Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-28-2013, 01:27 PM   #1  

Default Hi! I'm New,Discouraged & Lonely!!! lol

I'm 52, and trying the Somersize program. I do take the hormones that are discussed in her book, and have recently changed my sleeping habits in a significant way. I thought these elements would jump start some weight loss, but I have gained 3 pounds! I worked soooo hard at WW, and was within 1 pound of my goal when my dear Dad who I took care of had a major stroke, and
menopause hit me like a freight train. Then WW changed to Points Plus, and I gained back the weight at the exact rate that I lost it.
My beloved Dad passed seven months ago today. I have a really heavy job settling his estate. Thanks for reading, I could use some support

Last edited by MissMinniePause; 02-28-2013 at 01:28 PM. Reason: typo
MissMinniePause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:35 PM   #2  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Oh MissMinniePause. I am so sorry for your loss. Thank goodness that you were there for your Dad. I do not know about Somersize, but I bet someone on the forum does. You can search threads by typing somersize into the search button (see above blue line area). I hope that it works for you and takes 1 less stress away from you. You are a marvelous person for doing what you did!

I know about WW. I did it back in the 80's with the booklet and you checked the boxes with your protein, veggies, milk etc and I did great. Everytime they changed the program I did not do as well. Finding a plan that you can live with and enjoy and not think is work is the best one for you!

I wish you a easy travel on your journey!
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:12 PM   #3  

Hi I am new to the forum, but not new to sugarbusters. I was on sugarbusters about 10 years ago and had tremendous success losing over 30lbs and keeping it off for 4 years.
I have just gone back on it and I am very discourage, for aprrox. 8 weeks I have followed the diet religously and have only lost a couple of pounds. Can someone out there help....is there a way I can excelerate my weight lost and stay on sugarbusters?
Desperate for help
anniefromboston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:09 PM   #4  

Height: 5'8.5"

Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:20 AM   #5  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:10 AM   #6  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

MissMinniePause (funny name ) I'm so sorry about the loss of your dad, you were a wonderful daughter for taking care of him. I also had the seemingly insurmountable task of settling my dad's estate; emptying his condo, finding out what his accounts were, selling his car and condo, all long distance. It is kinda sucky but it can be done, even by a lazy wimp like me. So I wish you strength in that task. I don't know anything about Somersize but I wish you the best in finding what works for you. Oh and I'm also 52, guess that's also why I identified with you

Last edited by VermontMom; 03-01-2013 at 08:34 PM.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote