Old 02-25-2013, 10:23 PM   #1  
I can, I will.

S/C/G: 224/221/135

Height: 5'6"

Unhappy Starting week 2, feel like giving up

Hello! I am starting my second week of IP...I feel like I can't do this! My first weigh in was pitiful! Only lost 3 lbs and I was expecting so much more! My stomach is in knots all the time and I fee like giving up. My coach Isn't very helpful I don't feel like I can talk to her. I want to continue but I wonder...can I? Or am I destined to fail this too?
munchiesmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:52 PM   #2  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

Don't give up! There's a lot of reasons you might not have lost as much, hormones, constipation, etc. Don't give up after only 1 week. 3lbs is still a lot of weight to lose in one week. I was on Weight Watchers for 2 years before this and never lost 3 lbs in one week. You can do this! Just make sure you are following the protocol exactly as it is on the sheet, and it will happen!!
crazynette826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 219/141/130

Height: 5'1''

3 pounds is a great loss! This is the only diet where you can pull those numbers. Don't compare yourself to others-this is your body and your journey. As long as you are following the diet, you will lose weight/fat.

Hang in there and celebrate all your losses!

WorldTraveleronIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:11 PM   #4  
IP start date 2/4/13

Height: 5'10"

Yes, do not give up!

You deserve to give yourself a great program like this. The program takes a couple of weeks to adjust to but you WILL see the numbers.

Read the forums here and get some ideas about what you can do to improve your experience, recipes, and resolutions for constipation, etc. You will get there, as each week will be different for you.

The ketogenic approach that ideal protein is based on is the most effective way to lose weight. Give it an opportunity to work for you and don't talk yourself out of it because of the discomfort. It's all a part of the experience.

Good luck and stay strong!

Last edited by SFNinerGirl; 02-25-2013 at 11:12 PM.
SFNinerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:15 PM   #5  

Go to the daily thread and read what I posted there
And please read the stickies for guidelinles for starting new threads
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:24 AM   #6  
Started IP 2/22/13

S/C/G: 189.2/156.6/130

Height: 5'2"

Don't give up. None of us put the weight on in a week...it will take time..but you can do it. Read the success stories here. Look at the pictures. These IP Friends give me all the incentive I need to stay at it. BTW...I will have my first WI on Friday.
Charbarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:52 AM   #7  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchiesmum View Post
Hello! I am starting my second week of IP...I feel like I can't do this! My first weigh in was pitiful! Only lost 3 lbs and I was expecting so much more! My stomach is in knots all the time and I fee like giving up. My coach Isn't very helpful I don't feel like I can talk to her. I want to continue but I wonder...can I? Or am I destined to fail this too?
3 lbs in a week is a fantastic loss! There are very few diets out there where you would lose that much in a week without excercising a ton.

You can do this, but if you continue having expectations of losing more than 3 lbs a week you are setting yourself up to fail. Don't let fear get in the way of becoming healthier. You are worth it and any loss on the scale is a wonderful thing!

I would suggest that you give at least 1 month to see how the losses go, and how you feel about yourself with your progress. Don't give yourself a weight loss goal in that time though, because you might be dissapointed again. I think you will be really happy you stuck with it and didn't give up.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:36 AM   #8  
Started IP 1/10/13

S/C/G: 225/175.5(home) 176.2(IP)/120

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchiesmum View Post
You can do this. We are all here to support each other. Find a new coach if you need to or dump the coach and rely on the folks here. You can order the same products online or comparable alternatives.

But, you can do this. Everybody here has failed before, but we are all here trying now, together, every day. You can do this. Just take it in one day chunks. Do the best you can today. Then do it again tomorrow. And so on. But, you can do it. Also, it gets easier once you develop your rhythm.

Desafinado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:04 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 211/159/140

Height: 5'4"

If from now on you loose between 1-3 lbs a week, where will you be in a year from now?
Lolo70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:13 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolo70 View Post
If from now on you loose between 1-3 lbs a week, where will you be in a year from now?
LOVE!
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:41 AM   #11  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Staying on IP will help you get somewhere, its the FIRST STEP. You started that is what matters, you can't just give it 2 weeks then quit. Give it at least a full 4-6 weeks for you body to react and get used of eating this way. It is all worth it in the long run. Put the "poor pitiful me" aside and CHANGE your attitude. Its all about POSITIVE VIBES!....if you STAY where you were that will NEVER change. I hope I am not offending you because that is NOT my intention. I have LIVED this way for 97 weeks, I have seen many people come, go and come back again why? because they KNOW IT WORKS!.....just wanted to put my 2 cents in here. YOU are the ONLY person that can CHANGE YOU
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:44 AM   #12  
Started IP 1/12/13

S/C/G: 267/ticker/167

Height: 5'5

My first WI was a disapointment too. But now I've lost almost 30 lbs since Jan 12..please dont give up. Give it at least another 2 weeks.
BTW I discovered that I was eating 2 restricted per day..my mistake I thought it was that you couldn't eat 2 bars or 2 chilis in a day..instead of the not 2 restricteds. You will find what works and get into a rhythm with it.
jeffiner is offline   Reply With Quote