #4  
Started IP 01/31/13

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Who really knows exactly why, but hang in there. This diet works.
Msbehaving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:52 AM   #5  

Quote:
First, if you lost 3 INCHES, you were NOT PLATEAUED. We need to get away from only using the scale to measure our losses. We can be losing FAT and not losing weight on the scale (scale doesn't just measure fat loss, it measure overall weight).

And second, yes, the cold CAN be a cause. Inflammation is water weight. A cold causes inflammation.

Lastly, with the relatively small amount of weight you have to lose, your losses are going to be smaller. So little things like TOM or a cold will affect the scale. A true stall or plateau would be no change in scale OR measurements. You had a THREE INCH reduction last week. Congratulations!

This plan works. Trust it.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:52 AM   #6  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Sorry that you're frustrated.

Most of us have been there, but if you stick to the plan it will work. You may also find that your new scale is calibrated differently than the one that you use for your official weigh in.
Lizzy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:08 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 180/148.0/160

Height: 5'11"

In the third month I was on IP, I went an entire month with no weight loss even though I stayed OP 100%. I did lose inches, but I decided not to give up. I actually quit weighing myself because I didn't want to get frustrated. I just "knew" I would continue to lose if I stayed on plan and eventually I did. It really helped me to read the posts on this forum, because every day someone was posting with the same problem. Not none person that followed the plan has not been successful! This is said over and over, but is true: "trust the plan and it works". Don't give up!! Try not to get frustrated! You will get past this no matter how much time it takes!
gazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:16 AM   #8  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

I've tested my scale by weighing right after driving home from WI with my coach and they are usually different. There is no way I could have gain 0.5lbs in a 15-minute drive so it has to be a variation in the scale. Try it out a few times to see if you can predict what the difference will be. Also if you aren't doing the WI first thing in the morning after a trip to the bathroom and before ingesting anything including water, there are going to be day to day variations from your water or food.

Stress over the scale won't help your progress either. If stepping on the scale causes you frustration between WI then stop stepping on the scale. Trust the program and it will work. If you do use the scale at home, take note of what it says but trust yourself and your actions more than the number it spits out on any given day.
KitKat169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:48 AM   #9  
SWP

S/C/G: 177.8/169.8/160

Height: 5'7"

You bought a new scale yesterday? I'm guessing that means you are comparing your weight from another scale then. EVERY machine is different and you need to use only one for comparison.

My scale at home was always about 4lbs less than what my coach has while it's a 1lb more than what my doctor's office has.

Before you get worried, check your weight on the same scale to get a better idea.

Quote:

So frustrated.

Thanks for reading

Jac
SWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:22 AM   #10  
Getting there!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/158

Height: 5'6

I understand. I wake up super excited to strip down and get on my scale and when it increases or stays the same, I think about it all day (negative self talk). I am putting too much power into a number...I hope to evolve in my ways.
workingit50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:01 PM   #11  

Your coach probably told you to stay off the scale between weigh ins. This is why!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:20 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 216/209.6/180

Height: 5'9

All the info you got was really good so please don't stress yourself out. Wait till you get to weigh in and see what the numbers are and you can talk it out with your coach. Stressing will not help. I have been going on the scale just for fun at home and NOTHING is consistant. One weigh-in it matched my coaches scale and one it didn't. I go on 3 or 4 times a day and every single time it is a different number in a 5 pound range. I do not let any of the numbers get to me and just wait for "official" weigh-in. And really even the official weight is relative as it depends on what time of day you are going. Don't forget about those inches too especially on your frame those are going to add up and show. Your clothes will be falling off soon.
ladylunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:47 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 211/159/140

You probably expected it to be easy. Pay $100 a week for diet food and 3 months later, you emerge at your dream weight. Guess what? Loosing weight takes some hard work and determination. And it really is your choice. Give up once the going gets a bit tough and stay as you are or bite your teeth together and show you have some fight in you. If others could do it, so can you. And I would be glad to loose inches. Really, stop listening to the IP infomercial and just focus on loosing. Whether it be inches or pounds does not matter in the end. Both mean smaller clothes sizes a couple of months from now. That is what ultimately is important.
Lolo70 is offline   Reply With Quote