Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-25-2013, 07:48 AM   #1  
This is the Last Time!!!

S/C/G: HW283/GW170

Height: 5'5"

Default I Need Some Serious Advice-wl Related

I have totally fallen off the wagon in the last month and in the process am up 6 pounds from my last weigh in. The problem that I am having is that I am a stress eater (at least that is what I tell myself). My home is under a semi-serious renovation. I have and will not have any kitchen sink/water for another 5 weeks at least. It is a total pain in the butt to wash all the dishes in the bathtub so I have chosen not to cook so I don't dirty dishes. I have been eating frozen pizza, microwaveables (not LC and Smart Ones mind you) or take out. This has to stop or I will be up 10 more pounds before my kitchen is done. I need help! What can I eat/make that won't make a lot of dishes and or break the weight loss bank. I know it's just an excuse on my part, but I need an intervention!
HadEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:41 AM   #2  
Cindy

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/136

Height: 5'6"

For serving, use disposable plates and bowls. For the actual food prep, get things that are already cooked and/or chopped up, like bagged salad, rotisserie chicken, baby carrots, frozen burger patties, etc. These things usually cost a smidge more, but for you it's only temporary. Do you have anyone whose kitchen you can "borrow" one day a week? Go to that person's house and make things like soups, casseroles, etc. that you can then freeze in serving size portions. That way you can still use the microwave but YOU control the ingredients.
forkeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:47 AM   #3  
Finally in control.

S/C/G: 294/236/199

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by forkeeps View Post
For serving, use disposable plates and bowls. For the actual food prep, get things that are already cooked and/or chopped up, like bagged salad, rotisserie chicken, baby carrots, frozen burger patties, etc. These things usually cost a smidge more, but for you it's only temporary. Do you have anyone whose kitchen you can "borrow" one day a week? Go to that person's house and make things like soups, casseroles, etc. that you can then freeze in serving size portions. That way you can still use the microwave but YOU control the ingredients.
That's a great idea! This is what I do every week. I hate to cook so I cook a big meal on Sunday and microwave it up during the week.

Also, salads and sandwiches are healthy and low maintenance.
ChickieBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:56 AM   #4  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

We were without a kitchen for 2 months and we didn't eat a single prepared meal or go out to eat. you are making excuses because you can.

I set up my bathroom with a dish drainer and I washed the dishes in a single basin sink. I first washed them, stacking them to the side and then I rinsed them and then put them in the drainer. I bought a dorm sized fridge for our food. We had our microwave and then we bought a induction single burner. I had one burner and I was feeding a family of five every single night from it for 2 months (if not longer). We spent $300 on the fridge and burner, but they paid for themselves within 2 weeks of us eating at home versus out and we still use the fridge.

There are so many precut things these days. If you want to go that route. There are plastic utensils. Just get one pot and one frying pan/saute pan that you can use for anything you plan to prepare, etc.

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 02-25-2013 at 08:57 AM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote