Old 03-01-2013, 02:27 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'0"

I am very proud of you!! I know that was difficult for you but it sounds like in the end you came out the victor.

10 pounds!!! WOW!! Now you can really get ready for your wonderful trip with help from the clinic.
kileymed13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:41 PM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Good for you! And size 18 pants to boot

As for alternatives I will likely get a blast from the IP purists for posting this.

But I am very annoyed that many of the clinics in Canada have switched to protidiet and protithin products and change at last double what we were able to buy them for online from Canadian sources.

Since these IP clinics have started doing this we can no longer get the proti stuff directly from the previous sellers. We can order it from American sources but have to pay huge shipping fees and duty.

It seems to me that if the clinics that switched had the power to stop the online sale of proti products (and also because IP and Proti products are all made in Quebec) there is likely a connection between the two types of products.

So all her talk about carefully checking the formula is just blah blah blah.I suspect they are all produced the same.

So add fuel to my simmering over this is the fact the proti products I buy from US sources all have made in Quebec stamped on them yet I have to pay duty on them to bring them back into Canada.

I don't see any advantage for you to go back to her before your trip.
After such a huge loss your body will need to stabalize and next week will likely be the same weight or up a tad. I wouldn't give her the opprtunity to say I told you so,if that happens.

This may not be pertenent to your situation but it gave me a chance to vent!

Again kudos on your tremendous success and the great jean size. You are going to enjoy your trip so much more now that you have come so far on your weight loss journey.

Pat
Pat: I'm not sure anyone here is enough of an IP purist to do any blasting
I'd be annoyed too! You start on one program with one product and then they change on you. Can they even call themselves an IP clinic anymore if they aren't using IP products?

The whole reason people here use alts is to SAVE MONEY! If they cost the same as IP, I doubt too many would make the change (except maybe to try some different flavors or to get an unrestricted oatmeal)

Sorry this is happening to you!
(Sorry to threadjack, Ninjanurse)
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:48 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Thank you everyone!!! I was walking around and spending money with pride. I felt like a size 6.

I went to the Vanity Fair outlet and got a pr of jeans for $5. New underwear and socks.
Picked up my brand new glasses.
Next Faunce Corner to get my alternatives. They were out of Proti-Diet Beef veggie soup!!

I did buy 2 Quest bars to try. Had the Strawberry Cheesecake for lunch. SO SO SO good.

By now, I was on a mission, to JCP I went. There is a Sephora department there. Splurged on some anti-aging stuff.
Got a cute pair of flats on clearance and some sterling silver loops for my ears.

Finished off at Target, getting stuff for the trip and my daughter.

Patns I still have to get food so my coach is willing to see me, I'll get the WI. I HOPE I don't have a gain. This is how it started 2wks ago with a 3.4lb gain and then only a .6loss. This was the whoosh I knew would come.
I totally don't believe the alternatives I used 3-4x a week had anything to do with it. But I will tell you Smooth Move tea is in my 3xwk rotation.

lisa32989 No need to apologize. I agree 100%. I told my coach I really loved the oatmeal and soup.

Off to make dinner.

I can't thank you all enough for your kind words.
NinjaNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:14 PM   #19  
Starting over: 7/29/2015

S/C/G: 257/251/150

Height: 5'3"

Good for you, NinjaNurse! I have been thinking about "breaking up", too. But I am a total no-backbone wimp and avoid confrontations like the plague!
I do about half alternatives and half IP. Since I started that, my weight loss has been pretty much the same. For me, a big loss week is almost always followed by a small loss, so don't sweat that. But I've never had a 10 lbs loss!! Wow!
Enjoy your trip!
tam67green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:26 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 211/159/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
But I am very annoyed that many of the clinics in Canada have switched to protidiet and protithin products and change at last double what we were able to buy them for online from Canadian sources.

Since these IP clinics have started doing this we can no longer get the proti stuff directly from the previous sellers. We can order it from American sources but have to pay huge shipping fees and duty.

It seems to me that if the clinics that switched had the power to stop the online sale of proti products (and also because IP and Proti products are all made in Quebec) there is likely a connection between the two types of products.
Actually, I followed up on Protidiet one day and came tho their web site, protifoods. If you are familiar with IP web site and the story of the diet, you will find the http://www.protifoods.com/diets-i-5.html information sounds familiar. I first thought this may be a Chinese hack web site, but then searched internationally.

The French site seems to be the more established site (http://www.protidiet.fr/qui-sommes-nous.php) and it tells the same old story. If you go to the diet information site (http://www.protidiet.fr/diete.php) you will actually see the different phases of the diet. If that sounds familiar (you may need google translate), then you are not alone. Let's also remember that the original diet started somewhere in France. Voila. I think the Protidiet products were the original IP diet products. They should therefore work the same.

IP must have split off for whatever reasons. The two plants in Quebec do not seem to be related.
Lolo70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:15 PM   #21  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Way to go lady! Now stop staring at your ticker (that is ALMOST HALFWAY THERE!!!) and enjoy your new pants!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:19 PM   #22  
Started IP 11/28/12

I'm so excited for you. I know you were nervous about having that talk and love the shopping spree you went on with the money you saved!

I also made the leap today to stop seeing my coach. I actually love my coach and the clinic is so so supportive, but I told her that it's just better for me financially to use alternatives. She was supportive of my decision and said I could still come in and use their scale to make sure I was on track. Now THAT is a great coach! Love her! Her name is Rachel at Bothell Chiropractic and Wellnes if anybody is interested.
amberjules is offline   Reply With Quote