Old 02-25-2013, 10:57 AM   #1  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

Default Take us on a walk

"If you are seeking creative ideas, go out walking. Angels whisper to a man when he goes for a walk." ~Raymond Inmon

One of the reasons I love walking is that it's really an awesome sensory experience. I really enjoyed my walk this morning, despite that it was 17 degrees out.

I wanted to share with you a few of the things I enjoyed this morning:

Sight: I love living in Colorado. We actually have seasons here. This weekend we had a bit of blowing snow- so this morning the world looked like it was covered in diamonds. Everywhere you looked it sparkled.

I love that I'm the first footprints in the fallen snow:

Beautiful landscaping:

Start and Finish:

Sound: More then anything I heard the snow crunching under my feet. Once it gets below 20- the snow really starts to crackle. The birds were singing this morning, including this lovely: You can hear it's call if you click "typical voice"- http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/E...llared-Dove/id
A woodpecker was pounding on a tree.

A snow plow came by and I could hear people scraping ice off their cars. A school bus drove by:

Touch: Mostly I was fiddling with my scarf. Although I did touch the snow a couple of times.

Smell: The air here smells clean. Oftentimes I would pass some pine trees that would make me feel like I was walking through a forest. A grandfather drove past in a truck and his cologne lingered in the air.

Someone had a fire going in their fireplace, using a duraflame.

Taste: I came home and picked out a tea I thought was appropriate for a winter walk- Orange Spice Tea.
(DH and I might have a bit of a tea problem, this isn't even half of our collection)

So this week, I challenge you- take us on a walk. What does it look like? Smell like? Sound like? Feel like? And taste like? Encourage us to take our own walking journeys!

Last edited by lunarsongbird; 02-25-2013 at 01:08 PM.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:01 AM   #2  
Living Intuitively

Does this link work? I took a bit of video for you!
Hear the birds? And don't you just love Pikes Peak covered in snow? Oh! And the snow crunching! That's the main reason I took the video.
(I'm sorry if it makes you a bit dizzy)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-hYpH2DH50
Old 02-25-2013, 11:03 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 272/226/160

Height: 5'4''

thank you for sharing this with us! sounds like a lovely walk! and i think im going to start doing it too! and omg i love orange spice tea!! and i also love hearing the birds chirp early in the morning! i cant wait to start my walking!
omgsasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

What a wonderful positive way to look at exercising! Thank you for sharing both the video and your thoughts. One of the reasons that I'm on this journey is that I miss just being able to do things. Right now if I walk more than about 200 feet, I have to take a cane and to say it's slow going would be an understatement. Getting to the point where I can enjoy being outdoors (I live in WA state, 20 miles from Mt. Rainier) is one of the main reasons I'm doing this. This really uplifted me this morning! Thank you.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:10 PM   #5  
Living Intuitively

omgasha, I hope you share your experience of a walk this week!

betsy- I'm glad you liked this virtual walk. Hopefully there is more for your to read and find inspirational! Are you able to do any exercising yet?
Old 02-25-2013, 04:40 PM   #6  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

My neighborhood isn't nearly as lovely this time of year; very dead and brown, no snow, and just lots of muddy areas from the rain. So, I'm not sure how inspiring it would be, but I still think this is a wonderful idea! I love this kind of thoughtful, interactive posting. I will certainly see about trying this out, as well. Thank you for your post...it made me want to go find a cabin in the mountains where there is actually snow and go play! I like the way you think, and I think we would be great friends in real life.

Last edited by opheliaphoenix; 02-25-2013 at 04:41 PM.
opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:13 AM   #7  
Living Intuitively

Didn't feel like taking a walk this morning, but I quieted my mind and indulged my soul...so I headed out the door. There is one more thing you should know- I'm a nerd:

Someday I will have awesomely cute and matching clothes like the slim mothers I passed on my walk this morning, but as of now- I wear multiple layers of things I fit into. :: shrugs :: Next winter will be different.
Don't let clothing stop you from walking in the winter. Just put more items on.

I think if I open my heart up on my walks- that my walk will be different every day, so I took some more pictures to prove it.

Something is hiding for you in this one:

Aren't we clever here in Colorado? Even our ice is clever and artistic...

True story...as I was kneeling down to take a picture of that lawn art- I heard some...hm... intimate sounds coming from the house adjacent. Then I realized it was a small dog howling. Boy- I would be embarrassed if my neighbors thought I had a rocking bedroom life, because my dogs liked to make noise.

Do you see the Garden of the Gods on the top picture there? How could I have not noticed that in the past? No idea...

I'm still waiting to go on a walk with YOU!

Last edited by lunarsongbird; 02-26-2013 at 10:14 AM.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:48 PM   #8  
Living Intuitively

Quote:
Originally Posted by opheliaphoenix View Post
I like the way you think, and I think we would be great friends in real life.
I like you too! That means that you can never leave again, because I'll be sad. You're stuck here until you hit your goal weight. k,thx.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:01 PM   #9  
Started IP: Nov. 2, 2012

S/C/G: 326/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8''

Ahh I'm so jealous! I love Colorado and my friend and I have a plan to do an 8 mile hike this summer over there. I live in WA too, but not a beautiful area like Mt. Rainier! I like visiting our friends in Enumclaw though because the views are so gorgeous near the mountain.
My walks consist of views of cows and then an open field that someone really let go and then more cows.

Although I do have to add that it is entertaining during calving seasons. I love baby animals and the calves follow you near the fences sometimes.

Last edited by Tziri; 02-26-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Tziri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:13 PM   #10  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Lunar: Aww, of course! I say we seal the deal with a nerdhug!

Hahah.

Also, I have totally been to the Garden of the Gods; beautiful! I lived in Colorado Springs for a little over 6 months back in 2008. I really liked Colorado, and wish I'd had a little longer to live there before having to move. (Especially since my next location was a dismal little city in the lower reaches of Oklahoma, lol.) Manitou Springs was another one of my favorite places in the area out there.
opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:30 PM   #11  
Living Intuitively

I LOVE Manitou! Maybe the military will bring you back to the springs someday? I love it here.

I adore the nerd hug! You should come with me (and others that join) to Rinvendell...and eventually Mordor! http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...-mordor-4.html
Join the fellowship. You know you want to.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:55 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 250/249/125

Height: 5'3 ish

I am living vicariously, I actually log all my walks inside my house because my neighborhood isn't safe for walking "busy curvy steep road without sidewalks". So I'll be walling with you all with the pictures. Love this thread Lunar
Thinforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:46 PM   #13  
Living Intuitively

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinforme View Post
I am living vicariously, I actually log all my walks inside my house because my neighborhood isn't safe for walking "busy curvy steep road without sidewalks". So I'll be walling with you all with the pictures. Love this thread Lunar
Thanks! I'm glad you like it. I figured I would focus on a new "eye opening" thing every week...Next week? Nutrients in the food we eat.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:14 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 250/249/125

Height: 5'3 ish

Sounds like a great thread idea
Thinforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:45 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarsongbird View Post
You are as cute in person as I thought you'd be.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote