Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2003, 07:10 PM   #1  
soontobethin

Default stay at home moms #90

Welcome to a thread full of laughter, encouragment and friendship as we raise families, regain health and lose weight together. All are welcome- newcomers and present friends
Old 10-04-2003, 07:13 PM   #2  
soontobethin

Hi,
I have been busy with the craft fair this weekend. Just thought I would pop on here for a moment. Welcome to the new people. Sounds like everyone is doing great. I have not been tempted by any of the junk food at the craft fair. No funnel cake or corn dogs or anything. I actually can't belive I have been able to turn it down. Well, talk to you all later
Ricci
Old 10-04-2003, 08:18 PM   #3  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Well, I actually snuck on here for a while.........Ds left the computer alone for a few minutes! (He is discovering Instant Messenger with his buddies).
Ricci- thanks for starting a new thread.....the other one was so busy. But now you have left me with the task of remembering the other one.....and do reply...... Good for you staying away from junk food at the craft fair.

Spryng- glad that the casserole was ok.....I loved it. Will you be able to sneak away to see Dh? Hopefully MIL was in a better frame of mind....And those 2# will be off in no time!

Melissa- oh I always hated that first round of shots!!!!!! Hope Myra is feeling better.

Jen-you working this weekend???? I think I might just take you up on the WATP tapes- how intense is the ab tape??

Karen- what was the verdict on your van?

Leanne- if it was my call to make, I would have a small piece of cake. WW does not recommend weighing yourself more than once a week......daily fluctuations are just too discouraging.

Well, I knew that this would be a short post. Gotta go!!!!BTW Spryng- I am sort of having a tough time with the flex points and might just go back to counting the winning points method. Sounds stupid but I liked it better. Got my walk in today......and Dm is doing fine. See ya tomorrow.
Ginny
Old 10-04-2003, 11:28 PM   #4  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Howdy!

Well, Ginny my van.. after having no vehicle for a whole day, they told me that it wasnt my Transmission, but the "balance Chain" and the timing belt. the estimate was $1000 plus tax and supplies. So DH and I did some searching because the van is 6 years old and had 99875 miles on it, and decided that we would go look at new vans today after the kids soccer game. After searching on the net for about 3 hours and rating what we saw versus price and options, we narrowed it down to 2 vans, A 2003 Caravan (which is what we have had for teh last 6 years and I really did love it!) and a 2003 Mazda MPV.

Since we had seen the caravans and have had one, we decided to go see the MPV first. DH drives a Miata so we went to his favorite dealership. Just as we got off the freeway and pulled into the dealership, my old van started acting up again. DH said that the jerking and almost dying that car did HAD to be the transmission! So We knew right then and there that we had to get a new one because putting $4000 into that old car just wasnt going to be worth it. And It also made us lean towards the MPV as the dealer had no clue it was the transmission.

So to make a long story short, I am now the proud owner of a New 2003 MPV! and I Love it already. More leg room, better seating , HUGE cargo area! and the best part is the 6 cylinder engine! (I had a 4 cylinder) I also now have power windows and Locks which makes a HUGE difference with the kids!! It is black with Grey cloth interior, which is PERFECT for me because I am a HUGE Oakland Raiders fan! (That is where I grew up!) LOL!

The crazy part of today is that I ate breakfast this morning at about 8 am and didnt eat anything else until 6:30 this evening. between Soccer and the car I had no time to think about it and to be honest, until we walked into the restaurant (I was too tired to cook) I wasnt hungry. I think my tummy is finally shrinking! TOM is due monday for me too so that could be part of it too. I usually lose my appitite when TOM is due.

I am going to have DH take a pic of me with my new van tomorrow to send to my mom so I will post it here too. This way you can see my progress with weight loss too! Ill send a before pic too.

I better go.. it is 8:30 and DH and I are exhausted!

Hugs to everyone!!
Old 10-05-2003, 09:35 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!
Ricci, sounds like you did great at the fair! You should be proud of yourself!
Karen, your van sounds great! We'll be trying to get one in the next few months. Having three kids packed into the back seat of our little car gets rough sometimes. 3 carseats take up so much room! And I can't wait to see your pics!!
Ginny, no, it does not sound stupid that winning points worked better for you. Actually that is why I had asked, because alot of people on the ww message boards were going back to it because it worked better for them also. What about it though makes it harder for you?
Well sorry I didn't get back on last night. Dh ended up getting his own truck yesterday and drove home to see us!!! He got in about 8 pm and left this morning about 4 am, he's on his way to atlanta GA. But I was so happy to see him. But of course his parents wanted to see him too so at first they called and demanded we go over there when he got in but as soon as DH got here it was too late... my kids bedtimes are at 9 pm so it would've meant cranky kids if we went over there. SO they came here and brought pizza. So I decided to use some flexpoints and have two slices of cheese pizza. It was worth it! lol. But this will be the first time since starting FP that I haven't used all my FP the day I get them! So I'm going to enjoy having them for several days and using them on different things. Especially with TOM approaching I can have a few cravings. But anyway, it was really nice that DH got to come home even if it was for 8 hours. He'll be back in on the 17th. But that will be for a full weekend.
Well guess I'll get off here. TTYL! Have a great OP day all!
Old 10-05-2003, 11:07 AM   #6  
hangin' in there...

Hi gang.......... just time for a quick post.... ds has a street hockey game in an hour. It's been busy busy....... 2 soccer games yesterday, 8am and 11am, in the rain. Then, ds had a practice skate for hockey at 1pm, and a b'day party from 2-4pm. A quick run to the grocery store on the way home, then we all went to the rink for open skate last night, only to find it had been cancelled in favor of some league games. We stayed and watched a junior league hockey game,and had a blast, but didn't get home and get the kids to bed until almost 10 pm. WHEW!!!!

Ricci, good for you on the fair food! I love fair food, but since eating better, I find that it leaves me feeling really yucky.... it is not worth it!

Karen, congrats on the new van!!!!

Spryng, I'm so glad dh got home to see you, even if just for a short while. I'm glad you got him all to yourself and didn't have to share him with MIL...... after all, she had him for at least 18 years already, right?!?!?!

Ginny, no work this weekend, just busy! The WATP with abs tapes are great! They are a bit more intense than the other ones, but I think you could handle them just fine. It's really just the pace that's picked up. The thing I love about them is that you almost don't really feel like you're working your abs. But, after just a week, I notice a definite improvement. Just let me know if you want them... I am happy to pick them up for you, and it is not out of my way, as I am due for a trip to BJ's.

Leeanne, go for the cake!

Well, dh has has started WW with me! Based on his weight, he gets 30 points/day (lucky dog!!!). Now, if I could just get him to take a walk now and then! But, I am loving the WW. This is the first time I've stayed OP for an entire week!!! And I have been able to use flex points to enjoy things this weekend, like corned beef dinner last night, and pumpkin waffles this morning. Oh, and I made the diet coke cake last night, too.... it was DELISH topped with a bit of fat-free frozen yogurt and some light chocolate syrup!

K, gotta run......... tomorrow is WI, and my physical with the new doc, so I probably won't get to post til later in the day. Have a great Sunday!
Old 10-05-2003, 02:58 PM   #7  

Jen that is so terrific that DH has joined you on WW!!! And I agree, he is very lucky to have 30 pts a day! That's alot of food!! Nowyou will have someone there to give you support and enourage you, and of course we will always be here. Can't wait to hear about your WI tomorrow!! Sending you losing vibes!!
My day is flying by it seems. I guess just having one night with Dh is exactly what I needed. I am in better spirits today and feel like things will be just fine. I'm making a new recipe tonight... lemon chicken with herbs. I'll let you know how it turns out. It's a 6 pts a serving if I remember right. I think I'll either serve it over pasta or rice, haven't decided yet.
Well, I just wanted to check in. Hope everyone is having a great weekend! Oh, btw, what is everyone preparing for dinner tonight? TTYL!
Old 10-05-2003, 10:18 PM   #8  

Good evening all!
Well dinner came out fanastic!! I served the chicken over brown rice and it was very filling (btw it was 5 pts a serving) my kids loved it and it was very easy to make.
I really need to be exercising tonight but for some reason I'm exausted. I just don't think I can get through 20 min of intense training tonight. So I'm just going to wait until tomorrow. I kinda feel bad about it but I did great on my eating today, didn't use any flex points so not getting in exercise tonight will not hurt me. Ok... I guess I am reasoning with my conscience. lol. But anyway, I'm off to bed. TTYL!
Old 10-05-2003, 10:38 PM   #9  
Made my Goal weight!

Thumbs down HI ladies

I would like to thank you all for being so supportive of my cake eating, I think I will indulge in a slice....seeing as I wont be at home from this wed to next monday, I will NOT look at the scale for those days, and I know it will kill me but it will probably be better in the long run....today I weighed in at 182.2, 32.2 more pounds until I feel "normal" again...
But, while I am away I will still be running so hopefully, I dont gain any over thanksgiving.....I am not planning on cheating, I will just be trading the chicken I eat every day for turkey AND as much as I hate to do it.....NO MASHED POTATOES, and I can tell you they are my #1 fav food....
Spryng-mmmm, your dinner sounds good....RICE is my #2 fav food
Hope you are all doing well with everything...

Leanne
Old 10-06-2003, 10:21 AM   #10  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Hi Everyone!

I dont have a whole lot of time to get personal as today is my carpool day!

I just have to report that I am down 4 pounds this week! I cant believe it! TOM is due today.. and I am still down that much! WOO HOO! Total of 18 pounds gone forever!! WOO HOO!

I will try to check in later! But I had to give the good news!
Old 10-06-2003, 10:38 AM   #11  
I Can and I Will

Hello Ladies! Care to have a newbie here?? LOL Actually i post on the support in other places but since i am a sahm i figured i would check this out. My name is Sandy and i have 3 great kids ages 10, 7, and 4. Oldest being a daughter and the other 2 r sons. They sure can keep u busy cant they. I am 40 years young, and have struggled it seems with weight for most of my adult life. right now i know i need 2 exercise more but cant always seem to find the motivation. I am currently doing AM yoga and starting my pilates for dummies. My goal this week is to do my yoga 5 times this week and my pilates at least twice. I also have an iron horse gravity machine that i found at a local thrift store... so i am looking forward to getting started on that as well... guess theres no better time than now is there? My husband is an attorney and travels at least 2 times a week so sometimes my weeks seem to last for months... My youngest just started preschool so i finally get some ME time during the weekdays. I just wanted to give u a bit of background on myself so u have an idea who and where i am coming from... lol
Hope everyone has a wonderful day! I will check back later!

Sandy
Old 10-06-2003, 12:01 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally posted by need2losemore
Hi,
I have been busy with the craft fair this weekend. Just thought I would pop on here for a moment. Ricci
That wouldn't by any chance be the Arts and Crafts Festival at Reelfoot Lake in Tiptonville, TN would it?? I saw your location was southwest missouri so I thought it might very well be. I know the Festival was this weekend.
Old 10-06-2003, 12:13 PM   #13  

Karen: Congrats on the new van!! We have a Pontiac Montana Transport. My hubby bought it after we totaled our only car in that wreck we had 2 yrs ago. It's really nice and hasn't given us a lick of trouble. WOOHOO on your weight loss!!

Spryng: I know you really enjoyed having your dh at home with you. I wish, for you, that he could have stayed longer. Good to hear that it lifted your spirits.

Gemini: Congrats on staying OP. I am having a rough time with that this week.

Sandy: Welcome, I am a newbie to this group myself. My name is Julie and I have four kids ages 6, 3, 3, and 2. My oldest is also a girl and the other 3 are boys.

I have really struggled this week. I am doing ok on my eating, but water consumption and exercise are not going well. I just cannot seem to get myself moving. I think that fact that I am really stressed at the moment is not helping. Dh just got a new job (he's been out of work for awhile) and we are very very short on money, so I am stressing out over whether or not we are going to have enough to last the rest of the week for food and diapers. Just have to get through one more week. I think I can, I think I can, lol.
Old 10-06-2003, 01:47 PM   #14  
hangin' in there...

Hi girls.... sorry, no time to get personal right now. But, I just wanted to report that I am down 5lbs this week!

Hope everyone is well....... back later........
Old 10-06-2003, 01:51 PM   #15  
I'm a Jovi Girl

WTG Jen!!
Closed Thread