Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 06:37 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Friday 3/1/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 03-01-2013, 07:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 184/151/135

Height: 5'2"

I'm down another pound and off to a good start. Weekends are still tough for me but I feel so good that I hope not to sneak anything extra. I had stalled for a long time due to weekend cheats but reading Dr. Tran's book and actually updating this weight tracker helped.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:32 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyRH View Post
I'm down another pound and off to a good start. Weekends are still tough for me but I feel so good that I hope not to sneak anything extra. I had stalled for a long time due to weekend cheats but reading Dr. Tran's book and actually updating this weight tracker helped.
I got his new book (hard copy only) and it is hugely helpful!
Have you made a plan for the weekend that includes what you will do to overcome need for extras? I think a lot of us got used to eating out of boredom. What can you do instead?
Sheer willpower only works for so long. Having a plan is SO important!

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-01-2013 at 07:33 AM.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 219/141/130

Height: 5'1''

Good morning to all,
I have a conference all day today, so I am planning my meals. I wish everyone a great weekend op!
Old 03-01-2013, 07:35 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all,
Congrats Amy on the loss and here's to being back in the saddle to "git 'er done"!

I have also been struggling and at my WI today, am down .4. So happy.

Wishing all a great OP day,
Chloe
Old 03-01-2013, 07:40 AM   #6  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Good morning, everyone! I've got lots on my plate and need to get moving with packing for our big move and putting things on Ebay. (BTW, anyone in the market for a very lightly used Wii and Wii Fit? I'm willing to take a reasonable offer to avoid the whole Ebay hassle. They're in the original boxes and are like new. I just don't use them anymore.)

Anyway, lots of to dos on the list for today and this weekend, and one pound to go to goal. It's ironic that I'm not really looking forward to phasing off of IP.

Hope y'all have a great day! (I discovered pina colada pancakes yesterday ... I already know what I'm having for breakfast!! Yummy!!)
Old 03-01-2013, 07:46 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/144/135.

Unhappy Plugged sinus, scratchy throat.

Really run down. O joy.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:58 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 197/177/160

Height: 5.6

Good morning all, and a BIG goodbye to February ! I have a nice day coming up starting with a massage appt at 11am. Hope you all have a OP weekend.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:26 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Happy Friday and March 1st everyone. With Friday also comes the WI. This week - 2 pounds....

Stay warm if are up north and put your sunscreen on if you are in Texas. Don't need a sunburn at lunch
Old 03-01-2013, 08:31 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 212/185/140

Height: 5'4

Had my weigh in yesterday, I'm down another 3 lbs. Which is very surprising because I was working overnights until Tuesday, and wasn't getting very much sleep. But I also wasn't eating very much either.. Hey i'm not complaining. lol

So I'm reaching a stressful time in my life. I just sold my house last night. yay!!! So I have to worry about packing, and moving.. And my husband and I are moving in his parents basement until at least November, while our new house is being built. We are Italian. And my worst struggle with IP is, that everytime my husband's mother cooks, (God love her) it's never anything I can eat. Once we move in, I don't plan on eating with them every night. But i know they will want us up for Sunday dinners. And there are just so many times I can explain to her, that I can't eat, pasta, or homemade pizza, or breaded chicken/veal cutlets, or deep fried food before I either cave, or snap at her..
I'm so worried that not only is his family, not going to give us the privacy that we need, but that they will always want us to come up for dinner.I really don't know what to do. I've told her several times, things that I can't eat and she just doesn't get it.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:02 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonna really try View Post
Really run down. O joy.
Chicken soup with veggies to the rescue!
Old 03-01-2013, 09:53 AM   #12  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcheech View Post
Had my weigh in yesterday, I'm down another 3 lbs. Which is very surprising because I was working overnights until Tuesday, and wasn't getting very much sleep. But I also wasn't eating very much either.. Hey i'm not complaining. lol

So I'm reaching a stressful time in my life. I just sold my house last night. yay!!! So I have to worry about packing, and moving.. And my husband and I are moving in his parents basement until at least November, while our new house is being built. We are Italian. And my worst struggle with IP is, that everytime my husband's mother cooks, (God love her) it's never anything I can eat. Once we move in, I don't plan on eating with them every night. But i know they will want us up for Sunday dinners. And there are just so many times I can explain to her, that I can't eat, pasta, or homemade pizza, or breaded chicken/veal cutlets, or deep fried food before I either cave, or snap at her..
I'm so worried that not only is his family, not going to give us the privacy that we need, but that they will always want us to come up for dinner.I really don't know what to do. I've told her several times, things that I can't eat and she just doesn't get it.
Wow, that def sounds like a tough one but maybe if she expects you to join them for dinner you can bring/make your own meal and eat with them...it may put her off at first but once she physically sees how you are eating, maybe she'll start adding things to her menu to include you. It's possible that she just doesn't know what a meal without carbs looks like! LOL
Old 03-01-2013, 09:54 AM   #13  
Started IP 2/22/13

S/C/G: 189.2/156.6/130

Default 1st WI

Let me unveil my first WI numbers...4.2 lbs and 3 inches.....yeah....I am so happy. I feel great!!! I don't feel hungry. I'm beyond the headaches....I'm ecstatic <3
Old 03-01-2013, 09:57 AM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbarot View Post
Let me unveil my first WI numbers...4.2 lbs and 3 inches.....yeah....I am so happy. I feel great!!! I don't feel hungry. I'm beyond the headaches....I'm ecstatic <3
Congrats! It's such a great feeling to be able to see fast results. Keep up the great job!
Old 03-01-2013, 09:59 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Happy Friday Everyone! Hope you all enjoy the weekend! It is snowing lightly here and that puts a smile on my face!
Closed Thread