Old 02-24-2013, 11:23 AM   #16  
Started IP 01/31/13

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

I just wanted chime in on the result of the dinner. The caterer got it partially right. The original meal was tri-tip with sauce, crab cake, mashed potatoes, and a vegetable. I asked for plain protein (no sauce) and steamed vegies. I got a plate with only the crab cake eliminated and the vegies were carrots all served in one big stack with french fried onion strings on top. Must have thought I was allergic to shellfish. They also had a fantastic dessert buffet.

So...what did I do? Carefully removed the toppings from the tri-tip and enjoyed it. Left the rest alone. Enjoyed two club sodas on the rocks with lime, and whipped out my mio to doctor up my water later on the evening when we stayed to do some dancing. I had a nice time, didn't feel too tempted (I would have been all over that dessert bar in the past) and got a little exercise dancing. I had a IP protein bar just in case, but didn't need it.

Instead of using this as an excuse to blow it, It became an opportunity plan, prepare for the worst and exercise my strong desire to stay 100% on plan. I am going to need to make some of the same choices when I reach my goal to stay at goal.

That dessert bar is one of the reasons I got here! Can I place it on the "axis of evil"?!?! lol. NSV!
Msbehaving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:57 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 216/209.6/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msbehaving View Post
I just wanted chime in on the result of the dinner. The caterer got it partially right. The original meal was tri-tip with sauce, crab cake, mashed potatoes, and a vegetable. I asked for plain protein (no sauce) and steamed vegies. I got a plate with only the crab cake eliminated and the vegies were carrots all served in one big stack with french fried onion strings on top. Must have thought I was allergic to shellfish. They also had a fantastic dessert buffet.

So...what did I do? Carefully removed the toppings from the tri-tip and enjoyed it. Left the rest alone. Enjoyed two club sodas on the rocks with lime, and whipped out my mio to doctor up my water later on the evening when we stayed to do some dancing. I had a nice time, didn't feel too tempted (I would have been all over that dessert bar in the past) and got a little exercise dancing. I had a IP protein bar just in case, but didn't need it.

Instead of using this as an excuse to blow it, It became an opportunity plan, prepare for the worst and exercise my strong desire to stay 100% on plan. I am going to need to make some of the same choices when I reach my goal to stay at goal.

That dessert bar is one of the reasons I got here! Can I place it on the "axis of evil"?!?! lol. NSV!
You did such a good job getting through that night. Dessert bar would be very tempting. I am such a sweets person. Actually my family (aunts etc. who are all Martha Stewarts and love to bake fabulous desserts at family functions) tease me (in the past of course) because I always wanted to try all the desserts. So I am known now as the one who gets a sample platter. They based my baby shower desserts on a sample platter theme. Ahh memories. Def one of the reasons I am here also haha.
ladylunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:09 PM   #18  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

Quote:

That is AWESOME! You did great. It does get easier the more of these situations you're put in...at least it has for me. Always be prepared is the motto here too, not just the Boy Scouts.
leannekarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:27 PM   #19  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:

FANTASTIC JOB!!!!! And you are so right - every time we overcome circumstances like this we are better prepared to deal with them when we aren't as restricted. Way to go!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:10 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 297/212/169

Height: 5'7"

I LOVE the idea of taking a piece of chicken or turkey or whatever, putting it in Tupperware, and sneaking it onto a salad plate! That works for me!
I love this site. I can't tell you how much you all help me, even though I dont always acknowledge you. Thank you. And I'm very happy for all of you in your progesses. And Scorbett, even though you are now 4 pounds past your goal, you still continue to help. You're just absolutely AMAZING.
California Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote