South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 06:42 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Finally Friday! March 1 Chat.

Good morning and WELCOME March! I do like getting a new month, particularly after grumping my way through February. I think I also grumped my way through the month since the scale gave me a bit of an unpleasant shock this morning. Taking a break from daily weighing does NOT work for me.

Interesting Fair Board meeting last night as we discussed entertainment for the July fair. We looked at several singers for the big Saturday night show - most of them C&W. I know nothing about C&W but was quite appalled at some of the riders on the contracts - one woman wanted a private make-up room and a specific type of chewing gum - 20 packages. We are just a small country Fair and performers are lucky if they get a trailer for make-up. For $12,000 you can buy your own gum and do your make-up using the rear view mirror! We've not yet decided who to have for the show but settled a lot of other things.

Donna and I are off to the gym this morning and then the rest of the day is mine. I do have a funeral to attend tomorrow afternoon and must also do a bit of baking for "the lunch". That should keep me out of trouble - I bake with surgical gloves, gum and a glass of water beside me.

On we go, marching into March!
Old 03-01-2013, 06:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Ruth!!! It's kinda cool you're helping pick out the entertainment, but I would want nothing to do with it! I am looking forward to March coming on and saying good bye to the bitter weather.

At 2 pm today, I AM ON VACATION!!!! I am so afraid the last thing I will do before I will leave is put down a cat for a woman I adore as a client, but crossing my fingers a miracle happened overnight. We leave for NC tomorrow AM, spend a few days at granny and papa's (the inlaws...), drive up the outer banks for a day or two, then to Williamsburg VA for a couple of days. I hope it is relaxing and uneventful! I probably won't be on here much, but will definately be when I get back....I would like to be down about 8 lbs, but it is so hard to lose such a small amount!

Okay chicks, I got myself all excited about time off. I guess I should get the kiddos up for their last day of school before break .
Old 03-01-2013, 07:03 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Happy vacation, Tammy. I hope your day is smooth.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning. Wow such divas. I thought CW singers would be more grounded. I agree with TwynnB I would not want that task either. The fair does sound like a lot of fun.

TwynnB vacations are so exciting!! Cannot wait to hear about it. I too have been cutting down on FB. Still a great spying tool for my DS lol.

Morning to all the chicks to come

Made a huge pot of creamy butternut squash soup last night. Planning on making the taco pizza and hummus pizza tomorrow. Trying to switch up the weekly menu as I am getting tired of salad. Oh how I miss buying my veggies at the farm stand.

Going to be a little challenging balancing time for the next few days. Nancy and Jim will be in PA for her brother's funeral. So Rylee and the cats will need some extra loving this weekend. Hopefully I can take two hours off Sunday and Monday. My pups are used to long days, but I don't know if Rylee can hold out as long.

Off to Joe's today, dinner with girls tomorrow, cleaning, cooking and a few other chores before back to work Sunday. My first vacation block is in May and I cannot wait!

Enjoy your day!
Old 03-01-2013, 07:12 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ruth, I'll come up there and sing any style music you wish for half that amount. How's that?

Tammy, woohoo, vacation!!! Be safe, and remember to relax and enjoy yourself!

I'm leaving in a few minutes to take my car in for an oil change and check-up, and Jake wants to come along so we can go over to Cracker Barrel for breakfast while waiting on my car to get done. Afterwards, it's grocery shopping (yes, my hubby loves to go grocery shopping. ), then home to get laundry done before running up to visit Mom.

Happy 1st Day of March!
Old 03-01-2013, 08:57 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning, March is coming in like a lion down here, snow and more snow, the roads were a bit slick this morning but not too bad

Ruth- that sounds interesting to be able to pick the entertainment

Twynn- enjoy your vacation

Jennifer sounds like you have a busy weekend ahead enjoy

Cottage- enjoy your errands today

I am planning on leaving work early to go pick up the suv from the repair shop- it needed new brakes and a another sensor that went bad- nice huge bill but hopefully it will be good to go for a long while.

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 03-01-2013, 10:34 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It was supposed to be a day off and I was relaxing in bed at 8:30 when work called. So much for a full day off. Can't really do much about it when our bill is about to be voted out of committee (we hope). Oh well, I'll call it a half day and carry the other half for another Friday.

This afternoon we are off to Trader Joes then a little shopping, dinner, and an Indigo Girls concert. I can't wait

Ruth - The scale and I are so not speaking. I had the same experience with tracking food. I just can't ignore it.

Jennifer - I've been looking at the hummus pizza. Let us know how it is please

Tammy - sounds like a fun week. Hope you all have a great time

Cottage - hope there's a breather in that plan for your day off. Hope the sun is out there

Rose

I made a nice breakfast (ww raisin bread french toast and quiche) and now I'm trying for the shower. Work can survive without me for 10 minutes!

Happy Friday friends
Old 03-01-2013, 06:51 PM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Poor internet has made posting almost impossible today....and I've been in Denver with mom all day. Keeping my fingers to see ya'll tomorrow...it's my early day at work so it will probably be later.

Take care everyone!
Old 03-01-2013, 08:49 PM   #9  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Busy weekend ahead! Just wanted to pop in and say hi!
Closed Thread