Old 03-01-2013, 10:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Default Breaking up is hard to do, and WHOA!!!!!!!!! (LONG)

I did it ladies (and gents)!! I had 'the talk' with my coach. I wasn't fully awake and nervous, so afraid she would think I am failing. (Yes, that WAS one of my reasons for not talking to her.)

Well, it went better than (but as) expected. I told her we needed to talk and how I was feeling for awhile. How I felt about last weeks interaction. How I didn't think we had bonded despite all the time I have been going to the clinic. I told her I understood that since I was doing so well and didn't really have any ?? because I was on 3FC and a friends of mine had gone through the program. (They must freakin hate 3FC!!) I came clean with the alternatives. She understood why I was trying alternatives. She did not get mad, she seemed disappointed. She said that I could buy food from them but I couldn't get monitored. I said I understood completely, I expected it, that it is a hard decision, I want the accountability.

She explained to me that using alternatives could bump me out of ketosis and slow my wgt loss. I told her I didn't believe that, that friends of mine were strictly alternative and lost wgt and that if ketosis was so fragile to maintain, how can this diet work if we eat 1 thing off plan?? (I don't mean cheat, I mean out of necessity.) She said Dr. Barley looked in to these products when they 1st came out and they weren't the same formula as IP.

BUT I did start to wonder given how things had been going the past 2wks. Did I make a mistake using alternatives??

She told me it was a medically monitored program. I said, you don't check my labs or B/P. (Ok, this was me getting feisty, it wasn't really confrontational.) She then said that if there was a pattern of gain or little loss, it would be brought to the attention of Dr. Barley and he would talk to the client.

Finally, I said, will you at least weigh me today??? I have on size 18 (Thanks Scorbett) pants that were too tight two weeks ago.

She said of course and I think was EXPECTING pretty much the same WI as the previous 2wks esp since I came clean with the alternatives.

Well, she couldn't even write down what the scale was telling her at 1st, she almost dropped my file.

TEN POUNDS GONE!!!!!!!!!!!! And about a 2inch loss. She was so flabbergasted, (As was I) I didn't ask her to add it up, but I did see the new measurements.

She was like, um........I have to show Dr. Barley this. I kind of felt bad for her at that point. I in no way think she wanted me to fail just so she could be right, I think she was truly surprised.

She looked at me, almost tears in her eyes. She asked me not to do alternatives for the next 2wks until I go to Ireland. (I thought about it) I told her I couldn't promise her that. That the thought of just the IP non-restricts made me want to barf. I KNOW people who stay 100% IP with no problem, totally puffed up with pride as I mentioned Wuv and Dr. Tran. (It was like do you know who I know?? )

We agreed that I would see her the next two weeks before I left for Ireland. I told her we would not discuss the alternatives anymore but if we had to part ways, at least it would be at at good time.

She also wanted to talk to me about phasing and my trip.

It seemed like the 1st time we actually talked. And she seemed genuinely happy for me.

I told her, I truly believe in the program, that **** I may go work for that Dr in England someday. (IP is going through GB and Ireland, to start in July, I have been in touch with the director of the program there.) Maybe this will have them think about adding Alternatives in to the clinic.

It would be great to not only want to make money, but truly help everyone, not just those that can afford IP.

Anyway, I am beside myself, I have a lot to errands to run and want to treat myself, NOT FOOD, but I can't think of how.

THANK YOU ALL for helping me and your continued support!!!

Last edited by NinjaNurse; 03-01-2013 at 10:57 AM.
NinjaNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:07 AM   #2  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

That is outstanding!

How about a nice travel pillow for a treat? Might make sleeping on the plane a bit easier.
M35A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:53 AM   #3  

Talk about a weight off your shoulders!

Wow!
Glad the conversation is behind you, you said what needed saying and can move on & look at you go!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:57 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaNurse View Post
I did it ladies (and gents)!! I had 'the talk' with my coach. I wasn't fully awake and nervous, so afraid she would think I am failing. (Yes, that WAS one of my reasons for not talking to her.)

Well, it went better than (but as) expected. I told her we needed to talk and how I was feeling for awhile. How I felt about last weeks interaction. How I didn't think we had bonded despite all the time I have been going to the clinic. I told her I understood that since I was doing so well and didn't really have any ?? because I was on 3FC and a friends of mine had gone through the program. (They must freakin hate 3FC!!) I came clean with the alternatives. She understood why I was trying alternatives. She did not get mad, she seemed disappointed. She said that I could buy food from them but I couldn't get monitored. I said I understood completely, I expected it, that it is a hard decision, I want the accountability.

She explained to me that using alternatives could bump me out of ketosis and slow my wgt loss. I told her I didn't believe that, that friends of mine were strictly alternative and lost wgt and that if ketosis was so fragile to maintain, how can this diet work if we eat 1 thing off plan?? (I don't mean cheat, I mean out of necessity.) She said Dr. Barley looked in to these products when they 1st came out and they weren't the same formula as IP.

BUT I did start to wonder given how things had been going the past 2wks. Did I make a mistake using alternatives??

She told me it was a medically monitored program. I said, you don't check my labs or B/P. (Ok, this was me getting feisty, it wasn't really confrontational.) She then said that if there was a pattern of gain or little loss, it would be brought to the attention of Dr. Barley and he would talk to the client.

Finally, I said, will you at least weigh me today??? I have on size 18 (Thanks Scorbett) pants that were too tight two weeks ago.

She said of course and I think was EXPECTING pretty much the same WI as the previous 2wks esp since I came clean with the alternatives.

Well, she couldn't even write down what the scale was telling her at 1st, she almost dropped my file.

TEN POUNDS GONE!!!!!!!!!!!! And about a 2inch loss. She was so flabbergasted, (As was I) I didn't ask her to add it up, but I did see the new measurements.

She was like, um........I have to show Dr. Barley this. I kind of felt bad for her at that point. I in no way think she wanted me to fail just so she could be right, I think she was truly surprised.

She looked at me, almost tears in her eyes. She asked me not to do alternatives for the next 2wks until I go to Ireland. (I thought about it) I told her I couldn't promise her that. That the thought of just the IP non-restricts made me want to barf. I KNOW people who stay 100% IP with no problem, totally puffed up with pride as I mentioned Wuv and Dr. Tran. (It was like do you know who I know?? )

We agreed that I would see her the next two weeks before I left for Ireland. I told her we would not discuss the alternatives anymore but if we had to part ways, at least it would be at at good time.

She also wanted to talk to me about phasing and my trip.

It seemed like the 1st time we actually talked. And she seemed genuinely happy for me.

I told her, I truly believe in the program, that **** I may go work for that Dr in England someday. (IP is going through GB and Ireland, to start in July, I have been in touch with the director of the program there.) Maybe this will have them think about adding Alternatives in to the clinic.

It would be great to not only want to make money, but truly help everyone, not just those that can afford IP.

Anyway, I am beside myself, I have a lot to errands to run and want to treat myself, NOT FOOD, but I can't think of how.

THANK YOU ALL for helping me and your continued support!!!
I am sooooo happy for you. Going "Rogue" has been the best for me as well. Have a safe and fun trip..!!!
A1Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:04 PM   #5  
IP Start date 12/18/12

S/C/G: 228.4/171/165

Height: 5 ft 10 inches

I'm so glad you had the talk. It must feel like such a relief.
BeccaGrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:20 PM   #6  
IP start date 2/4/13

Height: 5'10"

Good for you, what a release!! Congrats on asserting yourself and making yourself your #1 priority. So proud!
SFNinerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:23 PM   #7  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Glad that your talk went so well. It must be a hugh relief to have that over with. I wish I'd been a fly on the wall when your coach saw that 10 lb weight loss!
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:28 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 255/196/180

Good for you and you must be so relieved at how well it went! And excuse me 10lbs!!!! That's fantastic!!
mquinn106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:59 PM   #9  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

I'm sooo happy that you had a good experience (better than expected).

By the way... Being in ketosis ISN'T that hard to do. I did it for six months on Atkins, eating twice as many "calories" a day as I do on IP, and was in ketosis. I do get a little irritated hearing about going out of ketosis because one little thing is ingested that is not on plan. (My personal peeve on this diet) Dr. Tran didn't invent it!

I had the talk with my coach 2 weeks ago. He said he'd still see me, but he gave me "the look" and pretty much didn't want to hear about it. I told him it was for financial reasons. I didn't tell him it was for FLAVOR reasons too.

Well, he went and got a "real job" and his wife has now taken over the daily clinic duties, and today was my first meeting with her...

I'd met her at orientation, and she was there my very first weigh in. I did not get good vibes from her. Every question I asked (because of serious medical concerns) was "Just follow the plan and it will work." I heard that several times in my 20 min visit.

I was very uptight about seeing her this morning. I KNEW my weight loss was good (because I weigh in every day at home anyway)...but I'm on 2/3 alternatives.

She was ecstatic about my weight loss. She wanted me to use the water/muscle mass dohickie I think is a waste of time, and I said no. (Charge extra for me to hold it for 10 seconds...right!) She did NOT bother me about my food choices I am purchasing from her (I don't eat restricted items), she DID give me the look, even pointed out verbally she was giving me the look about the alternatives, and I shrugged and said, "I can't afford it."

And she offered to help me organize a plan for my 2 week vacation coming up the end of the month.

All in all, I was pretty pleased with her today, and I might rethink the going it alone. I don't think I NEED her... We'll see. I'll give her/them the benefit of the doubt...for now.

I'm just happy I don't have the experiences some people have when they must face off with their coaches. And I'm in Canada, so there is ZERO doctor supervision (I see a GP regularly though!) and I get uptight when they start talking medical stuff/nutrition they have NO IDEA about... She didn't go there with me, so we're on good terms so far.
leannekarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:11 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Good for you! And size 18 pants to boot

As for alternatives I will likely get a blast from the IP purists for posting this.

But I am very annoyed that many of the clinics in Canada have switched to protidiet and protithin products and change at last double what we were able to buy them for online from Canadian sources.

Since these IP clinics have started doing this we can no longer get the proti stuff directly from the previous sellers. We can order it from American sources but have to pay huge shipping fees and duty.

It seems to me that if the clinics that switched had the power to stop the online sale of proti products (and also because IP and Proti products are all made in Quebec) there is likely a connection between the two types of products.

So all her talk about carefully checking the formula is just blah blah blah.I suspect they are all produced the same.

So add fuel to my simmering over this is the fact the proti products I buy from US sources all have made in Quebec stamped on them yet I have to pay duty on them to bring them back into Canada.

I don't see any advantage for you to go back to her before your trip.
After such a huge loss your body will need to stabalize and next week will likely be the same weight or up a tad. I wouldn't give her the opprtunity to say I told you so,if that happens.

This may not be pertenent to your situation but it gave me a chance to vent!

Again kudos on your tremendous success and the great jean size. You are going to enjoy your trip so much more now that you have come so far on your weight loss journey.

Pat

Last edited by patns; 03-01-2013 at 01:15 PM.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:18 PM   #11  
Started IP 1/12/13

S/C/G: 267/ticker/167

Height: 5'5

Good for you..you were honest which will get you what you need and hopefully educate her!
jeffiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:39 PM   #12  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

Good for you!!!
Cheekyskeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:43 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 167/152/145

Height: 5'4

Awesome! Way to Geaux!! I am so proud of you! And I'm blown away by the ten pound loss! Have a wonderful day!!
DontGiveUp17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:49 PM   #14  
Started IP: Nov. 2, 2012

S/C/G: 326/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8''

I'm so happy for you! You always give great advice and I'm sure you will do well if you switch to alternatives completely (especially with all the helpful people on this site). Hope you have a great trip and congratulations on the big loss!
Tziri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:01 PM   #15  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

It sounds like you had the best outcome out of a difficult conversation. Well done. Just think of all the challenges you can face knowing that you lived through this one.
KitKat169 is offline   Reply With Quote