Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2001, 05:07 AM   #1  

Angry

Goodmorning

Please read Joyce's message on thread 51, page 2.

Joyce, .6 is hardly anything. Just think next week you'll probably lose more. I stayed the same this week. I made the 0 pt soup hoping it would get me thru the next 2 days but for some reason it came out really salty I made it exactly the way it says in the book.

Well, getting ready for work. If there's any secretaries out there Happy Secretaries Day!!!

Essie

Last edited by livingfit426; 04-25-2001 at 05:10 AM.
Old 04-25-2001, 10:20 AM   #2  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Essie, enjoy your Secretary's Day! Hope Pete is feeling better; it's a helpless feeling to see them sick, when they're always strong for us, isn't it? I've found the ww veggie soup to be salty also, perhaps from the soup base? I used to make it with ww chicken soup base, but switched to canned broth, it seems less salty. I love that soup, usually dump in whatever's in the veggie drawer of the frig. I got the "boat motor" that Emeril uses (Braun) and it's so easy to just puree soups in the pot.

Joyce, hope your hubby is better. Take good care of him....perhaps some chicken soup? It's still cool here, still soup weather. Supposed to be 80 this weekend, yeah!

I've been exercising and am sore! I've really got to make it part of my daily routine, then I won't be feeling it like this. Today I'll walk to mix things up a bit. I've got to get on the scale today, haven't weighed in for almost 2 weeks. I'll post the news here.....hopefully it'll be good!

Have a great day girls......Terri, Dianne, Myra, Anita.

~Jen
Old 04-25-2001, 02:04 PM   #3  

Hi all!

My husband is better, he is just really tired now.

Jen & Essie - I've never had a problem with the soup. I love it. I use Butterball 99% fat free - low sodium broth or Swanson brand and it turns out fine. We made it this past week when DH was sick. We also made some chicken soup. We used the Cambells healthy request cream of chicken, celery, carrots, onion (just a little), potatoes with a little chicken & rice. It turned out wonderful. Felt very fattening but had very few points per serving.

Jen it's a little cooler here in TX this week too. We had a front move through and get rid of all the southerly winds that were making it humid & miserable. I wish I could say I was sore from exercising. I was doing really good until DH got sick. I've really got to try to get back into the swing of things. I got the exercise points slider at my meeting last night so hopefully this will motivate me a little.

Essie - How is your DH doing? Hope he is feeling better too.

Happy Secretaries Day! to all you hard working secretaries.

Hope everyone is having a great week.
Joyce
Old 04-25-2001, 07:20 PM   #4  

Hi

Joyce, happy to here your husband is feeling better. Mine is feeling a little better but now has that dry cough. I should have used low sodium chicken broth for the soup. I'll make it again this weekend. Thanks for the tip.

It is so cool today. One day close to 80 degrees next day 50. No wonder why everybody is sniffling & coughing! Tomorrow is the BIG 47!!! That's where 426 comes from. I don't go back to work till Monday. I love it!

Jen, when I don't exercise for a while I feel sore also. I haven't been as faithful as I should I have to get back into it. Hope your weighin brings a smile to your face.

Have a good evening everybody!

Essie
Old 04-25-2001, 11:51 PM   #5  
Queen of the Fresh Start

I lost 1.5 lbs. since I weighed last! I'm happy with that; it makes me feel like I'm getting back on track. Now I feel more motivated.

My niece bought a new home, wants to get rid of most of the landscaping that is in her new yard. A few of us are going tomorrow to take what we want: flowers, bushes, etc. I know I'll do lots of work tomorrow...great exercise, since we have to dig up what we want!

Joyce, that soups sounds good, cream soups are so much more satisfying. I think I'll try that next.

Essie ! ! Happy Happy Birthday May you have a wonderful day.

be good everyone,
~Jen
Old 04-26-2001, 11:21 AM   #6  

Here is my reply from page 2 on the other thread.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Essie! You are so sweet! I HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY!
The funeral was today. They asked Bruce to be a pallbearer. They played a lot of Garth Brook's songs. The Dance and the River. I played the Dance today during the the time of the funeral and I cried. That song is Tom.
Japanese food is so good especially when they cook on
the table. Try to find one. It is so delicious and fun.
It is steak, chicken and shrimp. They use a lot of oil and so I am sure not ww friendly. It is basically meat and veggies and rice. Mmmm! The funny thing is is that they do not do this in Japan. They learn to do this when they get a job here. My husband worked with the Japanese on Spacelab J when it went up on the Shuttle and they giggled when he took them to one of these restaurants. They loved it. When Bruce went over there they had never heard of that.

Great job Jen. keep it up.
I use the low sodium broth too. It works out great.

Joyce,
glad your hubby is doing better.

Hi All!
Terri
Old 04-26-2001, 02:05 PM   #7  

Hello everyone.

Happy birthday Essie!!

Terri - Japanese food sounds good and the way it is prepared looks like fun.

Jen - Congradulations on the loss. Have fun picking out flowers & bushes. I love to work in the yard planting flowers. It is good exercise too.

I am so tired today... I don't feel like doing much of anything. But I'm going to try to work in our vegetable garden today. I have a few squash I need to re-plant and I need to water.

Have a great day everyone!

Joyce
Old 04-26-2001, 04:30 PM   #8  

Hello My Friends

Just checking in before I go to the movies. Thanks for the birthday wishes. You all are so sweet.

Jen, thanks for the lovely card. You are an

Love,
Essie
Old 04-26-2001, 11:21 PM   #9  

Happy Birthday Essie -- hope you had a great day and wish you many more.

Jen - congrats on the loss - "weigh" to go.

I guess it must be sick-husband week. My hubby has been complaining of back pain and went to the doctor who thinks he has a bulging disk. More tests to come and some message therapy (he'll love that, LOL).

Hey Terri - hope you guys are all doing okay. I know it will be rough for a while. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Hey everyone else -- hope you are all doing well, have a great weekend, if I don't get back here.

Dianne
Old 04-27-2001, 06:01 AM   #10  

Hi

My birthday was so special because I spent it with my 2 men. Pete & David took the day off. We went out to eat then the movies. My brother treated all of us to the chinese buffet. I did good. I'm learning

Dianne, a bulging disk OUCH!

Terri, how are you doing? My oldest brother passed away in 1988 & before he died he made me a tape with a variety of his favorite songs & dedicated it to me. Till this day I can't listen to it. I miss him so much. He was my buddy. It gets easier as time goes by but we'll always miss them.

Does anyone know what happened to Myra? I hope all is well.

I'll be back this evening.

Have a great day everyone

Last edited by livingfit426; 04-27-2001 at 06:03 AM.
Old 04-27-2001, 11:07 AM   #11  

Oh! I am so sorry Essie! That must have been awful! What a treasured item to have. Do you think you will ever listen to it? I know that would be so hard! I think he would want you to. We are here for you. Thanks for the advice. I am so glad you have two wonderful men in your life. You are lucky! What movie did you see?
Myra has been very busy with her work.

Dianne,
I hope your husband is doing better. Poor thing!
Thanks for being so supportive. My husband came home and told me lots of uplifting stories. I would have loved to be there. I am going to get up the courage to call Roberta this weekend. I am going to write a heartfelt letter today. My heart aches for her. They had just finished their new room downstairs in the basement(Walled it all in in brick and carpet and put in a wood burning stove and a bar etc...) the day before the accident. They were going to initiate it with a party that Friday. Poor Tom got hit by 5 deer (They came running out of the woods and caused him to wreck everytime) on the way home from work within a years time so Bruce (my hubby) made him a deer alarm (really worked and was hysterical)award for New Years that year and Tom was deciding where to put it right before he went to work the day he died and he put it back down on the bar. It was still there when Bruce went down to see the room. Roberta said Tom was so proud of that award. See, we don't realize how the smallest things make people feel. We didn't know he liked it that much.
She is going to still hang it. She said it will make her laugh one day.
Oh, this is so strange. While I was writing this "The Dance" by Garth Brooks came on the radio. That was Tom's favorite song and the one they played at the funeral. Talk about a sign.
Gotta go!
Terri
Old 04-27-2001, 05:57 PM   #12  

WOW, I just had a really scarry thing happen. We live in the country on 60 acres. We have a gate to the part with our house so the cattle can't get in the yard. Well I just got back from town, opened the gate and after I closed it headed back to the truck. THAT's when I heard the rattles ...... I did the wrong thing and ran. Fortunately the snake was not coiled or I probably would have been bit. My husband and brother in law are out looking for it now to kill it. Can't say I'm sorry!!

While running I fell down and busted my knee pretty bad though. But that's better than being rattle snake bit. Now I just have to calm down. I'm still shaking.

Hope everyone else is having a great day. Hi all

Joyce
Old 04-27-2001, 06:03 PM   #13  

OOOH! for sure! Thank goodness you are ok. That had to be scary. I would have run too.
Someone was looking after you! let us know if they find it.
Terri
Old 04-27-2001, 06:35 PM   #14  

The Duchess of York will be on Good Morning America on Mon. April 30th to discuss kids eating healthy.
Just thought I'd let you know.

I watched Rosie today and she told about a 1 point BLT.
She said it was good.
Two slices of light bread, toasted = 1 pt.
a little WW mayo= 0 pt.
tomatoes
lettuce
bacon bits.
She said it was very satisfying and pretty good.
Can't hurt to try.
Have a wonderful weekend guys!

Man, I have a lot of posts.

Terri
Old 04-28-2001, 09:33 AM   #15  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi everyone!

Terri, that sandwich sounds like it's worth a try....even if real bacon were used, it would come in at 3 pts. Yum, I love blt's!

Essie, you've got to use whatever plan works for you. I've been happy with WW, when I do follow it strictly, it works for me. As long as we're paying attention to our health and what we eat, and focus on getting exercise, that's what's important. Just as long as you continue to post here!

Joyce, omg!!! I would've freaked. Thank goodness it didn't bite you. Is that a common problem on your land? I love the idea of being surrounded by 60 acres, you're lucky. How's your knee?

Dianne, hope your husband's back is okay. A bulging disc can be very painful.

I've been doing a lot of gardening this week, plus it's great exercise. From my niece's garden I transplanted some shrubs, got some nice rocks and stones for the border of my herb garden. I love working in the yard, we should live in a warmer climate so we could enjoy the yard year round!

My daughter and her family will be here today; can't wait to see the boys. Brandon loves to help outside-the guys are removing a huge juniper bush from the front lawn today, he'll be in his glory helping them!

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Hi to Myra, Zoe, Anita......what's up?

~Jen

Last edited by Jenny523; 04-28-2001 at 09:47 AM.
Closed Thread