Old 03-01-2013, 05:34 AM   #1  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Arrow Christian Encouragers ~ MARCH Thread

--------------------------------------

Welcome Friends
--------------------------------------

You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support.
This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....
....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servant's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvelous are your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit
to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a
beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great
and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 03-01-2013 at 05:35 AM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:42 AM   #2  
Rosebud

HI EVERYONE ~ well, another month has come & gone; time is flying by so fast, it seems. March is here already, and that means spring is supposed to be on its way, but we had a bunch of ***** fall the last few days and the trees look really pretty totally covered in the stuff. That won't likely last too much longer though, so we'll enjoy it whilst we can.

Went out for my weekly blood tests yesterday, but had to go back to another hospital to take a second draw, as the chemo meds made my blood thicken up too much. So must remember to take my aspirin therapy each day. Any side effects I have had are so mild and short-lived, they are not even worth mentioning, except to PRAIZE GOD and thank you all for answered prayers.

Afterward, we went out shopping; and I picked up piles of fresh veggies, fruit, and a few healthier snacks for the next week. It was so fun to get out and about, and get some walking in too. Can't wait until the snow starts to clear off all the roads (mostly just the main ones for now), so we can go for daily walks. Wanna practice walking with the walker first, then without it after that just to see how it goes.

Hope you all have a MARVELLOUS MONTH OF MARCH ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 03-01-2013 at 05:44 AM.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 226.4/224.4/175

Height: 5'10"

Rosebud, You can do it! There is something special about Spring. It's like a new beginning. I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Praise be to God!
Renee3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Rosebud, so happy you are not having bad effects from chemo. Good planning on the shopping.
I have found that planning ahead is key in the weight loss game.
God's Blessing to all.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:50 AM   #5  

Good morning! Well, my weight in wasn't as bad as I thought it would be...I have to get back on track this week. Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Rosebud, I hope you continue to feel better
Old 03-02-2013, 10:42 AM   #6  
Rosebud

THANKS, EVERYONE ~ yes, I am doing great; had no symptoms other than a couple short hot flashes after eating, but that could be hormones and a result of the full hysterectomy too. No nausea yesterday or today so didn't even have to take any meds; but I have some here if I need them.

PRAIZE GOD -- I'm doing fab!

Getting my eating back on track again; had some treats yesterday, but the week overall was good. DH was very confused yesterday but finally has calmed down now. Hope he has a good day today. We had leftover roast beef dinner last night and tonight, I am going to make that into a beef stew with dumplings.

We have a wee bit of ***** falling right now; but not too much. Our furry baby got away on DH this am, so he had a nice romp down the road, but my BIL was able to find him with no difficulty; and he's such a good boy that he came right away.

Just takin' it easy today; all our housechores were done during the week. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 03-02-2013 at 10:42 AM.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:15 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Looked out the window this morning to huge beautiful **** flakes falling. It is beautiful scene outside my window. Especially in back where the little lake is... looks like a Christmas card scene. So beautiful.

Rosebud I praise God you are doing so well and having little or no side effects. I saw Dr. Becker's Your Health show yesterday who is a Cancer Survivor. He recommends drinking organic Goji berry juice to protect yourself from chemotherapy side effects. It is good for loads of other things that I was interested in but I thought of you and others I know who are having chemotherapy treatments. In fact, he talke about 4 juices to use to improve health that I plan to get and start taking. DH and I take so many vitamins and I'm trying to learn to not only eat healthier, but also find other suppliments we can use without taking so many vitamins.

Prayers continue for everyone. Have a nice weekend.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:19 AM   #8  

Good morning everyone! Another beautiful day that the Lord has made! Hope you all have a great week and stay focused on your health. Together we can do it!
Old 03-03-2013, 10:50 AM   #9  
Rosebud

TRISH ~ yes, I also have been studying the natural healing properties of different foods, as is most of my family and many friends. I am adding in anything that could possibly help my health in any way -- esp focusing on more bright colored veggies (reds, oranges, greens, etc); and of course, lots of bright colored fruit (i.e. apricots).

I am also taking some vitamins that were recommended by the doctors too (Vitamin D + B complex); plus a Daily with minerals, and Vitamin A, C, E that will help my skin, hair, and immune system.

RENEE ~ we awoke to lovely winter plus beautiful snowflakes falling straight down; looking out these big windows over the lake, looks like a snowglobe. So pretty and nice for a relaxing Sunday.

Unfortuneately, DH isn't having a good weekend; he is having some anxiety about "unfounded dangers" -- of course, it's the part of Alzheimers that brings out lots of paranoid thoughts. Today, he is refusing to eat and drink becuz he thinks someone may try to harm him through that. He says that's why he wants to go home ... (Don't worry, we won't let that go on long; he's out shovelling and that will make him hungry. If an emergency situation arises, we will call an ambulance and have him taken to the hospital so they can hydrate/feed him, etc.)

Of course, we are trying to help him realize that it is best for us if we stay here until the chemo treatments are done (5 more to go). We are praying that he will accept that we are so blessed to be here, and to have loving family taking care of us 24/7. We are trying to structure his day to keep his mind occupied with good thoughts, but it is difficult at times.

Otherwise, we are having a relaxing Sunday; just taking it easy. I was able to go up and down the basement stairs yesterday. I wanted to throw a couple of loads in the laundry and was able to do that with no problems. I was so happy to see that my health has improved that much already.

Hope you all have a Superbly Serene Sunday today ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 03-03-2013 at 10:53 AM.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:33 PM   #10  

Rosebud Isn't it wonderful to have docs who understand about vitamins etc and their place in our healthy treatments. I am blessed to have a doctor like that. Praise God for your smart team of doctors and that they have you on such a good vitamins so you are improving so well. Praying for your DH as well.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:24 AM   #11  

Well, it's cold and windy here today, but I know Spring is around the corner. Might be a bit hard to stay focused on my diet, going to Red Lobster for dinner. I know I can eat healthy there so long as I stay away from the cheese biscuits Have a blessed day!
Old 03-04-2013, 08:44 PM   #12  
Rosebud

TRISH ~ yes, more and more doctors are realizing the health benefits of good food and vitamin therapy. Many people have a hard time getting in all the elements they need; and others, just need more or specialized therapy.

RENEE ~ we had glorious all day here; so blessed. It is still winter outside but the temps were lower today as well. I think we may see some melting as we will have lower temps with sun for most of this week.

Had a good day overall; DH was in better spirits most of the day. He did attempt "TO GO HOME" and got lost but a good neighbour picked him up. BIL met them halfway home as he was out looking for him. I think DH may have learned a small lesson today -- that he does not know this area afterall.

I have broken out with some acne from the chemo, and pray it clears up. Put some on OXY and it seems to be helping a bit. We will be away tomorrow; gonna spend the day shopping; that should be fun.

Hope you all have a wonderful week too ...
Old 03-04-2013, 09:19 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Rosebud my friends used udder balm that you use on cows udders. Both doctors recommended it and it even helps my hands get soft when they get rough. have fun shopping.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:21 AM   #14  

Had a wonderful day yesterday. Took a day trip with DH and ate healthy. He supports me in my weight loss, so that's a great thing. Hope you all have a blessed day! Praise the Lord!
Old 03-05-2013, 01:00 PM   #15  

Quick flyby. DH post-op check up went well. Everything looks good. Healing is on schedule. DH told him how he feels when swelling and doc says that is because he still has some swelling but it will go away. Said he could give him a steroid to help it but if it isn't too bothersome he would rather not. He left it up to Tony and DH opted not to take the steroid.

Going out i a little bit to have PT draw to see if his blood has thinned back out to where they want it.

Have a nice day.

Prayers continue for all.