Maintainer Introductions our stories and photos

Old 03-02-2013, 01:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

Default Maintaining for a year now

March 2012 is when I stopped losing weight, so that puts me at a year of maintenance now. I lost 35lb, which was 25% of my body weight. Like many people, I originally aimed for one weight, then decided to try 5lb below that, then decided that the original planned weight looked better on me. So I'm 105lb rather than 100lb, largely because it's enough trouble finding trousers already!

Here's a not-very-good photo from the other month, in rather baggy clothes but you get the idea.

It's not been a great year in other ways, between my health and a relationship breakup, but hey, I'm still slim and loving it! I was this size for most of my adult life, and after the usual delay in getting used to my new shape, it feels almost like I've never been away. Although I had nicer curves when I was younger, but you can't get everything.

For people wondering what methods I used, it was calorie counting plain and simple. I was already on a pretty healthy vegan diet. No exercise, as I can't due to having severe ME/CFS. If I had a penny for everyone who told me that you can't lose weight without exercise, I'd be a rich woman. I'm sure it's great for those who are able to do it, but it really is possible to lose weight without it.

I meant to keep calorie counting after losing weight, but first I had gallbladder surgery, and then life generally got in the way. Thankfully I've settled into maintenance fine. A friend got me to join Graze the other month, and that led to too much snacking for a few weeks, until I realised that I was stress-eating and stopped buying the snacks, which solved that problem.

I noticed the new BMI being reported recently. It seems sensible. People always did say that it wasn't fair on taller people, and the shorter ones were probably just keeping quiet about it. It takes my BMI at my highest weight from 28.4 to 30.2, which is over the threshold into obesity. That startled me, but to be honest I always suspected it. My current BMI is 21.2 on the old BMI, 22.5 on the new BMI, and that seems about right.

Last edited by Esofia; 03-02-2013 at 02:01 PM.
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:09 PM   #2  

Height: 5'8.5"

Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Congratulations, Esofia ! Great job !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:12 PM   #4  
drifting downward!

S/C/G: (HW 194) 175/168/140

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Esofia! As someone with CFS, I really loved when your voice was a more frequent presence on this forum. You've been missed. So glad to hear that you are doing well with maintaining your weight loss - congrats on your one year milestone! I'm glad that your achievement here has been a bright spot amongst other trying parts of life.
Desiderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:13 AM   #5  
Workin' It

Congratulations Esofia! Woo!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:52 PM   #6  
8 mos maintainer

S/C/G: 212/154/154

Height: 5' 7.5"

Congrats on a year!
TriciaV is offline   Reply With Quote