View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 02:00 AM   #8
the shiv
Downloading 10% complete

S/C/G: 190/188/170

Height: 5'4"

Beth, I'd love to pick up that book when I can, I might check if a local library has it I don't think the planning in advance would work for me, but I can see exactly how it works in theory! As I don't have a permanent place to stay right now, it's easiest for me to just pick up food as and when I can, and I've learned a lot these past few months about what works and what doesn't... So I basically have some "go to" foods in mind. I'm always close to swimming pools, within a few miles, and I want to start going once a week. That plus getting a good 2 mile walk in every day (not hard as I'm moving about so much!).

Daimere, I did WW several years ago, and it did work! I lost 3 stone in maybe 6 months? This was when I went swimming practically every night after work for hours though I didn't realise you could get apps for old versions of it... When I did it, I had a book and a sheet of paper and a pen, heh! I'll check out the app store and online to see what I can find out. Might give it a try to see if I can incorporate some bits. And I know what you mean about hoarding the info, I have a bookmarks folder on my phone with health, nutrition, fitness and hormones info with a list of sites longer than my arm, all of which I've found useful at some point!

Charliee, the big black cloud of doom is very bad!! I just find that despite my best intentions I go running for the food when I'm stressed/depressed (which is regularly, especially right now ). I really do need to focus my mind somehow, when being "mindful" just isn't working. In the past, I used diets to beat myself up with because I fundamentally hated myself, then I almost instantly fell off the wagon and binged. I'm so scared of going back to that, but I know this time I have my head in the right place. I'm not losing weight SO I can love myself, I'm doing it BECAUSE I do. I think that's the fundamental difference this time that will make it work, the "this time it's different" thing. Because regardless of whether or not I lose weight, it IS different

And with that long rambling reply, thankyou all very much!
2.5 years later... found the way to combine IE with calorie counting!

Last edited by the shiv : 02-28-2013 at 02:10 AM.
the shiv is offline   Reply With Quote