Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 02-22-2013, 04:40 PM   #76  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Well, despite a completely plugged head, DS passed the singing audition and got the callback! So, next Wednesday, he will practice a new song/dance routine with the current Ambassadors and the other potential candidates, and (hopefully) prove that he can sing AND dance without falling over his feet. In the past several years, they have posted the result on YouTube, so I'll provide the link if they do it again this year.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:40 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Congrats to your son Becky! That is awesome!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:15 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveling michele View Post
Congrats to your son Becky! That is awesome!
Sounds like your DS is pretty awesomely talented in a bunch of areas Becky. Always great to hear of kids who are achieving their dreams and goals and having fun while doing it!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:13 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICUwishing View Post
Well, despite a completely plugged head, DS passed the singing audition and got the callback! So, next Wednesday, he will practice a new song/dance routine with the current Ambassadors and the other potential candidates, and (hopefully) prove that he can sing AND dance without falling over his feet. In the past several years, they have posted the result on YouTube, so I'll provide the link if they do it again this year.
Looking forward to seeing the results on YouTube.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:43 PM   #80  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

Dagmar, I hope your last evening at the house goes well and gives you the resolution you're hoping for.

ICU, congrats to your son!

Shannon, that was a great link. I especially liked "Your seasoning is mostly self-satisfaction."

Megan, you've really had a lot going on lately! I hope your science talk at the gallery went as well as the other one, which sounded really interesting.

saef, this may be from another thread but my condolences on the further delay with the condo issue. Dreading rain is not a good way to live (says someone with an apparently unfixable leaky roof).

Sheila, good luck with choosing a contractor. It's a scary thing but it's great when the work is done. I love my new bathroom and wish I could do some work on the kitchen, too. I just need to accumulate some money.

I've had a nice day. I went to a craft store this morning and got supplies for some new projects. I'm friendly with a woman who has her own little store that sells decorative stuff, really neat things she finds at auctions or from craftspeople (and she makes a lot herself), and I showed her some little beaded purses I make. She thinks I can sell them and wants to help me embellish them a bit. She really has an artist's eye so I'm looking forward to working with her.

This afternoon a friend and I went to the NYS Museum to see an exhibit of floral displays. The displays were scattered throughout the museum and many related to the nearby exhibit (Adirondacks, native Americans, etc). Some were astonishingly creative and beautiful. It made me long for spring, when I can start going to the flower market and filling my containers with annuals.

So, a nice end to a weird week that I spent expecting my old cat to die. But she has recovered, much to my surprise, and is back to annoying me. Phew!
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:27 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

I'm back from the house. Did a walk through and relived a lot of the good memories that I created with my mom. Sat in the living room (two pieces of furniture remain) and had a really good blonde beer while updating her on the situation with the house and my dad. I think I would have felt kinda foolish without the beer but we DID do a lot of drinking in that house so it was appropriate.

DH's guy is coming on Monday to pack up the stuff he wants for his store. I kept my hands off. I keep seeing things that have been around for a long time and that I want to save. But I limited myself to 4 containers. It's my mom's stuff but it's just stuff.

I feel at peace with all of this now, for the first time in 6 months. And I'm starting to get excited at the idea of having my OWN house.

Good evening all! The dog and I are going to read Vogue now.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:58 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

ICU, that's wonderful! Looking forward to the video, too.

Dagmar, glad you were able to get some closure about the house. Can't wait to hear about your upcoming househunting.

I tried massaged kale last night. Yum! Even DH enjoyed it. I used Megan's recipe, but added a drop of sesame oil ala saef, then toasted some slivered almonds to add some crunch.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote