Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 04:28 AM   #1  

Default IP Weekend Chat Sat/Sun, Feb 23-24, 2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 02-23-2013, 07:05 AM   #2  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

Happy weekend everyone! I have a question.....I realized this morning when I was writing down my food for yesterday (I usually do this after dinner but I was busy last night doctoring up my injured DH) that I had forgotten to have one of my IP foods yesterday. I usually have an IP drink for breakfast, my restricted bar at around 10:30am, 2 cups of veggies for lunch, then I usually have a pudding at around 4pm and then my dinner at 6:30ish (last night it was 2 cups of fried 'rice' and fat free ham. I realized I forgot my afternoon pudding. Do I just leave it as a skip? I shouldn't have an extra packet today should I?
Old 02-23-2013, 07:53 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekyskeeter View Post
Happy weekend everyone! I have a question.....I realized this morning when I was writing down my food for yesterday (I usually do this after dinner but I was busy last night doctoring up my injured DH) that I had forgotten to have one of my IP foods yesterday. I usually have an IP drink for breakfast, my restricted bar at around 10:30am, 2 cups of veggies for lunch, then I usually have a pudding at around 4pm and then my dinner at 6:30ish (last night it was 2 cups of fried 'rice' and fat free ham. I realized I forgot my afternoon pudding. Do I just leave it as a skip? I shouldn't have an extra packet today should I?
You don't want to add the extra packet today. It is one of those things that you realize, figure out a way to help prevent it in the future and move on. It sounds like there are other things on your mind (injured husband!!) and it may be helpful to journal throughout the day until your routine is back to normal. It sound like you have a good solid routine that works for you!! Hope your husbad feels better soon.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:18 AM   #4  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekyskeeter View Post
Agree w/kileymed on this one.

I'm packed up and ready to head north. I had my normal IP Cappuccino with coffee this morning, and have packed my salad dressing, an IP bar, and another packet in my carry-on for at the airport and on the plane. (No upgrade to F this time around so I'll pick up a salad at the airport.) We've got a busy week coming up getting ready for our move but then I'll be heading south again on a quick trip to see my mom. Crazy times! Thank goodness I've got this traveling on IP gig down pat!! I'm going home about 3 pounds lighter than when I arrived two weeks ago. (Can't say the same for my BIL. I think he's going to be in for a bit of a rude awakening at his next doctor's appointment next week!)
Old 02-23-2013, 08:19 AM   #5  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

Ok that's what I figured that I should just count it as a skip. Husband will be fine.....I think he's enjoying me waiting on him right now. He usually does all the cooking but I cooked last night so he got to try my fried 'rice'.....he said it was ok. I'm sure he'd eat it again but I doubt he'll request it like he does the rutabagas. He never thought he'd like them as much as he does. I think tonight we will go out for dinner....we used to go out to eat a lot but we haven't been since I started IP and I don't miss it too much but tomorrow is my birthday so think I'd like a nice OP meal somewhere.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:26 AM   #6  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Thanks for opening the thread each day Lisa. Just saying - I notice, and appreciate you.

Hey All, any suggestions for a breath mint or something that might help with fresh breath between brushing? I usually work from home, so not a big deal, but will be working face to face with some of my peers soon. They might appreciate your insight :-) as will I, if they don't suggest we go back to conference calls instead.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:35 AM   #7  
Started IP 2/22/13

S/C/G: 189.2/156.6/130

Height: 5'2"

Good morning all. Have another day of high school basketball playoffs. Yesterday went fine. Ate what I'm supposed to eat..felt fine and not hungry. My only issue is I had my restricted (cheese protein curls) around 9:30 pm. Hope I'm not messing up already. The problem is, when I'm working (on my days off now) I work evenings. I don't get out of work until 11:30 pm...so having that snack late will be a lifesaver for me. I really need to eat around my schedule. In fact, from time to time I'm on the all-nights (11-7am). Any suggestions? Let me just say, where I work my co-workers order out all the time. So I'm smelling Chinese, French fries, wings etc all night. Eating my snack late will be MY sin food
Old 02-23-2013, 08:36 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 192/148/150

Height: 5 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Thanks for opening the thread each day Lisa. Just saying - I notice, and appreciate you.

Hey All, any suggestions for a breath mint or something that might help with fresh breath between brushing? I usually work from home, so not a big deal, but will be working face to face with some of my peers soon. They might appreciate your insight :-) as will I, if they don't suggest we go back to conference calls instead.
Just read about this on another thread.

Originally Posted by JenRem
Will you tell me a little more about the chlorohyll? How does it come (ie pill, powder)? How much do you take? How much does it cost? Where do you get it? Does it have a taste?
Thanks, Jen
Hi JenRem, I bought Chlorofresh by Nature's Way in liquid and liqui-gel forms. I bought it online from Vitacost (they have lots of sales) but you can buy it at Walgreens or any regular pharmacy. The liquid costs about $7 for 16 oz and the pills cost about $9 (for 90).

For the liquid, I use 1 tsp in an 8oz glass of water each morning. It has a hint of mint and tastes like sweet green tea. If I'm on the road, I take one liqui-gel in the morning.

It is marketed as an "internal deodorant" and seems to work fine for me. I've been taking it for a little over week and I noticed the positive effects within two days. My friends and family were more surprised than I was.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:37 AM   #9  
Started IP 2/22/13

S/C/G: 189.2/156.6/130

Height: 5'2"

Halfagain..in my packet I got yesterday they suggested the listerine strips you put on your tongue
Old 02-23-2013, 08:40 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 192/148/150

Height: 5 3"

Half again,
That info was on another thread posted by ALM2000. She was having an issue with keto-breath.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:50 AM   #11  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTime50 View Post
Just read about this on another thread.

Originally Posted by JenRem
Will you tell me a little more about the chlorohyll? How does it come (ie pill, powder)? How much do you take? How much does it cost? Where do you get it? Does it have a taste?
Thanks, Jen
Hi JenRem, I bought Chlorofresh by Nature's Way in liquid and liqui-gel forms. I bought it online from Vitacost (they have lots of sales) but you can buy it at Walgreens or any regular pharmacy. The liquid costs about $7 for 16 oz and the pills cost about $9 (for 90).

For the liquid, I use 1 tsp in an 8oz glass of water each morning. It has a hint of mint and tastes like sweet green tea. If I'm on the road, I take one liqui-gel in the morning.

It is marketed as an "internal deodorant" and seems to work fine for me. I've been taking it for a little over week and I noticed the positive effects within two days. My friends and family were more surprised than I was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbarot View Post
Halfagain..in my packet I got yesterday they suggested the listerine strips you put on your tongue
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTime50 View Post
Half again,
That info was on another thread posted by ALM2000. She was having an issue with keto-breath.
Thank you both! I'll probably do both combined. haha - can't be too fresh!
Old 02-23-2013, 08:52 AM   #12  

Hi Halfagain! Thanks so much! this morning DH was snoring rather loudly at 3:20 am so it got opened extra-early!

I use generic Binaca-type breath spray I keep in my purse, work bag, and desk drawer for whenever my mouth isn't feeling super fresh. It is easier than the small bottles of mouthwash I was keeping everywhere!

Quote:
Good morning all. Have another day of high school basketball playoffs. Yesterday went fine. Ate what I'm supposed to eat..felt fine and not hungry. My only issue is I had my restricted (cheese protein curls) around 9:30 pm. Hope I'm not messing up already. The problem is, when I'm working (on my days off now) I work evenings. I don't get out of work until 11:30 pm...so having that snack late will be a lifesaver for me. I really need to eat around my schedule. In fact, from time to time I'm on the all-nights (11-7am). Any suggestions? Let me just say, where I work my co-workers order out all the time. So I'm smelling Chinese, French fries, wings etc all night. Eating my snack late will be MY sin food
Sounds like you did great! We have to make this plan fit our lives. Good planning does that. Some days take more planning than others. It sounds like your all-nights will be especially challenging in the planning department but you'll be the winner in the food department!
Woo hoo! Keep it up! It really doesn't matter WHEN you eat the restricted. Some people try to eat them earlier in the day. You had a late nite. You did great.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:56 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 280/260/180

Height: 5'7

[QUOTE=lisa32989;4643380]Hi Halfagain! Thanks so much! this morning DH was snoring rather loudly at 3:20 am so it got opened extra-early!

I use generic Binaca-type breath spray I keep in my purse, work bag, and desk drawer for whenever my mouth isn't feeling super fresh. It is easier than the small bottles of mouthwash I was keeping everywhere!

I use breath spray too, it is called scope outlast.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:57 AM   #14  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
You should be fine eating your snack at 9:30. The point of the evening snack is fuel for while you are sleeping anyway.

You can also have 2 egg whites a day as a free food since it falls within the 0/0/0 requirement. I usually boil a bunch of eggs on Sunday and then I can just grab a couple from the fridge when I need them. They are a great snack for those days when you are a little more active, or just a hungry day.

Dill pickles are also part of the allowed veggies each day, and make a great quick snack. Just make sure that you are counting them towards your 4 cups per day.

Last edited by ragdoll74; 02-23-2013 at 08:58 AM.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:02 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 280/260/180

Height: 5'7

[QUOTE=bubbleblower;4643343]Agree w/kileymed on this one.

I'm packed up and ready to head north. I had my normal IP Cappuccino with coffee this morning, and have packed my salad dressing, an IP bar, and another packet in my carry-on for at the airport and on the plane. (No upgrade to F this time around so I'll pick up a salad at the airport.) We've got a busy week coming up getting ready for our move but then I'll be heading south again on a quick trip to see my mom. Crazy times! Thank goodness I've got this traveling on IP gig down pat!! I'm going home about 3 pounds lighter than when I arrived two weeks ago. (Can't say the same for my BIL. I think he's going to be in for a bit of a rude awakening at his next doctor's appointment next week!)[/QUOTE

I am leaving for AZ today ( first flight in 13 years) this will be my first time traveling with Ip. I've got rtd in my checked bag, and salad drsg pkts etc, otherwise I've got pkts tucked every where! I do have some cinnamon cereal in my purse for emergencies. hope everyone has a nice weekend!
Closed Thread