View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 01:40 PM   #31
Debrasb

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcheech View Post
It's very true... She has no clue how to cook without carbs. She's obsessed with smothering food in bread crumbs then frying it. That's a very god idea actually. maybe just make my own food. at least I'll be sitting at the dinner table with the fam. She does want to cook for me. But every time she tries, she fails.
Would it be wrong to write her a list? lol

(
We have had several similar situations, both with my own mom and my husbands. With my husband's family, we bring our own food but we bring enough to share. So, I might make grilled fish and roasted cauliflower with a big salad, bring a large amount so that it's not just for us but can add to the table.

There have been other times when I just brought our food and we ate it while everyone else ate theirs, but the bring for all model seemed to make my MIL happier because then it still feels like a family meal.

At my own mother's house, I do the cooking and tell my mom the ingredients to have on hand. Then we are still together in the kitchen but I'm in charge and know that everything is edible for us. For the most part, the meal for all is OP even though it's just me and hubby that are actually on IP.