View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 10:33 AM   #9
zoesmom

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritman View Post
zoesmom - I didn't even think about making sure that I am getting enough calories - let alone a men's plan.
Consider this...without dieting, the FDA recommendation is women between 1800-2000 and men at 2000-2500. Dieting drops that. IP drops it more. I am on a plan very similar to IP and on my plan, women get 1000-1200 calories a day and men get 1200-1500 a day. IP tends to run about 100 calories less than that. If you do not consume enough calories, your body hits "starvation mode" and holds onto every little thing it can out of fear it won't get what it needs to be efficient. Our bodies are amazing in that they can adapt to things like that. If you are doing the exact same thing as your wife, and getting the same calories as your wife, up it by about 200-300 calories a day. I recommend reading some of Dr. Tran's work if you have not already...he's the founder of IP and has some awesome stuff up online and you can read his books via e-reader for free.

Also...if your coach has been off and on the program many times, get a new coach. She doens't know how to properly use the program and maintain afterwards, much less teach you. Lead by example, not by words. If a new coach is not easily found, you CAN do the IP program without IP products... ...Dr. Tran gives you ALL the information you need on how to properly and safely do this diet...I do recommend however, that you get with a doctor, or preferably a nutritionist. They can help make sure things such as blood work aren't all wonkie...and in my case, adjust your diet to have properly consumed calores for maximum weight loss. Remember, a lot of coachs are in this as a business, which means they really are not actually interested in your health but instead, on your wallet (not all, just a lot.)

Check out some alternatives to the soy...they are out there...and they do work. Many IP-ers use them and swear by them...and I personally use them exclusively (cheaper)

Stage 1: Mini Goal 1: 265 pounds - complete 1/12/13; Mini Goal 2: 250 pounds - complete 4/17/13; Mini Goal 3: 225 pounds - completed 10/21/13
Stage 2: Moderate Obesity BMI - completed 11/26/13; ONDERLAND; Overweight BMI
Stage 3: work in progress

One for every 10 pounds lost:

Last edited by zoesmom : 02-28-2013 at 10:55 AM.
zoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote